Now that we have Favre, what will satisfy you?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Aug 9, 2008.

?

Now that the Jets have Favre, what will satisfy you?

1. Winning season

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Playoff appearance

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. First-round playoff win

17 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. AFC Championship appearance

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  5. Super Bowl apperance

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  6. Nothing less than a SB victory

18 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. Phear

Phear New Member

looking at the jets schedule they should be able to make the playoffs, but a winning season i will be happy with, although i think we need a playoff appearance if we expect to see favre return next season.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I would be thrilled w/ that, there is nothing more I want to see than GB take our 1st rd pick this year but we know the unbreakbale Favre will get hurt in week 3 and the injury probe Chad will now be healthy the rest of his career leading Miami deep into the playoffs. It's life as a jet fan:mad:

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How about "No retirement announcement before the season begins"?

4. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Quite frankly, I am already satisified. We purged the biggest problem this team had in getting to the next level in Chad Pennington. Now with three Qbs of similar skill sets all of whom can really exploit the mid-range to deep threats that the Cleveland offense is designed for, we can really become a much better offensive team. Even if only for 1 year the changes in the playbook, and the influence that Brett will have on developing Brett and Kellen will be criticial to our long term success.

5. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Anything short of 10-6 will be a disspointment. The Jets have spent a lot of money on-free agents (who should still have some good years ahead of them) to fill a lot of holes that this team last year. Also, as many have mentioned we're an every-other year team (for whatever reason). A lot will depend on how fast the coaching staff can get these new players really integrated. With all of the railing that has gone on in here (prior to the Favre trade) I don't know how people can be satisfied with an 8-8 season.

6. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

There is no developing Kellen Clemens- I don't know what positives you've seen in Kellen "I swear I'm not Patrick Ramsey" Clemens. While Chad was here, I thought people were spinning everything he did as positive for the hell of it. I'm shocked people still believe he has some skills.

The Jets will draft a QB on day 1 in the next two years. As far as Pennington being the biggest problem, please. Clearly, Clemens was the reason the Jets beat the Steelers and Redskins. He was ON FIRE in those games.

The anti-Chad stuff coming from you is getting old as hell. It's sad that the poster after you, who is far more level-headed and is actually enjoyable to read, shares the same name as you.

#26 Gubernaculum, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

On third and 8 a pass play where the ball is thrown past the first down marker.