The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

ESPN Update
    Aug,6 2008
    8:28

The Favre flight tracker is showing that Favre and his agent are taking a dump on the Jets.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The Wut? tracker at TGG.com show me taking a dump all over this post.

3. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Well the Wut? has clean Toilet paper. (The Jets don't)

Its clear at this point that the Bucs have called the bluff and knows Favre does not want to leave the NFC and are playing hardball. What is there for Greenbay to "consider". Take the better offer and be done with it.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I don't see why Tampa Bay wouldn't want Favre on the team. It's just a matter of replacing one old QB with another one. Except that the other QB is a potential HOFer.

5. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

leafs, sox and jets... my oh my

6. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

how is tampa's oline? do they need an elusive qb like garcia, or will a pocket passer have enough time? (i know favre is plenty elusive, but i mean legit scrambling ability)

7. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

My other theory is that the refs are reviewing the trade talks... It could be causing the holdup.

8. ihatethedolphins3

was your father an orc and your mom a wookie?

9. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

no idiot... the other way around?

10. ihatethedolphins3

ooo lol my bad my bad

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Uh..Favre is not a part of this. Why do you think he is? If he refuses to report then he has to pay back a portion of any bonuses involved in his current contract...Tampa Baay can tell you a lot about that.

12. MizzouJet

MizzouJet Well-Known Member

We ought to give a time ultimatum.....noon tomorrow.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The idea of possibly giving up a first or second round pick for a 39 year old QB is making me want to throw up. If the Jets needed a QB so badly, they should have drafted one early. After Favre sucks it up this year with 25 +picks and then retires, how will it feel to have no QB and no first round draft pick to get one?????? This is a move dictated by Woody Johnson to create a buzz around the Jets to sell PSLs. That's my take. This a bad football move. I hope and pray Tampa thinks Favre is their savior and ups their offer. This trade will set the Jets back years if a high draft pick is also involved. Besides Joe Montana (who was three years younger when traded and was backed up by Steve Young), can anyone think of an old HOFer who was traded at the end (the very end) of his career and was successful. I keep thinking of Unitas as a Charger, Namath as a Ram, Harris as a Seahawk, Simpson as a 49er, etc. The Jets are about to be taken. Is Tannenbaum this dumb and/or this desperate???

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No kidding and the guy they should have moved up to get was Flacco not some stupid shit pseudo tight end.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

There's a new video on the front page of NFL.com titled "Broadway Brett" - I'm still watching it.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The first round pick is rumored to be based on performance - likely tied to a lombardi trophy or some very lofty stats. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

All those guys you're talking about weren't coming off one of the best seasons of their career. They were all coming off of a few poor seasons in relation to the rest of their career and were clearly at the end - probably should have been retired already.

I'm not saying Favre is going to play for another X years, but he's still playing at a very high level unlike the players you mentioned.

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

We're really not gonna know what's going on till it's final, all the reports have been sketchy thus far. One report says the jets offered a 4th rounder, another says a 3rd that could become a 1st, no one really knows.

18. Beamen

Beamen New Member

^ "He would not be living in New York- the Jets are moving their facilities to New Jersey September 1st. He'd be living in New Jersey, on some piece of farm land...."

That cracked me up...

19. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Brett Michaels will be filming Rock Of Love in NY?

20. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Hey too lazy to search through 95 + pages of posts, so in case this was already mentioned then disregard and don't flame me (I've made enough stupid posts in the past to feed the California wildfires). Any way, I listen to a radio show down here on WDAE the sports animal hosted by Steve "The Big Dog" Deumig. He has been in the area for awhile and has a lot of buccaneer ties and contacts with players and their agents, pretty reliable source..... well today he went into a great deal of frustration about #4 stating that he had spoken to Jeff Garcia's agent, and quoted him as saying " Jeff is a dead man walking right now, it's despicable the way he is being treated" Apparently the feeling down here is that Garcia gave quite a bit of himself to the team in terms of leadership, learning Tampa's so called "complicated" motion based offense, and that "when" the deal is done, there will be NO QB competition, 4 will be handed the job.... in addition, thousands of extra tickets went into print today for the next Bucs scrimmage/exhibition supposedly in anticipation of #4's joining the team...... for whatever it's worth.......
    They can have the drama as far as I am concerned........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.