Favres a jet!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mean Green, Aug 6, 2008.

1. JetsLookingforDWare

Brunell...Hasselbeck...Clemens?

Yet another reason to love this trade.

2. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

I just don't know why so many people around here put forth this idea that the Favre trade means we're giving up on Clemens. It would not be the end of his career if he sat on the bench for two more years...cheaply, might I add...and when Favre leaves, then KC takes over. It's a very reasonable idea.

3. SUorangefootball

SUorangefootball New Member

HERE ARE THE NAMES OF THE "FANS" WHO, WHEN PRESENTED THE QUESTION, "DO YOU WANT BRETT FAVRE?" They said "NO" , Gentleman, you should strongly reconsider your stance.

17a_tailgater, 20&out, Angry Teste, BakerMaker, bigalxc, Bigoljetairliner28, boogerstyles, boozer, brothermoose, CaneJet, Cellar-door, CKNY6, davecrazy, DeathByJets, Dunlaing, erlovepuck, F Miami, FatStupidLoser, flajetfan, gafher, Gloom N Doom, Gotham Green, Green Lantern, greenghost, GreenHornet, GWjet, HarmCityJet, Hemi, hwismer, iceman, Iowajetsfan, jetbugga, Jetdic, jets&rushfan, JetsBuckeye, JetsFan84, jetsman1, jetzfan, jgjet, jixxjr, Joe Willie White Shoes, Johnny Rico, johnnysd, JW69, KSJets, LAJet, Learn_To_Swim, Long Time Jet Fan, MarionBarber31, MeanGreens08, Mexican Buc, MGood41, nevbeats319, NJ JET FAN 13, notajduhe, nyjets624, nyjunc, nyscene911, OhioJetsFan, onewithdog, pcmodem, phubbadaman, rhodesfan16, rillo, Roanoke, Royal Tee, rufusrjones, S.Kolber set Joe up!, ScotlandJet, Section 227, Row 5, silent scream, Skicats, skoobz2001, soh_vet, southwestjet, Spectre, superbowl 69, Tennessee Jet, TexasJet, The Screed, The Waterboy, TheBlairThomasFumble, Toon is God, ukjetsfan, ViLMaNiaC51, vinsjets, wayne, Zach

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'll tell you guys the real reason he's so against this. He just doesn't like Favre as a person.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=885450&postcount=46

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

#425 Scikotic, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  6. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Oh. Well I can understand that. Should've just made that the centerpiece of the argument instead of trying to convince me that Favre's washed up.

"Man, I don't know how I can root for this Douchebag."

As a Knick fan, I can fully understand that point of view.

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

WOW....Its 2am in the morning and I'm jumping up and down in my second floor apartment. I just hope my downstair neighbours don't call the donuts on me.

Brett Favre jersey it is boy....

See the sad part about this trade is, we will lose Chad. I liked Chad as he was very honest to the organization and was not a "Once I land that big paycheck, Im done with hardwork" kinda guy. I wish him well, well in advance. I just hope we are able to get like a 4th for him and trade him away. We cover most of the cost of Favre that way.

Lets Go Jets.....!!!!!

8. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but Favre's diva-like behavior the last few weeks, and his initial reluctance to come to the Jets, has me lukewarm about this. At first I thought it was a great idea, as things dragged on it was a terrible idea, now? Who knows?

The best thing is that, up until now, no one (especially me) gave the Jets a chance to win the AFC East. Now, people will look at them as a playoff team. Another great thing is that we Jets fans will get a look at our team with a great QB. We won't have to sit, cursing and staring at the TV set, wondering what this offensive play or that would have been like if a decent QB had been behind center.

This will be a very interesting season. My hats off to both Tannenbaum and Mangini, and owner Woody Johnson, for pulling this off.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

He's not Schmuck nor is he a douchebag. If he was one, he would'nt have stayed with the Packers for 16 seasons. He's a guy that loves football regardless of what jersey he'll be wearing. Those are the kind of guys that have the right attitude. Not the ones that play purely for money.Of course Favre would be making a lot of money playing football, thats just what he deserves.

10. shockwave

shockwave New Member

Congratulations on Favre from Chargerville. I've always wished I could have him, but at least I get to see you guys in week 3!

I hope Favre has a great year. Not great enough to beat us, but a great year none-the-less! :)

Enjoy the Legend. It's a big change and it may not be an easy transition. In my mind, he is the greatest football player ever.

#430 shockwave, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  11. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I am speechless...love him or hate him, this will prove to be a very interesting season. Let's go Jets!

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I'm utterly shocked . . .

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Finally... God....Gives us a break. Simply... Thanks.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Montana took the Chiefs to the AFC Tittle game in his 1st year. Perhaps he can do it if he's healthy.

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Just go with it! If you can't get excited about this, what are you going to get excited about? Sure it might all go tits up, but we're miserable most of the time anyway, it won't be tough to go back to being miserable, let's be thrilled for a while!

16. UKJetFan

UKJetFan New Member

MY GOD!!!! My favourite NFL player is going to be a Jet!!! He's got great targets as well, a decent OL. Finally a Jet team going vertical.

17. Pavlus53

Pavlus53 Member

Here's the front and back of the Daily News and Post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

Proof the Jets read these posts and listened to my input. Well done. They did flub where I said KC should go, but I forgive easily. I will miss Chad. Stand-up dude. As someone else here said, the Jets go verticle. (Plus my madden game just stepped up.)

19. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

not only will our team be good this year but the JETS will finally be somewhat good in madden :beer:

20. Durgle

Durgle New Member

YESSSSSSSSS. It sucks that it's going to be so difficult to pick up his Jersey. I bet it's gonna be sold out EVERYWHERE for a while.