Coming to a Jets game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ukjetsfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I haven't even mentioned the 4 college students who earlier in the year were brought to some school playground and shot execution style in the back of the head.

2. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Staying in NJ is about as good an idea as...moving TC to that wasteland.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I'm only advocating that he stay there if he's on a budget. If he can stretch it out, take in NYC by all means.

4. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I understand. i'm just saying that given the choice between playing and staying and in NY vs NJ, it's a no-brainer.

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true bitter LIer.:beer:

Being that I live in FL, I would rather they keep TC in LI just so we can continue to get your kick-ass reports as often as possible.

Don't listen to 'em UK...NJ just puts all the crap in Newark and Camden...and along the major highways. That way, the outsiders don't know how nice it really is.

6. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I'm not bitter. I am happy for the Jerseyites who will get to experience TC for themselves, and I look forward to reading their reports.

I know Woody would have preferred the Westside stadium, or he wouldnt have even attempted to get the dang thing passed. It is a no-brainer that NYC >>>>NJ. that isnt bitterness- it's reality.

I was more pissed about some things that happened with the team last season than moving TC locations, but that too has passed.

Travelling to NJ is a hassle for me, and i am content watching the games on TV. I am sure some other posters will pick up the baton and start writing TC reports for us to read. that works for me, too.

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Hey, I can live with a little college hazing...

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Go to the Portugese section of Newark (South Newark). Safe as hell & the food is terrific. About 2/3 miles from Newark Airport. The Italian section of NewarK is also real safe & naturally the food is outstanding as well

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Just a minute here!

My 3-hour round trips to LI from central Jersey haven't been a hassle?

No excuses, Jetcane... you're going to TC next year whether you like it or not. Come on over and we'll hook up with Kurt and some others. Your reports will be sorely missed otherwise.

Seriously, don't rule it out just yet. The facility alone will be worth the drive, and we could all meet for breakfast and go over to the practice together... that'd be a hell of a lot of fun!

10. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, you can't beat those Portugese restaurants. If he wants to travel outside that area, however, he'll need a steel pot, flak jacket and an M-16.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I used to go to a place named Tony D' Conneco's or something like that. Wonder if it is still there. Also the Spanish place right near the near train station had terrific paella.

12. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Okay okay, lol.

I'll take it under advisement. I'll have a whole year to think about it.

I'm sure I'll go to at least SEE what the new facility is all about, but as far as being a regular, that is still doubtful.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

My dad grew up in Newark. He said as a kid, Newark was a beautiful town. Nice and clean. He remembered his dad walking him to the movie theater at night many times, no problems, and no worries of getting shot. He told me it is sad what Newark has become.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Some of the places haved changed hands, Champ, and I haven't been there in a couple of years myself. But the thing is, nothing has changed as far as the restaurants. You can still park your car and walk around and take your pick... one is still just as good as the other.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Re; Not staying in Newark.
    Bull! I've stayed there loads and NEVER EVER had any problems. I stay in Union or Elizabeth and find it to be what I want, cheap, cleanish and with good links to the city.
    Found some great bars with equally great people who got me considerably drunk and sang Sinatra all night.
    If cheap and cheerfull is what you want, go to Newark

16. Maryland Jet

Maryland Jet New Member

Newark is a hell hole it would be well worth a few extra bucks or bob in your case to stay in Manhattan. Besides the fact there's far more to do you can probable get the bus from the Port Authority to the Meadowlands for 20 bucks cheaper than cabbing it from Newark.

17. Section 227. Row 5

UK, this suggestion is probably your best bet, IMO. You won't spend a fortune, it's extremely convenient and if you want to take a trip into NYC, you can easily do that. Staying in Manhatten and taking mass transit to the game is a PITA, as far as I'm concerned, and expensive as hell.

I think there's a Sheraton near the stadium as well. Not sure the Fairfield Inn has a bar, but the Sheraton would have one. If it does, you'll have some Jets fans to commensurate with while you imbibe after the game.

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip Gus! Are you going to make a game this year?

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Would love to, but have been hit really hard by the credit crunch. Might have to go back to truck driving if it continues.
    I guess what I call rough and Locals to Newark call rough are very different.
    I was there last, 3 years ago and I can't believe its really changed that much.
    I'm desperate to give you names of places to stay and good bars, but can't remember a single one :beer:.
    All I did was fly into Newark and Pick a place of the board as you walk through arrivals.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

hey my ass aint that big