Madden 09...the BEST Madden I have ever played.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PennyandtheJets, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

7-2 online on 360 with the Jets, should be 8-1... got bitched out due to a bad connection after I injured his starting QB.

Oh well. Still playing well. The defense is SICK.

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I don't understand how anyone's passing game can suck, in my last two games Farve is 26/27 with 3 TD's. I was 15/16 in my 1st game and then 11/11 in my 2nd game.

3. MParty7441

Sorry dude, Met game, then I started watching Phelps and the Olympics, sometime soon, besides...you just beat a guy, you dont want to get a loss to me! :rofl:

4. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

:rofl:
    Just trying to help ya out and hand ya a "W" under the wins column.

It's all good. There's some things I wanna work out on my own anyway like for my LB's, I like changing their scheme depending on the play the offense is running, whether it be to drop back in coverage, cover the flats, or blitz the QB. I can't seem to work that out now. Also, doubling the wide-receivers WITHOUT running a Cover Z play from my Dime package. Randy Moss was burning me a lot, even when I highlighted him as the primary receiver.

As they say...all in good time.

5. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I've only played one online game so far, played some guy who was the saints. I forced a punt on the first drive then drove down and kicked a FG. Next drive he threw a 2 yd pass into the flat and somehow broke 2 tacklers and took it all the way for 7. Frustrated I had Favre throw a 40 yard out to Coles on my first play from scrimmage after Miller returned the ball to the saints 45, the out got me to the 1 yard line before I got pushed out of bounds. 3 runs from the 1 yard line, no go, so settled for a FG to make it 6-7. Long story short, he threw a pick on the next drive and it was all downhill from there. 27-7 late in the 3rd when he quit, then I used the "grant mercy" option to avoid having to play the 4th quarter.

According to online I'm 13-3, but I'm really 1-0, it carried over my 12-3 record from last year for some reason, but it says 1-0 deep in my career profile.

6. boomer

boomer Active Member

That's the thing. I already payed $40 for the same recycled crap from the last 3 years, I don't want to go out and buy another adapter just for one player.

I'd rather just create him. Does anyone have a link to his official attributes?

7. MParty7441

Just played Scikotics, i was the Jags he was the Saints, beat him 20-0....at the end of the 1st half, I forgot I had no TO's left, if you were wondering...also 2 questions...how do u no huddle to the line and spike it...and....how do you send a receive messages while being online? I can't figure it out, I need to quit the game to read my messages otherwise.

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I couldnt get around the Jags defense. It was killer. It didnt help that my O-Line was getting absolutely pwned by the Jags D-line, so running wasnt an option. Good Game. Next time it wont be so easy, I promise you that. And I'll never try the Saints again, they have no weapons other then bush, which doesnt do much since I couldnt run.

as for spiking, hold O. to send messages, press your PS button in the middle of the remote, and go to your messages. its that easy.

P.S.- I hate you for ruining my undefeated streak. Im now going to ruin you.

9. MParty7441

Ahh man, I could play with any D and my D is that good...my first 4 games I was the Jets and my D was just had dominate then....I'm so mad I threw that INT...my only incompletion of the game...so in my last 3 games I'm 36/38 passing.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

maybe you shouldnt have thrown that pass :up: You caught me on my off game, i usually have about 3 or 4 picks a game.

As for your D, I think it would have been a much different game if I had a different team. I could tell right away I didnt like the Saints, but what could I do? I can pretty much guarantee you will never shut me down like that again, but we can wait to see..

either way, your good. Maybe you play this game too much, but well find out soon enough..

11. MParty7441

haha, I can tell you I dont play the game too much. It was 1.5 years since I touched Madden. I bought last years, play a half, hated it and didn't touch it again. That INT I threw, I thought he was wide open, i didnt see the CB.

12. Bob_Nelson

Bob_Nelson New Member

It sounds like Madden finally upgraded the actual gameplay, rather than just focus on the features.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I am enjoying the game. I'm getting the passing down, but I can't run for shit, whether it is a handoff or running after the catch. player just don't seem like they can get space and break away from defenders.

14. MParty7441

Just played a guy ranked 110. beat him 28-21...was up 28-7 but he threw some bombs and stuff. I was 12/14 with Favre and 3 TD's that makes me 38/42 in my last four games.

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

user pick FTW

16. Bob_Nelson

Bob_Nelson New Member

Damn, everyone seems to be tearing it up with Favre!

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

lol - I played week 8 of my first franchise today on "My Skill" which hovers around 600 give or take 20.

At halftime Favre had 347 yards passing, and 4 TD Passes. Keller had 3 TD receptions and over 100 yards receiving. The next game @Buffalo I threw 5 INT's before throwing a single TD and ended up losing by a FG in OT.

Playing with Favre is great, you can zip the ball into spots you'd never think about with our QB's from previous years. The deep ball is outstanding too, but being able to get it where it's going so quick is what I like best.

18. MParty7441

I never throw deep, I stay with the short passes always...thats probably why my passing percentage is so high. I just won again this morning against a higher ranked guy, for those counting that makes me 7-0. I was 8/9 with Favre and over my last 5 games online I'm 46/51 passing.

19. MParty7441

Just played the pats, Moss is impossible to stop, he gets open every play, but he drops a lot of them. I won 38-21. 12/13 with Favre and 4 TD's, 58/64 in my last 6.

20. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I just booted it up for the first time, and it froze in my first game with the franchise.... WTF