Last night's impressions?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjetsrule, Aug 8, 2008.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

What can we take away from last nights game? I missed it myself, so I am trying to catch myself up on the good things. I will see it on the NFLN rerun later this weekend, but for now I would like to hear from those who saw the game, and get their impressions, especially on the guys other than Ratliff, and Clowney (those two have their own threads, so I am aware of what they did last night and am impressed. but how did our rooks do? Especially Lowery and Keller? anyone impress that we didnt expect?

2. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

I want to know how our starting O-line held up against that beast Cleveland D-line.

3. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

our OL looked very solid to me. Very solid indeed. That is what I was watching the most. Even the backup OL looked pretty solid. Dwight Lowrey had a pick and a put return td.

4. section134

section134 Active Member

Our new D gets an F

first play was a run up the middle for 12 yards----browns on their first possession went 65 yards to score a TD

brady Quinn moved them very well----only a lucky INT off of a deflected pass stopped them from scoring again

Quinn moved them later to score a TD ----all this in the first half with many of our starters in the game

our other Brett was magnificient -on his first play a deep pass to clowney for a 70 yard TD

they teamed up for same play later in the game

his passes were sharp and crisp hitting many different receivers

5. matsui

matsui New Member

good to see the team do well in special teams and in the passing game

6. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

WR Laveranues Coles (leg), LB David Harris (leg) and DE Shaun Ellis (hand) didn't play. . . . Tight end Jacob Bender was called for two penalties, including one on a PAT. *

I saw this in an article this morning. Was Bender moved to TE??

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I was just about to ask that same question. I could've sworn I saw him playing RT last night.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The new D, looked like the old D, to me! Same problem stoping the run. I was flippin' out watching them!
    Revis was caught a few times playing the reciever, instead of the ball. Get your head around and look at the fuckin' ball!!!
    Miller still looks like the same "bonehead", to me.

I was really impressed with Stuckey, and Clowney!
    Stuckey showed great hands,and Clowney looked like the deep threat we've been lacking!
    It also didn't hurt his case that he made a great tackle on ST, after catching his first TD!

Ratliff looked pretty good, also. I can see this kid catching on, somewhere. I can't see us keeping him, except on the practice squad, where somebody will probably grab him.

9. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We had two long pass plays. THE STENCH OF DINK AND DUNK IS GONE!!!!!

10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Its preseason, calm down! nothing here even matters. Our season or even our statistics have never been indicated by how we perform in the preseason.

11. favrefan

favrefan New Member

How has David Ball been playing? Do you guys think he will make the team?

12. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

We haven't seen Jets football in many, many months. Nice offseason moves, a fresh start, etc.

Let the fella get a little excited. And he's right- with Penningdunk off the squad, our passing game certainly has alot more life to it.

13. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

I thought Bowens looked real good. I am pretty worried about Justin Miller(who looked like a disaster in coverage). The defense does look horrible, and I never thought I'd say this but the offense had several bright spots with the receivers(surprised Dustin Keller wasn't in on the action more). I also wanted to see Leon get some carries.

On special teams, kickoff coverage looks like it is missing a beat without Westhoff. However, redeemed itself later with the Lowery punt return.

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Justin Miller did not impress last night....

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I thought they were very good in pass protection, and better in run blocking than last year. The run blocking still needs improvement based on what I saw but we didn't run all that much.

Clemens had all day to find an open receiver, although he looked lost.

16. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I heard the same words uttered about Chad last year. We know how that story ended. I liked the play calling because it was less conservative.

17. Ray

Ray New Member

Favre will make the offensive line look better than they really are, we had good tackles but average guards in GB.

He can read a defense, and find the open receiver, just a matter of getting the timing down, which could take a while. He has incredible pocket awareness, eyes in the back of his head. While he is not mobile, he can avoid a rush.

Do the Jets use a shotgun formation? Pack used it a lot.

If you have Ahmad Carroll ?, need to get rid of him. He was #1 pick for GB, stunk up the joint, and bad locker room guy. Can't cover anyboby, and lots of holding and interference calls.

18. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Good to hear!! I was worried about our line with Favre back there, I don't want him eating dirt and looking through his helmet's earhole the whole season.

19. steviep

steviep Active Member

I thought the first team defense was not good.
    If that was Jenkins in the middle (i think it was) he looked like a huge (and he is) -- upgrade.

20. Jets102812

Jets102812 Member

Air it out JETS wow have not seen that in a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg time