Madden 09...the BEST Madden I have ever played.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PennyandtheJets, Aug 12, 2008.

1. boomer

boomer Active Member

Does anyone have it for PS2? Is Favre in the game already?

2. nyj8085

nyj8085 Member

If he is, I have not been able to find him. I would guess he is on the all time roster. I would think if you connect online you can get him though.

The PS2 version has little improvement. It still has Madden and Michaels doing the voices, no learn as a you skills mode. I think I may have finally make the move to the PS3

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Please disregard this post if you don't wanna hear me bitching...but I am...

...so, please allow me to bitch here for a minute.

So I just jumped from the PS2 Madden '08 platform, to PS3's Madden '09.

Before I continue, I gotta say, I hated last Madden for the PS3, the gameplay and the controls sucked big time and couldn't get used to it. So, I returned it and got '08 for PS2.

At least Madden '08 for the PS3 last year allowed you to tweek the controls so that you can have "X" be your sprint button. This year's Madden doesn't allow you to change anything AT ALL in your controls (damn nazi's). I hate R2 being my sprint button. I don't know what a L1 (Lead Blocker/WR) means. I hate that when you motion a wide receiver or your Fullback, you have to shift thru every player (O), and if you press it once too often, you have to shift thru all the players again.

Also, is it just me, or do your receivers get lost in the grass when you play with the Jets and their green uniforms?

There's so much clutter on the screen with the Pre-Snap options. By the time I look at that, and set up blocks, I get a delay of game. On Defense, because the player indicator is green with a slight shade of gray, on a green field is hard to recognize. I tried to have my LB blitz and the CPU started the play, by the time I thought I was a linebacker, I was a Safety and got burnt for a long bomb from Beck. Also, the game (for shits and giggles) likes to change the buttons your receivers. In a passing play my HB is (X)? Why can't he just be L1? One time (that I was able to catch), Cotch playing weak side (is almost always the Square-button) was the Triangle-button. WTF?!

There's just so many things I can go on about, but I figure if I'm going to enjoy the NextGen Madden, I better get used to the new controls. So, I am going to stick by this one and try to pick it up. I will also turn off my Madden IQ (which was 588) because the game is way too fast for me to know what the fuck is going on. I will start at Beginner and take it from there.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I agree with one thing you said, on defense, I didn't know what player I was presnap b/c the name is there for half a second then goes away, and the green circle under the player get mixed in with the grass and I dont know who I am. It's so dumb the name under the player is gone after a second.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I agree, I am sticking with PS3 although I prefer PS2's gameplay. Just have to get used to it. Although Madden 09 is much better than Madden 08 PS3 wise.

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I have it for ps2, and yes Favre is on the jets. Just download the roster update.

7. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

can anybody put some god damn pressure on the qb with the jets? I have 4 sacks in 5 games and as soon as i get close to the qb he throws the ball. I just played the most bullshit game. Palmer fucking tore up my defense. I still won but it was frustrating that he completed the first 20 passes in the game! he kept throwing off his back foot to an open receiver. Any tips would be much appreciated. Oh, and has anybody played the d-lineman drill? i'm trying to get gholston to develop a power move but i swear to go that that drill is impossible.

8. MParty7441

move Gholston to a DE....hes a beast.

9. MParty7441

I've decided im going to play online a lot more this year than most, I havent played online a lot since 05. My name is Mparty7441 on PS3...add me.

10. Laveranues

Laveranues Member

I know that once you have a consaul you cannot switch, because if you want to switch your throwing like a grand down the trash, but I played madden for both 360 and PS3 but i like 360 better. Do not get me wrong Madden on both were amazing and i will always buy madden, no matter what system I have. But, for you ps3s try the 360 madden.

11. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I think I need to go back and tank the Madden test. The drills are NOTHING like the game situations and I did very well on the offensive ones making it impossible to do anything offensively.

12. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Before the game starts and the difficulty is on "my skill" level, just change the offensive to an easier setting.

13. devilonthetownhallroof

The thing is, I want it to adapt to my ACTUAL skill. I know it will get easier and easier as I go, but I think that's backwards. I want to win while waiting for it to change haha.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

time to stop playing franchise. Players dont progress, ever! Its a Madden bug. Sorry fellas but it looks like online is the only way to play this years Madden. EA really fucked up.

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Mine progress fine, is this a ps3/360 bug?

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

thats what was reported...

17. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Things I like...

Really like that they brought back the Smart-Routes to extend receivers patterns to the first down marker.

The DBs also turn around and actually look for the ball.

WR catches have better animation

Things I don't like...

Hard to run with TJ (even behind Faneca)

Swing pass / check-down receivers run out of bounds

Too many stats between plays (while the clock is running)...probably can turn those off though.

Seems like you have to Hit Stick instead of hitting the normal tackled button or the runner/receiver will break the tackle.

Jets-related

Keller is ridiculous

Henry is decent as a #3WR, but Smith drops too many passes

Good speed on the defense.

18. MParty7441

I've play two games online with the Jets and it's a lot easier to run the ball online than against the comp, I usually average about 4 YPC online. Also, like you all say, Keller is a beast, he's my safety blanket on 3rd down, he usually has 5-7 catches a game, for around 60 years or so, more if he breaks a tackle for a big gain. I would say most of his catches are for a 1st down as well. The Jets D is fast as hell, I move Barton to OLB, move Ghoston to DE and then move Ellis to DT. That really makes the DL and LB very strong,the only weakness on the D is the 2nd CB spot and FS. However, I play with Rhodes on D so I make up for the weaknesses by playing an awesome SS. I'm on PS3, and you guys should really add me as a friend so I can beat you, add me!! MPARTY7441

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I haven't had too much time to play it. Only went through the training twice and played 2 games vs the comp. But i am horrible in 09 so far. Very hard to move the ball. I've been using the Jets and i don';t get a second in the pocket and TJ can't get but a yard or PC.

20. devilonthetownhallroof

I'm having the same problem, and I play with the Cowboys. I'm finding offense to be near impossible.