Favres a jet!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mean Green, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Tee_

Tee_ New Member

Congrats Jets fans. I am now a FORMER Packer fan and you got a great HOF QB who can still play. Do not listen to the people who are against this trade. Numerous Packer fans are angry over this and are defecting to the Jets.

I'll spend my cash on Jets merchandise to support their team and refuse to financially back the Packers. After buying sod, buying a share of stock to help renovate Lambeau and shovel snow in Lambeau for free I have had enough.

Packers were a CLASSY team but not anymore with Thompson and his stooges running the show. I'd rather back the Jets.

Oh and don't worry about me being a fan till Brett retires. I stopped being an Edmonton fan after they traded Gretzky away for 20 years and counting now.

Go Jets!

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

^^^ 29 of those picks came in 2005 when the team was AWFUL. Really, 2005 was the awful season - his single awful season. The team was so bad he was trying to do too much and making a lot of ridiculously awful throws. 2006 was better than the 2006 season of Pennington that people call good.

#302 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  3. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I don't know how they will rue the day. They only gave up a 3rd / 4th rounder (if they don't make the playoffs). While I believe his recent performances (save 2007) have to overblown and Pennington is underappreciated by most on this group it
    s not like they mortgaged the future.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I agree 100%, but for thinking and not reacting like a bunch of 10 year old girls, we are called "dumb" I've had it with this board. It's ok for people to criticize draft picks and villify a class act like Pennington, but disagree with the Favre trade and you are labeled an idiot and your loyalty to the team is questioned. I have been a fan for over 40 years and have had season tickets for 29 years and I bleed green, but I don't like this move. I'm not interested in back page coverage or "relevance" but in building a team that can win the Super Bowl and I happen to think this sets the Jets back.

5. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Wow, I was critical of the Jets making this move because I thought they'd give up too much and because Favre is an ass-spelunking nardherder.

That being said, he still is a pretty damn talented ass-spelunking nardherder, and getting him for a conditional pick is goddamned masterstroke. Who cares about a draft pick when you've got a ring? If this team gels quickly, look out. And hell, even if it takes them a while to get cohesive, look out anyway. I'm a Giants fan, I would know. When it comes to playing your best ball, timing is everything.

Congrats, folks. Looking forward to an all NY matchup on that February evening in Tampa. Just watch out for Corey Webster.

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Tennenbaum on a Conference Call on NFL Network right now

7. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

You still haven't addressed one simple question. What is the risk? What is the fucking downside?

Now consider the upside.

No-fucking-brainer.

8. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Weirdo. (filler)

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum is essentially saying Pennington is gone.

10. Mr. green T

Mr. green T New Member

The two curses cancel each other out.

11. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

1. Three-quarters of the teams don't need a QB, and you're forgetting Minny and Chicago.

2. If he hadn't retired, he would be their starting QB, no questions asked.

3. Tannenbaum was more aggressive and outbid the competition. Is that some sort of problem?

4. The stats don't back this up AT ALL. Three seasons over a 90 Rating, TD's up the wazoo. Two subpar years, sure. Which two were mediocre, exactly?

5&6. Can't argue here. Well, I probably could, but not now. You get these two.

7. Man, I sure would hate two good years.

8. No, they haven't. Why can't he start in two years? He'll still be under contract, no? And they just drafted Ainge. And they have two years to find a replacement. Not an issue.

The upside FAR outweighs the down in this deal.

12. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Root for the uniform, buddy. Are that many of you quote unquote Packers fans really that devoted to this jackoff's cult of personality? Jeez.

13. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Can you give an example of an instance in which your loyalty was questioned? I'll agree that you're being dumb though; not to say you're necessarily an unintelligent person, but I can't fathom a reasonable position against this trade.

14. casvdry

casvdry New Member

Seriously, I feel bad for you guys. I know what it's like to not have a QB you can place all your stock in. We were lucky enough to find ours. Hopefully Favre pulls through for your team but like others have pointed out, you're not going to have much more time with him and that would impede any development with the rest of your QB's.

15. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Do you mean Thompson and the stooges who took a 4-12 team in disarray and, outside of one bonehead pass by a future Hall of Fame QB, might have had them in the Super Bowl? Those guys?

16. bulldogfan307

bulldogfan307 New Member

Congrats

From a Saints fan, glad yall won the bidding war on Favre and we no longer have to hear about him 24/7

17. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Ill send this post back to you in Late Decemeber when the Jets are 11-5 and in the playoffs

18. Tee_

Tee_ New Member

1.) The Packers would not have traded him to those teams. Thompson was hellbent on NY or Tampa

2.) Because Thompson made it personal and there has been a huge rift between those two for the last 3 seasons. Thompson wanted him gone at any cost

3.) Bucs wanted him but the Packers did not return their calls

4.) That 4-12 season they had injuries to everyone. 4 Rbs injured and their top Wrs hurt as well. 8-8 they won their last 4 and was very close to the playoffs if the G-men had lost in week 17.

5.) Most of those they were playing from behind. Yes he blew the NYG game in OT but they abonded the run too early, Harris played awful and poor coaching (no timeout to ice the kicker in OT?) were major factors as well.

6.) McCrappy refused to have the team practice in the cold all playoffs. he pampered the team and it came back to bite him the ass

7.) 2 good years hopefully is all the Jets need to win a Title.

8.) They can draft a QB this year and what better to have him learn under Favre?

19. casvdry

casvdry New Member

Uh I don't think so. You're going to hear about him EVEN MORE now. It won't settle down until mid-season and even then, you're going to have to hear about someone taking his spot or this or that. Each time something happens it'll be a big story because it's Favre and he's now playing for the Green and White instead of the Green and Yellow.

20. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

You're not serious are you? As for JWWS he's always been one of the best level-headed posters on this site. I'd be careful you say is being dumb.