Madden 09...the BEST Madden I have ever played.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PennyandtheJets, Aug 12, 2008.

1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Unless you're playing with the Raiders. A peu oiseau told me it is guaranteed that any back on that Raiders roster will average a minimum of at least 10 yds per carry behind that zone-blocking scheme.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

the quit feature is retarded. I was winning 14-0 in the 2nd, about to score again. He quit, and to get points I have to finish the game against the computer. Weak!

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Gholston just got up and picked one and ran it back 80 yards for 6

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

YESS!!! Someone quit on me yesterday and they give you 3 options, Finish game against CPU, quit and count game, quit and dont count game, so i pressed quit and count game, and it tells me I wont get a win? WTF...luckly, he quit with under a minute left in the game, so I didnt mind finishing it up.

5. MParty7441

Add me as a friend, Mparty7441...I'll be around a little later to play a game if you're on.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

already did check your friend requests

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

this guy is gonna have a surprise when he check out the score of the game. he left when it was 14-0. Now its 35-0. Stupid ass quitter. 5-0 record my ass.

8. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Oh brother.

Yeah, the Dolphins acheivement is funny, until you realize that there's a similar Jets one...EA pricks.

I suck at running still too, but try shifting the protection like another poster said. Then, don't sprint until the hole develops and then sprint through it, and do not use your "moves" until you need to make someone miss, rather than try to dance around through the holes. DEs will come around after getting to the backfield to wrap you up for like a yard somehow, and also the lineman can shed blocks instantly (somehow) as you scoot by so it's better to just be sprinting.

Passing's too easy and the QBs never get sacked/rattled Human or CPU. Here's a gamepsy review excerpt:

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/madden-nfl-09/898084p1.html

9. MParty7441

Just beat a guy online, 17-10, I'm the Jets he was the Seahawks, Farve was 15-16 with 2 TD's, the one incomplete was a drop by Jesse Chatman...remind me never to use him again when Leon get hurt.

#129 MParty7441, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  10. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I gotta get this game.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Use Keller or Baker out of the backfield if Leon goes down. They have reliable hands...

12. MParty7441

The whole thing was, it was 3rd down and I wanted to have the RB run that angle route out of the backfield, so i needed a RB to get out in front of the LB,he did that and then he dropped it.

13. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Get a runningback faster than Thomas Jones. I had no trouble running with Adrian Peterson but a ton running with Thomas Jones

14. MParty7441

I just finished a game, won 24-14, guy was playing cheap as fuck, then i got up 21-7 and he offered friendly quit 3 times, he threw a INT down by 10 with 2 minutes left and he quits.

15. MParty7441

nah dude, I play online, with the Jets, I'm able to run with Leon and TJ, I had a 60 year run with TJ last game.

16. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I played a good friend earlier and we've had epic Madden battles for the last 5 years.

I won 14-7. We had 197 COMBINED TOTAL YARDS in this bullshit new PS3 version. 7 of my points came on a fumble for a TD by Barton.

The gameplay looks slower, the players run like robots, running is difficult, Coles "96" speed looks like 28 speed. In previous Madden their was a nice overhead view, I can barely see over the line here and everything is so cluttered in a zone defense, no holes to thread like before.

And how do you jump as the WR? I see that if you tap triangle it goes for an aggressive catch, well I haven't been able to leap for a stupid jump ball.

I can't even use Rhodes, or at least like I once did. I'm going to try Gholston to simply rush the passer.

Very weird, will take a long while to get used to.

The days of me scoring 35 and posting 350+ yards of offense seem to be over.

Oh yes, when it looks like I gain about 3 steps, it turns out to be a 7 yards gain.

17. MParty7441

Add me man, I'll play you sometime...Mparty7441

18. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

WTF! What happened to our game tonight?! Ha! :smile:

JK. On a good note, I finally got my roster update AND I finally played someone and won. To make things sweeter, he played with the Patriots and right before the end of the first half, I was up 17-0. I guess he quit or got disconnected or something because I was left to play against the CPU. I'm off to a good start so far.

19. Laveranues

Laveranues Member

I have the 360 .. record is 6-2 with the jets .. if any of you guys want to play my gamertag is venezio .. and ill olny play as long as im the jets

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Well, so far, so good.

Im 4-0 online, and I have played some pretty formidable opponents. I think the average level skill of my opponents is a 3, including a guy that was 15-4. I played some cheap ass who literally played with the Giants ( big deal) but would run the same exact play over and over, and for some odd reason it was working. He would then milk the clock so I wouldnt get the ball back. He actually drained 7 minutes off the clock on his first drive. Weak. He let the play clock down to 1 second every time. So long story short, I stuffed him 2 times in a row on the ground his 2nd possession and made him throw the ball, and you know what happened.

Kerry Rhodes, Picked!!!

So I decided to play his game and milk the clock for all it was worth. Including a play where he tried to let me score on deep ball but I stopped on the 5 and milked the rest of it until the last second fieldgoal.

The 15-4 guy was legit, but his passing game sucked. Good D, and really good at running with McFadden ( who isnt?) but I had the ball down 13-10 with 55 seconds and 2 TOs left. Marched down the field ( he wasnt covering any flats, out routes, or corner routes). I know, what a dumbass. got to the 5 with 20 seconds left, no TOs. Ran a quick pass out of the backfield and got to the 1, spiked it with 10 seconds left. Ran 1 more play ( incomplete) which brought it to 5 seconds. Then found Coles on a inside slant route on 3rd down, with 2 seconds left to tick.

BAM! 4-0.

I try to find players that are good, I think the 1 skill level players would be too easy now that I have a grip for the game.