Madden '09 League 360 - Starting Up Soon

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 15, 2008.

?

Read thread before voting! What options do you prefer (league members only)

Poll closed Aug 20, 2008.
  1. Do you want fantasy draft and player stats?

69.2%
  2. Do you want stock teams and no player stats?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fantasy Draft Saturday 08/23

30.8%
  4. Fantasy Draft - Some Other Day

61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Madden '09 League 360 - Pick a draft Date

[​IMG]
    *** Posting a picture of Favre on the cover of Madden in a Jets uniform will result in immediate and permanent expulsion from the league.***

These are the people I have listed as signed up. You have until midnight Monday (8/18) Morning to add yourself if you aren't already on the list and want to sign up. Please only sign up if you're serious about finishing the league to completion. No quitters!

BlairThomas#1
    Broadway Brett
    devilonthetownhallroof
    DrewAlmighty
    Duk Dodgers
    Hofstra Jet
    Jetfavremack
    Johnnytint
    Namath2Kolber
    ReservoirDog76
    Rhodster#25
    rillo
    WWWestonC
    xxedge72x
    Youth Is Served

The online leagues are much different than doing a franchise based on what I'm reading. On the bright side, it answers any questions we had about doing a fantasy draft. According to that article, you can set your draft list and priorities but the computer does an auto-draft like a fantasy football auto-draft. Unfortunately the only way the online league keeps stats is if you do the fantasy draft. There are some other oddities like no divisions and such, but these are the most important things relevant to us.

So I'm assuming everyone will want the league to keep stats which requires a fantasy draft, but I'll add a poll anyway.

We will randomly select teams. What I will do is send PM to one of you with the list of members, ask you to randomly rearrange that list 1-32 and send it to everyone else in the league EXCEPT ME. Obviously some of the numbers will be blank. No one can send it to me or tell me about it because I will create a random list of the NFL teams 1-32. Once the original person puts a post up to let me know everyone has their random list I will post my list for everyone to see. We'll then marry the two lists to see who has what team. I hope I explained that well because it looks like a giant ramble.

I will also send a PM to everyone after I post this requesting that they post in here with their 360 gamer tag. You must respond by midnight Tuesday (8/19) morning in this thread with your 360 gamer tag or you will not be eligible for the league.

I would like to set the "fantasy draft" to go off Saturday (08/23) evening some time. I think that gives people enough time to set their draft cards and priorities. This is up for vote though - if more than 50% disagree with that date we'll gather ideas and have another vote.

The only votes that will be counted are votes for people in the league so please don't vote if you aren't planning on playing in it.

Misc Notes:
    - If you want to join the league but currently have a RROD in for repair, see if you can set your draft card and priorities from a friends 360.
    - Should we create a schedule or just play the games whenever? I think a schedule will help keep things moving along with everyone playing 1 game a week. Discuss.

#1 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

My 360 name is "Drunk Guardian".

I also think we should just play whenever. There should be a limit as to WHEN the league will end but it may be difficult for certain people to meet at any given time, thus an any time format may be more beneficial.

#2 xxedge72x, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  3. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

My gamertag is xCHARLIExSCENEx

4. Drew

Drew Active Member

thelegendki11ah

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm Jetfanmack, but I'm currently in for repair, and there's no one I know who will be around that day who has a 360. I don't know what to do.

6. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Beelzebot44

I voted for "some other day" for the draft, but that was my way of saying I don't care when it is. As I understand it, we don't have to actually be around anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

Also, since we're (likely) doing a fantasy draft anyway, and I'm the only Cowboys fan (as far as I know) can I claim them?

EDIT: Just saw how we're picking teams, so my request may not be possible.

#6 devilonthetownhallroof, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  7. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

unfortunately, youre gonna have to take me off the list because my xbox is broken and i wont be getting a new one for a little while. sorry guys.

8. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

My gamertag is Schweenster

Thanks

Youthâ„¢

9. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

1 game a week is good...not sure if I could do more trying to line up schedules and being based on the West Coast.

tag: embarrassyou

Doesn't look like anyone has to be there for the draft. It is auto-pick and the teams will be selected at random in advance, right?

10. Johnnytint

Johnnytint Member

Reese360 gametag

I would prefer a fantasy draft that can be done in about 2hrs.

i cant spend 5+hrs doing a draft for a 53 man rooster

if there is > 20 teams that should work

pick 1 qb 2 rbs 3 wr 1 te and the rest is a team def, oline ect

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The fantasy draft is done by the computer. It's an auto-draft where you just set a draft card and your priorities. Whatever day the fantasy draft occurs, it will be done by the cpu and we don't have to be online to do it. That is my understanding from what I've read.

12. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Gamertag: WWWestonC

13. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I'm still interested. My tag is yippypippy

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

What? That's fucking stupid.

15. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I'm still in as well.

GT: Duk Dodgers

16. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

i am going to sign up tonite. how do i get into the league tho? do i need info? also.. as long as we dont have to be here for draft thats cool.. i kno some will be at jets game that night..

gamertag is JeTs2521

17. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

i will be signing up this evening when I get home from work

Gamertag: embarrassyou

18. Drew

Drew Active Member

I've decided with the whole computer doing the draft thing, I'm out. It's just a horrible, horrible idea.

19. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

I'm confused as to how you thought a Fantasy Draft would work for this then? Did you see it feasible for 20+ players to pick 50+ roster spots one-by-one? Expecting all those people to lock themselves in a "draft room" for like 5 days straight? That's insanity. I don't see how else it could've been done. Maybe like first five rounds be live draft, but even then, it gives an unfair advantage to those who don't have the time to do that.

This way you go in when you get a chance before Saturday, set your rankings, and see who you end up with.

20. rillo

rillo New Member

I'm down, just gotta see how this fantasy draft is gonna work. I picked 8/23