8-8 at best with Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by OhioJetsFan, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Chris726

Chris726 New Member

11-5... afc championship....:jets:

2. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

The way the AFC stacks up now, 9-7 might not even be good enough to make the playoffs. I really hope this trade pans out for us this year. GO JETS!

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

19-0 with no cameras rolling

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

You don't think that our offensive line is good now? wtf man....

5. Floridason

Floridason New Member

Jesus, it's so true, people are just bitter. This is a Great Day to be a Jet Fan. Whether we go 12-4, 8-8 or 6-10. It's going to be exciting especially with all the pick-up in the off season.

Damn, I'm listening to the Herd, what an Asshole he's just as negative. Guys a fucking hater, I can't wait til all thes Morons swallow their loads!

6. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I am thinking 10-6 but more likelyl 9-7

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You have no clue what our OL can do. None, zero, nada. No one does yet, but we know it will better than last year by a bunch. Further, your rational or lack off is astonishing. The weaker the line the more you need the QB to have a quick release. That was exactly our problem last year. with Chad our release time was poor and out line was porous.
    Now we have a much better line and a superior QB so I see nothing but a large improvement. READ 2-3 games better than with Chad or KC at the helm

8. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

After all the negativity I had to take before the trade happened, I think I deserve to have some of my own now.

This trade will have been a failure if the Jets do not win the Super Bowl for the 2008 season (and I fully expect it to be a failure).

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the Super Bowl isn't good enough. this trade is a failure if Favre's presence in NY doesn't directly inspire a cure for cancer, create world peace and eliminate world hunger.

10. chazmccl

chazmccl New Member

This is the 2007 line? Stupid comment at best

11. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

:lol: And we traded for the NFL's "God"

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The schedule is better this year, so even if Chad were the starter all year, 6-10 would have been an improvement over last year, and quite reachable.

That being the case, anything less than 10-6 will be disappointing. I don't predict Bowl, though. I still think the right side of the OL will be mediocre, who is the third receiver, who starts opposite Revis, and do all the young guys with promise keep getting better. A few holes are left, in other words, and overall this is not a team with alot of depth at most positions.

10-6 sounds reasonable for now.

13. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

Bodog has finishing 8-8.
    6-10 yesterday morning.

I usually enjoy these types of predictions to the 12-4, 11-5, 10-6 brand.
    Not today.

14. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

im pretty sure our o line is one of the best in the nfl if that's what you're talking about, have you seen it? ill be making you munch turf in a second

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:rofl:[​IMG]

8-8? The Jets could have easily been 8-8 without Favre. He atleast bumps them up a couple wins. Look at the schedule.

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Factor in other intangibles like some teams being 14 points behind us with 10 minutes to play and our secondary just got better.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Actually over the last few years teams ran against us with more narrow leads than they would have otherwise since they knew Chad does not bring the team back from a TD or more with 20 minutes or less to play. The secondary may actually be challenged more now since Favre, like most NFL qb's can do that now and then, unlike never for the former 10 guy.

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

A slow start is very possible, considering NE and SD at games 2 and 3 and Favre coming in so late. It will be interesting to see how quickly people start bashing Favre if the Jets start out 1-2 or 0-3.

Considering how much is new with this team, and how different Favre's 2005 and 2006 were from his 2007, anyone who is predicting anything with any confidence is IMO being silly. I think anything from 7-9 to 12-4 is very possible at this point, depending on how quickly all of these players fit in, and how well they perform.

I do have trouble understanding why some people are so negative about this deal. The Jets gave up very little unless Favre and the Jets do well. IMO they were going nowhere with Pennington anyway, and I firmly believe that Mangini and Tannenbaum don't do this deal unless they are convinced that Clemens is also not the answer. Given all of that, this season is now infinitely more interesting than it would have been, no matter what happens.

19. franchisedotcom

franchisedotcom New Member

Finally, someone who has some sense of reality.

20. Durgle

Durgle New Member

nice avatar, Al Toon is the man.