Green Bay fan reaction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Aug 18, 2008.

1. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Reality is starting to bite the fans in Green Gay! Payback is a b itch!

MalcomX
    Forumite
    Total posts: 365
    We need Favre!

olafberzerker
    Forumite
    Total posts: 2
    the most difficult part of the whole brett farve incident, are the sheepish fans. they follow management's ego driven mentality that they can create the next great one. the great one after dan marino.... still looking. the great one after john elway....still looking. the great one after jim kelley....still looking. the great one after phil simms....eli manning (and that was questioned until the super bowl). the situation with joe montana was completely different. steve young was a veteran in the league. he was in tampa, the pit of the nfl, before going to the niners. montana got hurt, forcing young to play. they found out he was an mvp quarterback by necessity. montana wouldn't have been "released" otherwise. great ones are rare and greatness comes from something within. the great one after joe namath.....is brett farve!!!!!!!!

FavreFan
    Forumite
    Total posts: 7
    What really sucks is that Wilde would have gone out of his way to write a 2 page article blasting Favre if he would have performed that way that Rodgers did, but as you can see there is no opinion stated about Rodgers play and there never will be. All he ever cared about was assisting in the removal of Brett Favre from the Packers organization and bashing him for everyhting he would say and do, both on and off the field.

GovtTruth
    Forumite
    Total posts: 13
    why every interception and incompletion Rodgers has, the media attributes to the WR's, yet, every 4 pick and incompletion was 4's fault?

hmmmm ....

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I feel for the Green Bay fans having gone through it with Namath. I happen to think this was a deal that works for both teams. They like their young QB they think he's ready it's time to move forward for Green Bay. The Jets on the other hand may or may not like their young QB's but deffinetly don't think they are ready. It's a good short move for the Jets, the Pack get to see if they're right and they get some value as well as unload 12 Million off their cap.

It may be a dissaster for both or one of the teams but I see the logic in it for both sides from a team and business point of view.

3. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

More reaction from Green Gay! As I stated when this first happened, there is nothing good that can come out of this for Green Gay. They'll be lucky to win more than 5 games.

Bad: On the same day Brett Favre looked sharp in his New York Jets debut, Rodgers had an uneven performance. It may not be a fair comparison, but the naysayers have nevertheless started to murmur.

Ugly: General Manager Ted Thompson will face severe criticism if his judgment on Favre and Rodgers proves faulty. But handing the backup quarterback positions to a pair of unproven rookies could turn into an even bigger blunder. Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn may someday be fine NFL quarterbacks. But if either is forced into a starting role this year due to an injury to the suddenly vulnerable Rodgers, the Packers' playoff hopes will evaporate. The normally conservative-minded Thompson is taking a huge risk at the most important position on the team.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Green Gay???

5. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

There was logic with the move however as a fan it's heartbreaking to see your best opportunity of winning get shoved out the door for a 4th round pick (possibly 1st) and having to adjust to life with a new quarterback who has shown promise but has not started an NFL game.

6. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

I typed in Green Gay by mistake then I thought why not go with it!

7. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

More reaction from Packer faithful. Reality is starting to set in and it's getting ugly!

packfan62
    I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE SPIN FROM THE 3 STOOGES

August 7, 2008 10:06 AM | ReportAbuse
    ljbsr
    TT,MM just through away a great chance at another superbowl. they don't come around to often. you don't treat a legend like that.

August 7, 2008 10:07 AM | ReportAbuse
    ak47
    ask Thompson why he doesn't want to win

Does he love losing or hate winning?

August 7, 2008 10:07 AM | ReportAbuse
    rickienoo
    F the Pack brass. DO they think we give an S what they are going to have to say?

Take your "some sadness" and shove it.

8. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

THIS WINS AN AWARD FOR BEST RESPONSE BY A PACKER FAN!

letsjustbeatchicago
    Attn: Season ticket holders

Upset with the Favre move? Give up your tickets so I move up the line faster!

I hope Favre wins the MVP and we beat the Jets in the superbowl. Unfortunately, neither will happen. Although I would bet the Jets have a better shot at finishing 10-6 than we do. Way to go Ted. Hope you can turn that second round pick into 4 5 and 6th round picks where you will draft some more David Clowneys of the world. How again, is Randy Moss not worth a 4th round pick but getting rid of a legend is?

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it seems the lemonade has turned slightly "bitter" in Wisconsin.

10. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Sorry guys one last report from Packer faithful! I couldn't resist not including these two gems!

August 17, 2008 4:33 AM | ReportAbuse
    ILPACKFAN13
    Hey I wish TT would have been paying attention, thise Jets picked up a guy this year that looked pretty good after ONE week of practice with a new team - no tempo problems, no needeing to get in sync issues, no excuses about needed a more intense training camp schedule - and the Jets only had four wins last year. Yeah too bad TT wasn't paying attention to what the TEAM needed and made sure that guy got on the Pack Roster!

All of these excuses brought up in this blog are BS - these are supposed to be professionals, assembled by professionals and coach by professionals - saying afterwards that a team was not prepared does not get you a pass even for a preseason game. This is a team full of themselves that has forgotten how hard it was getting where they were last year and now do not have the leadership and the gounding that they had last year. TT is a boob - MM - although I like quite a bit - is full of himself and I hope that this wakes him up! Too bad he has a net loss in talent form last year.

August 17, 2008 5:36 AM | ReportAbuse
    Dave@lasVegas
    This season will be a disaster and a waste. We can all thank TT and Murphy for that. No Football sense at all. Thaey should be fired and sent packing for sure by seasons end. But they will make all the excuses in the world but the bottom line is winning in a QB driven league. They dropped the ball and I cant wait for them to be fired and run out of GB.....

11. #17 with a bullet

It is too bad that forums weren't around when Namath was picked up by the rams. I am sure some of the comments would have been similar.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

what forum is all that stuff on?

13. #17 with a bullet

14. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

15. #17 with a bullet

It is going to be amazing watching the fan reaction from there when the season starts if they do not play well.

16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Why the Clowney hate?

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am a huge Favre fan, been so for a long time. I can't believe our good fortune to have him here.

But that doesn't mean there was no logic behind Green Bay's move. Rodgers may stumble a bit, but they seem to think he's a more solid prospect than, for example, Clemens at this point.

Another point concerns those turnaround predictions. Favre will bring improvement, but it's not like he was replacing an even average NFL qb on the team last year. After LG our Qb was the weakest position on the team. Of course an upgrade like this, going from a D- to Brett Favre, will show up in the win column. In other words, it's not all Favre.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

How can it possibly be a disaster for the Jets? Do you really think Pennington or Clemens would have been better than an old Favre? I don't.

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Possibly, but the big difference is when Namath was traded his knees were for all practical purposes, shot. It was blatantly clear that the Jets should move on. There was extreme sentiment, no doubt, but the decision was facing reality.

In Brett's case, yes he has aged, but he also has not been injured hardly at all in his NFL career. My point is there is still a decent amount left in the tank. Favre to the Jets made a lot of sense.

It is just ashame that things got fairly tenuous in GB over the Favre dilemma; I do not think that was any way to treat a guy that has done so much for the Packers organization.

20. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Big Blocker: No it is not all Favre, as a QB he needs a line that can block and receivers that run routes and catch the balls he throws. Still, he brings an intangible, a desire and willingness to win that goes beyond the typical highly competitive professional athlete. The other Jets will see this, feed off it and be the better for it. I will always appreciate the Jets for giving Favre a home--Thompson can burn in hell.