Favres a jet!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mean Green, Aug 6, 2008.

1. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Were they afraid of Chad or Kellen? I fail to see your point, did you even have one?

2. 624

624 Banned

"Chad is beloved in that locker room, and so will Brett Favre, IF HE GOES THERE."

shutup chris

3. Graytness

Graytness Member

How could this be a mistake? Out of curiosity? It's not like we mortgaged everything to get him? If he doesn't play well, we traded for a guy not to play well instead of using guys already on our roster not to play well.

4. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

To allay everyone's fears, it's pretty clear that Chris Mortensen is full of shit. Favre will be here, and I have little doubt that once he is on the field, he will be fully committed to his team.

5. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

They probably are looking to make his contract more cap-friendly. Extennd the deal, convert some to bonus money, etc...

6. Capt. Ace Nick

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

7. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

This.

(10 character limit is stupid)

8. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

419 People in this thread. ALL LOVIN THE JETS. Favre baby.

Yeah SC, it's all about us now. Finally some love.

9. FrankieJetFavreFan

i hope favre plays at least 2 years

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

hopefully the madden curse doesn't strike favre this year!!

11. Graytness

Graytness Member

Wow, they already have Favre jerseys in the jetsshop...ha ha. That's insane.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'm hedging on the side of caution in all of this. Although I do believe that Brett Favre easily has 1-2 years of great football left in him you have to wonder about his desire the way he's waffled on and in retirement. But seriously, you have to know the Pats are going to be more concerned about Favre than Pennington or Clemens behind center. I love Penny, but Favre, while a gunslinger is still a better QB than Pennington.

My concern mostly lies in the cost to get Favre and from the sounds of it, it seems rather fair from what we are hearing. Still need more details, but I'm not going to be too horribly upset about this now.

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Schefter is on now on NFL network.

Favre will be in NY tomorrow, will be picked up by the Jets, and take a helicopter ride over NYC, he will then fly into Cleveland.

Jets are under $2 million dollar cap, which puts the Jets in a $10 milli hole, so Chad is looking like the loose end.

Brett still hasn't signed off on the deal. The expectation from the JEts and Packers are that Favre will sign, but Favre will have to decide himself. Favre's agent says he still hasn't signed, but since he's getting picked up and show him NYC, then it's almost a sure thing.

Schefter says, if he plays in 50% of the games, the Packer's gets a 3rd rd pick, if Favre plays 70% of the plays and gets the Jets to the playoffs, and they get a 2nd rd pick , and if the Jets move on to the Super Bowl and plays 80%, they get a 1st round pick.

I'm typing this as Schefter speaks, so some of it might be a slight bit off.

14. TrippsterPackFan

TrippsterPackFan New Member

No need to worry. He is a great teammate and will help the younger qb's. He helped Rodger's a lot. He said at one point that it was not his job to mentor Rodgers, that is what the coaches were for. However, he did help and work with Rodgers all the time.

HE is a true leader in the huddle and will make you guys a better team.

The packers did not want him becasue TT wanted his own guy and they were tired of Favre being honest about his feelings regarding retirement. They forced him to make a decision earlier this year and he was still burned out from the season.

Dont worry. He shows up, it will be 100%. Put a decent team around him and he will be awesome. make sure you have recievers that run good routes. that is all he needs.

and as far as the bad seasons, he had one losing season in 16 seasons at GB. I believe that is an upgrade compared to your last 16 seasons, right?

Thanks Brett for all you did.....

15. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico New Member

so has TX said anything in the thread yet? i dont wanna search but id really like to know whats on his mind.

16. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

Anything less would be a waste

#216 Gloom N Doom, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  17. Crowder52

Crowder52 New Member

Crap, the division just got a whole lot more competitive. Congrats on aquiring Farve, it may have just put the Jets over the hump...

18. erlovepuck

erlovepuck New Member

Anyone hear him say on NFL Network that Jets players are texting him asking whether it is official? That is freakin' hilarious, they are probably just like us right now.

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Hah. Wrong site.

20. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Haha yeah. I opened and it saw like 700 people viewing so thought "Holy shit we traded for Favre". I did not expect that when I went to sleep last night.