Dolphins Cut Feely?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by #17 with a bullet, Aug 12, 2008.

1. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Dolphins-release-veteran-kicker-Jay-Feely?urn=nfl,100196

I think the Jets odds of winning their first NFL Game of the season went from amazing to a sure lock lol.

#1 #17 with a bullet, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Parcells makes a move I can't understand. This Carpenter kid that good? Feely will find another job, he hit 91% last year - thats amazing.

If the Jets somehow are only up by 2 points, this Carpenter kid will keep it that way. But I have a feeling that defense will allow Brett to give the Jets a 3 possession margin.

3. #17 with a bullet

I wonder how serious his groin injury is? Considering Nugent was around 80% last year it maybe nice if the Jets got him.

4. Jetskilla66

Jetskilla66 New Member

This is a smart move by Parcells actually. Feely is a great kicker but he cant hit the long stuff. This Kid Carpenter, whom I remember from when he was in college, has a great leg and is going to be good. And also, no game is a sure lock to win in this league.

5. #17 with a bullet

True. But the Fins chances must have significantly dropped.

6. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I'm probably in the minority among Dolphin fans on this decision, but it was the right thing to do. Throw the money and youth aside for a second.

All this guy did last year was run his damn mouth. A kicker running his mouth. Okay. Maybe Cam Cameron wanted this guy talking all over the place, but Parcells who doesn't like kickers to begin with, certainly doesn't.

Let's not forget that when Ireland, Sparano, and Bill were trying to bring Ricky back to the team, guess who was saying the locker room didn't want Ricky back? I pretty much knew then and there that Parcells was going to axe this guy, and rightly so. Christ, this guy would post his 2 cents on blogs last year.

Seems Parcells is cleansing all the remaining infrastracture from the previous regime.

4 Captains gone
    Zach: gracefully axed.
    JT: axed.
    Trent Green: axed
    Feely: axed

coming up: Joey Porter

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

if Porter goes, who is going to run your defense? Seriously, I don't know who is going to lead that team.

I only know of Channing Crowder.

8. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I guess we'll see. I'm sure Porter has gotten the message by now who really is running the show, and antics like the one he pulled on spineless Cam Cameron are probably not going to fly.

He did play well for hardass Cowher tho.

9. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Yep, without Feely, we might actually lose this game. Who woulda' thunk it??....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

10. Parcells did the same thing in New England and here...Both times he started a rookie kicker..one being Adam Vinateri and the other being Hall. I dont recall the name of the kick released in New england but he released Nick lowery here.