The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

Get him to NY Tangini, and I will be forever grateful. Penny starting has us finishing 8-8. With Brett, we are looking at 11-5...

2. BSartist

BSartist New Member

PLEASE for the love of all that is holy...you know if Favre's family is pushing him to go to the Jets he is by no means opposed. They just need to make the better offer...if they don't then it flies in the face of all the other personell moves they made this off-season...

3. allan1

allan1 Active Member

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this is what happens when you get used to putting up with losing teams. You start to "settle" for mediochre talent.

When you look at this scenario....and you look past the circus bullshit and all the prima donna stuff.....when you get down to raw talent.....Favre is HEADS ABOVE Clemens/Pennington/Ratliff or any other pretender we've had here in the last 10 years...anybody who says otherwise is a damn fool and should get a psychiatric evaluation.

If he ends up with the BUCS...fine......I can live with that.....but i'll never be convinced that what we have for QB's presently are better options than Brett Favre.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Clemens will also set the franchise back if he is named the starter and does not significantly improve.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets are a playoff caliber team. I agree.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Mort just reported that Favre spoke with both the Bucs and the Jets this evening and that the Packers are asking more in terms of compensation from the Bucs than they are from the Jets.

again, i have no link - i just heard it on espn.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Man, the Packers are really pulling for a Jets trade.....and all Favre wants to do is play for a team that plays against the Packers this season. Favre must have a chip on his shoulder the size of Kris Jenkins.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

You bet your ass he does.

10. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Not surprising considering Tampa is in the same conference, plays GB, and might end up fighting them for a playoff spot.

Favre is ours if he wants to come here. I'm just not sure he wants to.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

but that doesn't help our chances of landing him.....I'm hoping Mangini or Tannenbaum can use some kind of Jedi Mind trick on Favre to get him to drop his "Tunnel Vision" regarding the Packers.

I believe Favre's family is even on the Jets' bandwagon.....but he just isn't having any part of that.....

12. WhiteShoeWillis

Previously he was not willing to talk to either team. The good news is that he talked to the Jets, so he didn't rule us out based on us being the Jets. He was willing to hear what tannenbaum and/or mangini had to say. Let's hope they sold him.

13. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Bucks GM allen was out all day...he is hashing out the deal.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

I don't know, his wife obviously got him to at least talk to us. Let's hope she continues the push ...

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

IMO...there are 3 things working in Tampa's favour:

1) They're hosting the Super Bowl this season
    2) They run the West Coast Offense....albeit...it's a warped version that Gruden devised up.
    3) They play the Packers

#3 is gonna be the dealbreaker for us....fuck!.....I hate logic!!

16. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Playing the Packers is not in Tampa's favor, Green Bay wants him out of the conference. They don't want to play him!

You know what else is not in Tampa's favor. A crappy offense with crappy receivers. They're a team on the decline.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Dude...I'm hoping Deanna Favre loves the shopping in NYC...and that she has some fine pussy to threaten Brett with....because if not, Brett is heading to the sunshine state.

But weirder things have happened.

The funny thing is....Favre said he wanted to play for a "cold climate" team, he was adamant about it. That's why i say because Tampa is playing the Packers this year, is the only reason why Favre is considering them over us.

18. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Let's face it ...if the Jets hired Jesus Christ as head coach and fielded the 12 Apostles (minus Judas Iscariot, of course) they'd still go 0-16 because they're the Jets.

Right?

19. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Nah, I bet we'd beat the Dolphins at least once. 1-15

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

sure it's in Tampa's favor, Allan...Favre made it known to the media that he wanted to play for the Packers or for a team that plays against the Packers.....that's why he wanted to stay in the NFC North.....since the Packers have nixed any trades within the division...the next best option in Favre's mind is the Bucs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.