Coming to a Jets game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ukjetsfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Does anyone know the address of the new TC site? I know its in Florham Park, but can someone narrow it down for me? Its going to be a half hr less of a drive for me, and i'd like to do more TC work for the site. I went for the 1st time wednesday and it was amazing.

Without dealing with the Belt and Southern State Pkwy, I can get there in under an hr - and go maybe 3 times a week, and possibly to the morning and night practices.

2. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Exactly, there are definitely nice and safe parts of Newark. I was talking about this thread with a friend of mine today who grew up there. There are definitely terrible spots, but also some very nice and safe areas. I know the Performing Arts center is very nice and well policed, as is, I believe, the new stadium there, for example.

All of that said, if we're talking 1 or 2 days and you're already shelling out some bucks to travel and for a good experience, it's extremely hard to justify any part of NJ over NYC. The dining, bars, museums, attractions....basically everything....is better in NYC. And ironically it's easier to get to the stadium without a car from NYC via the Port Authority bus (currently the only advocated mass transit option for Jets games). And it's only $10 round trip, and takes 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy the trip either way! I'm pretty psyched to go see Favre tomorrow. I'm planning my tailgate menu now!

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The new stadium is in the Meadowlands, not Newark. What the hell are some of you people talking about? Are any of you from the NJ area or know the area? Some of you are from Manhatten, so naturally the Port Authority bus terminal is the "most convenient" way to Giants stadium for you. For me, the inhalation of diesel fumes and the crowded bus ride are enough to turn off the entire experience.

Newark is not the Meadowlands. We're talking about two completely different places. And you don't need to spend $300 a night in Manhatten. You can have a much better game-day experience by staying in NJ and still get pummelled in "the city" any time you want, should you choose to expose yourself to that, from the Jersey side.

4. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Not sure about anyone else, but I was referring to the Prudential Center, which, I assure you, is in Newark.

I suppose I could have said "arena" instead of stadium, but yeah, I'm aware that the Jets don't play in Newark.

I'm not an expert on Newark, but I have lived in NJ for 33.5 years now. And I can assure you that NYC is a slightly better tourist area than NJ...

5. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

When I went to a game in '04, I stayed at a hotel right next to the stadium (I believe it was a Holiday Inn). Literally walked to the stadium on game day.

With the exchange rate, I'm sure you can afford a nice hotel.