Favres a jet!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mean Green, Aug 6, 2008.

1. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Favre make us instant contenders from jump, we had no chance at all with noddlearm to even win 5 games. Of course early on in the season our defense will carry us like always but midway watch the f!@! out. We Brett finds target he really likes to utilize you will sit back and wonder and be amazed that these very same WRs and TEs we had before are doing pro-bowl stuff. Where did these guys come from, wow they finally arrived. You will have no choice but to look at Favre as to the reason why. Welcome BRETT FAVRE!!!!!

2. casvdry

casvdry New Member

The excitement will be that much greater when you're destroying your TV in frustration after another immaculate INT.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

mortensen is back on he says that favre has signed off on the trade and will report to the jets. very good news

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

get the fuck out of here troll.

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

pinch me .

6. GreenMachine

Dude, did you join a Jets board to troll as a Cowfags fan?

Go worry about if Yoko Romo is going to ruin your QB

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Please stop trolling. Go back to the Jessica Simpson message board.

8. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

I'm dumb? I hope I'm wrong but consider the following:

1. Brett Favre is so great yet 29 other teams expressed zero interest in trading for him.

2. Favre's own team didn't want him back.

3. The Buccaneers, the only other team expressing any interest whatsoever in Favre, weren't willing to offer the same as the Jets.

4. For the past five seasons Favre had one very good one, two mediocre, and two terrible.

5. In his last six playoff appearances Favre is 2-4 throwing for seven TDs and 12 interceptions.

6. In his last game as a Packer he looked old and cold and cost his team the game.

7. He will be 39 years old during the comming season. At most he gives the Jets two good years.

8. The Jets have essentially given up on Clemens, which means once Favre is gone they have nothing.

So I may be dumb, but somehow I think the Jets are going to rue the day they made this trade.

9. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Right. I assumed he meant '05 and '06, which were the two subpar years the anti-Favre crew have latched on to.

10. GreenMachine

Her name is Yoko Romo

11. casvdry

casvdry New Member

Haha I was going to keep posting until I was acknowledged :jets:

No, seriously though. I hope Favre will do a better job with the Jets than he did with the Pack.

12. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Figures. Schefter said Favre signed off on the deal before Mort said he wasn't sure... Mort was just pissed he didn't break the story.

13. casvdry

casvdry New Member

Can't say too much to the Carlin fan :)

14. GreenMachine

How can you do better then winning a SB?

15. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Jesus, 12 years without a playoff win, get the fuck outta here loser. To summarize, that's a bobbled hold on a chip shot field goal, and a interception, anyone care to guess which QB has had these two things happen to him on his team's final possession in consecutive playoff appearances? Breaking TV's out of frustration must go hand in hand with being a Romo fan.

16. casvdry

casvdry New Member

My bad, I meant in 07.

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

haha, that would be awesome.

18. casvdry

casvdry New Member

Chill out Green. It's more about my frustration with Brett as a player than the Jets. I am sure you were as tired of the story as I was.

By the way. (I figured you Jets would know this since you were a team in the running ;)) But I believe a clause in the trade says that the receiving team cannot trade him back into the division.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I was extremely happy with the offseason. I love the Jenkins trade and the Faneca, Pace, and Woody signings. Richardson and Callahan will help the running game immensly. I was happy with the draft. All of those players and most other Jets are in or a few years from their prime. The Jets are not a win now team in a division with a team that went 16-0.

I just don't like this move. I think Favre is too old. I fear that last year was the aberration and 2005 and 2006 were more the real current Favre. Yes he has thrown a lot of TD passes. But add his last three years together and he has 66 TDs and 62 picks. In today's NFL, that is not a good ratio.

I am usually very positive. I just don't like this move. I have the right to an opinion without being called out as "dumb." This is not a slam dunk.

I agree with Glauber from Newday , who just wrote in his blog:

"And don't forget about the adjustments Favre would have to make under coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to make plays and move the chains and add that element of excitement that Jets fans have been missing for so many of the post-Namath years. But there is an adjustment period that might take Favre longer than he'd like. With Gruden's West Coast offense and the coach's familiarity with Favre, the transition would be far less taxing.

Favre was brilliant for Green Bay last season, throwing for 4,155 yards, 28 touchdowns and only 15 interceptions. But the previous two years, he had a combined 38 TDs and 47 interceptions and looked as if he was near the end. So it's no lock he could come to New York and come close to duplicating his run to the NFC Championship Game last season.

A drastically different city. A new coaching staff. A different conference. Not to .mention media pressure he didn't face in Green Bay.

And for those who think Favre offers the Jets the best chance of getting past the Patriots in the AFC East, consider this: When he lines up against a Patriots defense that knows every nuance of the Jets' scheme, you can just imagine the New England defensive backs sitting on routes, reading Favre's eyes and swooping in for interceptions. Not that the Patriots aren't capable of doing the same thing to Pennington. But he has a far greater working knowledge of the Jets' system than Favre would develop in the limited time he'd have to get ready for the season.

Getting a 38-year-old Favre is no guarantee the Jets will suddenly turn into contenders. All things considered, the risk outweighs the reward."

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

1st play of this season...favre bomb to Coles :beer: