Pennington will be reportedly cut

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Aug 7, 2008.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What the hell are you talking about? Where did you see 'I HOPE Chad comes back to beat the Jets' in that post? I'm a Jets fan FIRST, LAST, and ALWAYS. You're barking up the wrong tree, muchacho. That really offended me. For real.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You should get yourself a box of Kleenex.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Some Jets fans are real asses. Pennington is the man and will always be to me. How anyone could insult him like some fans do really pisses me off. Favre was my favorite non-Jet and Pennington was my favorite Jet, I guess they just switched places.

4. Big Blocker

I owe Chad nothing. He was an overrated has been. His fans having more loyalty to him than the team have split the fanbase like it never has been in the history of the franchise. I can assure you, as a fan of the New York Jets, I have been quite angry about this for a number of years now.

You are pretty clueless if you don't understand why people with my point of view would be happy to see him gone.

5. boomer

boomer Active Member

Get yourself some class. In all seriousness.

6. Jets102812

Jets102812 Member

Chads going to be a chief by Sat mark my words

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Why should he get "some class?"

He's a Jets fan and entitled to his opinion. Why should he not welcome the departure of a washed up has been and in the same breath, whistle Dixie as Favre runs into town?

Chad's a shell of his former self and was hurting this team more than helping it in recent years. I for one, welcome his departure.

Sure, he did some good things while here over the course of a few seasons. Remember however, that this is the NFL and prior accomplishments don't hold up all that well when your team is going nowhere fast with you at the helm.

Bravo Blocker, Bravo....

8. boomer

boomer Active Member

I never said there was any reason why you shouldn't be excited about his departure, there's nothing wrong with it. What I do have a problem is the distasteful hatred spewed at him for no apparent reason. He's done nothing to deserve it. He's literally the closest thing you'll find to being the complete opposite of a jerk and although he didn't turn out to be the answer to franchise quarterback, still provided this team with one of it's most successful eras in it's history. I agree with the Jets getting rid of him, it's time to move on. But forgive me for being a little bothered seeing him getting treated like garbage for no good reason.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You're not winning any awards by broadly categorizing. Do really mean to say that 'his fans' have 'more loyalty' to him as an individual than our collective desire to see our team succeed? That's a flat out mindless 'argument'. And an infantilizing one.

We all know Pennington's faults, we all know - and have known - that what we hoped to get from him was never coming. Does that mean I can't feel badly he didn't succeed here? I said it was a business decision. How does that translate into meaning I want the Jets to fail? You're being ridiculous now, and you're also insulting the entire fanbase all by yourself. Good job.

10. Big Blocker

Look, it's in the past now, anyway, but up until today, when the issue has been made moot, I have defined Chad Fans as fans of his who would prefer to have him be the starting Qb for this team.

Imo, and that's fwiw, and if you disagree, you're entitled to your opinion, too, but imo those who wanted him to remain as the starter were living in a fantasy land. Forget his past - last year he sucked. He ruined the season. He's had two major operations on his arm, an injured wrist, and he throws like a twelve year old girl. He's not starting qb material.

In short, his continued presence on the team this year would have been disastrous. Yet that is the wish many had in the fanbase.

Well, imo people who felt that way were doing some combo of three things: ignoring the obvious, not knowing shit about football, or caring more about Chad than the team.

In any event, I can assure you I will not continue to gloat much longer about Chad leaving since it is precisely my wish that in his leaving we as a fanbase and the team we root for can finally move on.

But today, I am celebrating. I seriously think we all should be, whatever concerns we have about Favre going forward. There will be some arguments today, but you will soon see the fans being more united than they have since Chad led the team to three points against the Steelers.

11. Big Blocker

Boomer,

I can't believe you honestly think those happy to see Penny gone have in our own minds no reasons for being so. You may disagree, but you really think it's for no reason at all? I would have to assume you have not been listening to complaints about Chad for the last few years. There have been plenty.

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Something tells me that this will not be in the cards.

13. boomer

boomer Active Member

Once again Blocker, I have no problem with people being happy to see him go. His arm is shot and he doesn't offer this team with much of a future. I myself have gave those same complaints. So I don't disagree, because I'm also happy to have Favre over Pennington. What I can't stand is seeing everyone shit on him after all he gave to this team. I just think it's highly unnecessary and he deserves better. That's all.

14. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

After Pennington was benched in favor of Clemens, I knew that there was no way that Pennington could continue on this team. I honestly hope that he goes to another team and is successful, but it is time for this team to move on.

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

We all get it. You hate Chad Pennington. You've painted the broad side of the barn pretty damn well. Going around and bashing Chad fans as a whole, making ludicrous statements about how we love him more than the team makes you look like an ass. There is nothing wrong with people giving him some praise and respect. If you don't like it, maybe you should take your own advice and move on. Three weeks into the season you might have one or two odd-ball fans lamenting about Chad. That won't mean you know jack-shit.

16. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I like how Chad is a shell of his former self, but Brett is just a fresh face looking to make a name for himself.

I think the team is better with Farve, but he isn't a huge plus for this team, its all about the PSL's.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The only really good thing about the Favre acquisition is that it ends definitively the QB controversy for 2008 because nobody in their right mind can actually believe that either Chad or Clemens is a better option purely for this year.

If I was the Jets I cut Chad and I trade Clemens for a mid to late pick next season and I accept the fact that Ainge is going to be on the field if Favre suffers the first major injury of his career. And I draft a QB in the first couple of rounds next year unless Ainge looks really good in practice between now and then.

18. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

QFT!.......

19. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

his talent kept up, his arm gave out.

20. Chris726

Chris726 New Member

he will leave after beign a great jet, not the best qb but a great jet... and hopefully go to minny and make them a great team...