Madden 09...the BEST Madden I have ever played.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PennyandtheJets, Aug 12, 2008.

1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

What does near impossible mean? I've played two games against the computer and I've scored 14 and 24 points a piece. Online I've scored 14 and 31 points. That's an average of 18.25 points a game, I would says that probably below average, what about the rest of you.

2. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I've only gotten all the way through on game. I scored 16, but it was three field goals off of turnovers and I returned a kick for a TD. I went so long between versions that I'm completely lost. The things I could do in 2005 (the last one I had) don't work anymore.

3. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

played it last night, graphics are much improved, the stadiums are fantastic, players look good. IMO the gameplay feels a little bit slower, does anyone else think that or is it just me?

4. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

played this game yesterday, sick. i need a wireless adapter for my 360 now that my routers in my moms room.

im thinking of copping a ps3

5. MParty7441

I disagree a ton, I thought the game is smoother faster than it's ever been.

6. MParty7441

You returned a Kick? NICE! I've only gotten past the 40 one time,I think.

7. devilonthetownhallroof

I've always been a dominant kick returner in Madden, not sure why. Terrence Newman went basically untouched 97 yards.

I'd be happier with it if it wasn't the only way I could score though haha.

8. rillo

rillo New Member

This pisses me off, glad I didn't purchase it. EA has ruin Madden, going back to the original Xbox.

9. MParty7441

I'd be better at it, but they took away formation subs. I don't know why...so now I can't change the Kick return blockers from the safties they put in there to Linebackers or other O-linemen.

10. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

11. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I think the training thing before the games is the progress in this generation I could be wrong but it seems that way. I havent skipped or played a whole season so I'm not 100%.

12. rillo

rillo New Member

It does, however players use to progress during the season just based off of stats during the year.

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I don't think the gameplay is slow. Matter of fact, it's so fast, the players often times look like they're gliding on the field. Tackling & catching looks good, however, I think the running looks horrible. The players look stiff when they run.

When I started playing this game, I got a Madden IQ of 588. Offense was nearly impossible against the Dolphins. I literally only had 1 second to throw the ball, so imagine the picks I had. Jason Taylor had 7 sacks that game, and I was down some 30-something to 0. Thomas Jones averaged .6 yds per carry and Revis picked a pass off and ran it in for a TD. That's the only time I scored. By the time the game finished, I lost 50-something to 10.

I turned off my Madden IQ and set it to Beginner. I won 34-0. Even at Beginner, I had a hard time scoring on the Dolphins all 2nd and 3rd qtr. Prior to this I considered myself a pretty damn decent player that had back to back perfect seasons with the Jets on Franchise All-Madden Mode. So, I guess I got a lot of practicing to do.

14. MParty7441

Thats so interesting....I'm a Madden IQ of 612 and I also thought All-Madden in past years was a joke. I lost to the comp 16-14 and then beat them 24-14, you have online? Lets a get a game going later...I think you have PS3...

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I do. But I don't hop on that bad boy til around 9ish NY-time. My OID is rmagedon6.

Be easy on me. This is my 1st online experience, and I'm making the jump from PS2 to PS3, so the controls are ALLLLLLL fucked up for me. I take that into consideration with assessing how badly I'm doing, but with time, I'm sure I'll catch on.

16. MParty7441

Haha, Sounds good to me, I'll be able to play you after the Met game.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

finally found my groove. It took a while to get used to this game ( animations, running game, defense). Won 5 of my last 6 and the running game is solid. More importantly, I can actually defend the pass. Phew!!

18. devilonthetownhallroof

Tips on running the ball?

19. MParty7441

Use a two back system, you said you play with cowboys, use Barber and Jones. If you want to run inside with a fullback or on short yardage go with Barber, if you want to run outside, or if you want to run from the spread formation (4 Wr's, run HB sprint or dive) or single back use Jones.

20. devilonthetownhallroof

I just figured it out accidentally. The key is SLIDE PROTECTION!

I know it's for passing, but I called the wrong audible and it worked. I've been picking up 3-5 yards a carry using it.

My problem was defenders would be on my back as the handoff happened. Slide protection apparently solves that.