The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

You can have all the motivation in the world but unless your prepared and conditioned you run the risk of injury, and not playing at your best. Especially at Favre's age.

2. mkronenberg

mkronenberg New Member

This is what Jay Glazer reported this morning.

Basically, I think whoever gets Favre will get the Favre of 2005 and 2006. I think, similar to other great QBs who finished their careers on unfamiliar teams, this will be a disaster. Everyone was talking about Favre being too old and should retire in 2006--has anyone considered that last year was a final hurrah for Favre and were the result of him shedding his usual lazy work habits and working hard in the 2007 off season?

He hasn't really worked out, he's totally unfamiliar with the Jets playbook, and the guy is a prima donna. I'd love for the Jets to upgrade their QB situation, but I don't want Favre. Let the Bucs have him.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

exactly!

I would take a player that is motivated by the "game & pride" over "money" anyday. Favre is gonna be dangerous this year....

4. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Its well documented that Favre is in shape has been both practicing and working out diligently during the off season. It clearly seems you're talking out of an orifice other than the one that contains your teeth, tongue and uvula. What nonsense. Why don't you tell us the one about the time when Michael Jackson was your babysitter and he used to pick you up in his magical spaceship to take you back to his Neverland Ranch where together you and he would eat ice-cream, climb trees and help write some of his hit songs and record them and everything and even appear in some of his videos!!! Good work bubbles!

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you talk like Favre is sporting a spare-tire for a gut and smokes Marlboros in the offseason.

I'm pretty sure he's in good condition....granted, he needs to get to camp to work off the rust from the offseason....but that's to be expected

Favre wants to show the world that GB made a mistake...and he wants to make sure they have egg on their face in the process. He's going to be a top 5 QB this season

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

:rofl: why I don't get into video games

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Fuck...we're so close!! dammit Brett, drop the vendetta with the Packers and come to NY!

8. akibud

akibud Active Member

DAMMNN!!....... it just got awful chilly and quiet in here... (as I tip toe backwards towards the exit)... see ya in the BS bunker!!

9. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Great, let's give away the house for an aged QB who's got no desire to play for the team...

Bravo!

10. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

11. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Altoona I got my information from Jay Glazer who candidly spoke about what he knows about the situation from following up and talking with Brett, his team mates and friends during this off season. During which Brett was supposedly retired from the NFL and residing in Mississippi with his friends and family which was to be expected.

Can you list out your "well documented" sources citing the rigorous workouts and preparation Brett has undergone this past off-season to be ready to start on any team as an NFL QB for us?

You are obviously intimately familiar with human male orifices and how they can be used. I will not debate you on that as I know better than to debate an obvious orifice master on the topic of orifices.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That's pathetic that Green Bay is at the mercy of the player, and won't get as much for him as they could.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Yes that sucks for them, but it happens all the time. I just hope this soap opera gets resolved soon so wew can get back to focusing on football and not Favre drama.

15. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

maybe the jets will get him then trade him to the vikings for a 1st

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

The sooner he goes to Tampa, the sooner this ridiculous "Get Favre" thread can die. :)

17. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

NFL network is running a thing at the bottom of the tv saying Favre is going to Tampa Bay. I'll see if I can find a link.

18. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

The minority of Jets fans who don't want Favre is certainly vociferous (if wrong-headed). Well, it's good entertainment anyway.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

An article from July 3rd:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...g=ys-tampatribfavre080508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

There is one from Yahoo saying that the deal should be done today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.