The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Mortensen needs to stick to football facts. Saying that fishing in NY/NJ is even in the same realm as Tampa Bay (or anywhere in FL) is like saying Pennington would beat Favre in a long distance throwing contest. :smile:

2. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

it must be something like simms and up to a 2nd / penny and up to a 2nd... i'd have a hard time deciding one of these or throwing up

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I give the Jets a B at the running back position. I give the Bucs a C. I would take Jones-Washington-Chatman-Smith-Richardson over Graham-Dunn-Williams-Bennett-Askew.

4. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

Enough with the "Pennington screwing us again" shit talk.
    How has he screwed the Jets once? B/C his arm strength, or lack thereof?
    Pennington has been nothing short of the consummate professional his entire career with the Jets.
    If we do get Brett Favre and lose Pennington, we're losing one of the classiest Jets who ever wore a green and white uniform and replacing him with, apparently, one of the most selfish players who ever played the game.

It's all about talent. And I'd take Favre, selfish and crazy, over classy and professional any day of the week.

5. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

so is this even up to where favre wants to play anymore or are we just waiting the word from thompson

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Someone wake me when he's traded :sad:

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If Favre decides on Tampa because they have better fuckin fishing than NY/NJ, I really hope he goes there, because that would be the dumbest goddamn thing I have ever heard.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Any one else wishing??

I'm crossing my fingers for Favre.....

.......to go to Tampa.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

according to Schefter...it sounds like the Packers are perusing the deals set forth by the 2 teams...and have been holed up in meetings discussing their options.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'd imagine Favre has no say on it. My guess is that it's up to the Packers at this point

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why would they want either Penninton or Simms? That's crazy. They already have all the QBs then need or want. That's why they didn't want Favre back.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Green Bay has zero QB's on their roster with any NFL starting experience....if Rodgers shits the bed....they're fucked.

13. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

yea amen to that, he has 10000000000000$ build a lake and stock it with mississippi trout or whatever the fuck he catches, and to quite frank, when the is ganna hve to time to fish? his ass better be in the film room trying to improve then out living a real life wrangler jeans commercial, what the fuck!

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think I have hit the F5 key about 10 thousand times today.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, I know and they still didn't want him. They aren't looking for a QB.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Please, no Chris Simms.

The problem with Chad Pennington is not simply that he has a poor arm by NFL standards. The problem is that he has a poor arm and plays half his games in a windy stadium in the northeast. This same problem is going to be there with Chris Simms.

Simms' arm strength is not significantly better than Pennington's arm strength. In addition to that, Simms is coming off a major injury and by playing in NJ he would have to deal with comparisons to his father.
    Chris Simms and the Jets has disaster written all over it.

17. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

now that's the funniest thing ive heard

18. njjet

njjet Member

Favre is not a good fit with the Jets.

He's 38 years old. He needs more help at WR then the Jets can offer. Don't get me wrong I like our WRs but we don't have a game breaker. A guy with sub 4.5 speed who can catch the ball.

Let's go back three years. Favre had mediocre years in 05 and 06. In 07 he had a pro bowl season. Was the 07 season an anomaly. Will he revert back the his performance of 05/06. At 38/39 he just has to be more susceptible to injuries. In fact, I would be surprise if he made it through the season. I'm not willing to take a chance on a guy of his age coming into a new system. Additionally, he's going to ask for a Kings ransom and were going to have to give GB a couple of draft choices.

I hope he goes to Tampa. In that event Simms would be released. I would pick him up as insurance.

Sorry, I just don't see Favre bring us to the play-offs!

19. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

first off your right, we don't have anyone who runs a 4.5, but lav coles ran a 4.17 in college, which is prob a 4.4 now, secondly even if we don't get favre i think we make it to the playoffs, but this isnt about the playoffs its about winning a championship, favre gives us a better chance to do that this year then kellen or chad, favre is a proven winner, a master of improvization (sp?) and a guy that can put his team on his back and make the game winning plays, something chad just can't do, think about this-how many times have we had the ball inside of 2:00 with a tying or go aead score in reach where we could not move the ball? favre will move the chains and he is not afraid to take a risk, andby risk i don't mean a 12 yrd floater out pass that turns into a pick 6

20. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

In 05 and 06 Green Bay had no o-line to speak of and no running game with a gimpy Ahman Green and a bunch of nobodies like Samkon Gado.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.