The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Jets wouldn't make the trade without Favre agreeing to report and play for them

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's possible to have a rational conversation with you if you're going to throw crap like this out there. Where did I say that I believe everything Mort and ESPN reports?

I've been following this thing closely ever since the Jets were mentioned and Mort has been the one reporting accurate new information before anyone else the entire time. So in regards to this situation, yes I believe Mort.

As for our FO never leaking info, that's just incorrect. There were reports of us going after every FA we signed before it happened this offseason. Last year a week before the draft someone was reporting that we would trade up for Revis.

They're not as stealth as they'd like you to believe.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Brett Favre taking some time to pick up an offense, is still better then a guy who trys to check down to the water boy or one that has proven little much besides his quick releas gets the ball to the otherteam faster.

This is an instant up grade to our weakest link if it happens.

4. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

Wow... is he gonna walk across the hudson to the meadowlands on game days too?
    He can throw killer picks just as well out of it too...

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's not so much if he can pick up the offense, it's more about does he want to be here, what kind of shape is he in and is his heart in it. That's the biggest concern.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Now we are in a bidding war? I just don't get this, so now we'll wind up giving up too much in terms of draft picks plus we'll take the big cap hit, get a guy who has been medoiocre most of the past decade and is approaching 40, a guy who now will need to learn a new system. I just don't get it.

7. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

im sure they would say to GB if he does that then we owe you nothing.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Say No To Favre in 08'

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If he does I hope he stops on the way to smite your ass.

10. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

I don't really get why some of you don't want to bring in Favre. Aren't you sick of watching an anemic Chad Pennington-led Jets team? It's been the same crap for the past 5+ years. And since Clemens seems to be even worse than Chad, I'm all for bringing in a better, more capable quarterback who actually looks like he belongs in the NFL

11. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

haha that was pure gold

12. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

ah. sorry. i must have missed how your comment with your rolled eyes symbol was a rational conversation.
    All i was indicating, as I have been following this all pretty closely too, is that when it comes to reporting on Farve, ESPN has been an embarrassment, and has thrown out any nugget they get their hands on, seemingly if it is verified or not. Maybe that's just me.
    I am not gonna argue with you, WSW, you are great poster and I read your stuff all the time. Whether we believe mortensen or not is sort of irrevelant. In my opinion, given what has been said abou this desire to play for the Jets, which seemingly has changed only because he can't go where he wants, plus the late date at which this might occur making the transition to farve more difficult, and what this means for the organization going forward at the position (yes I want to win this year, i just don't want to be held hostage by this guy in the off season again, after he throws a killer pick in the playoffs), I am not in favor of the trade. He puts a 4 jersey on, i will be there opening day, in Miami, rooting my ass off for the jets. Just the way I feel right now.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kACbVGsWN74[/YOUTUBE]

14. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

Hahahaha... awesome... nice come back...

Boy, the Farvelatio on this site is amazing...

15. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I cant take these updates all based on the tampa trib.... Why couldnt the NY post make up one of their stories too.... Its raising my blood pressure for sure.

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Heheh, what he should have said is, "I'll be back"

:breakdance:

17. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Latest from Cimini: we may know when Favre lands in Mississippi in an hour. I like what he's hearing about potential compensation...that sounds like a Jet's type trade: a pick that goes up depending on production, smells of Tangini...

"Brett Favre to the Jets? It?s too soon to say that, but this much is certain: Favre is in a Jet.

Favre?s private jet left Green Bay at 1:27 EDT, headed for Hattiesburg, Miss., his hometown. He?s scheduled to land there at 3:40 EDT. At that time, the Jets will be in the air, winging their way to Cleveland.

Presumably (hopefully), Favre will be ready to announce his decision when he lands in Mississippi. It?s the Jets vs. Bucs. We?re hearing that the draft-pick compensation could be a conditional fourth rounder that could increase to a second rounder.

18. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

sheesh that is painful to watch. perhaps his place is in NY--Off off off broadway.

19. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

A ?bidding war? is going on between the New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers to obtain the veteran quarterback, according to a source close to the situation. And that could be causing the hold-up.

Favre may fly to one of those cities instead of an airport in Mississippi, the source said.

The Jets had the higher bid when the source last talked to Favre, the source said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.