The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Better arm...sure...better mind...not even close.

I can't believe the negativity some of you guys have for a really good QB in Jeff Garcia.

He kicked ass in San Francisco, kicked ass in Philly (they let him go because McWahh's ego couldn't take it IMO), kicked ass in TB until he got hurt last year...and some of you would rather have our QBs? Freaking unreal.

I regularly listen to JGs radio show down here, and let me tell you, the guy knows his football. Favre is a gunslinger. Garcia is a consummate game manager with an arm to get the job done and the head to know when to do it.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

this may be true, but lets face it. Garcia couldn't hold Favre's jock.

3. brothermoose

Fair enough, but i'd take Garcia in a heartbeat.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I didn't say Garcia was a bad quarterback. I think he's a good player...but if the Bucs trade for Favre, they're going to start him over Garcia.

5. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Shoulda kept the damn west coast offense. :wink:

6. brothermoose

I agree completely...if they make the effort to trade for him, they're gonna use him...but to say that Fruve has a better mind is just not true.

7. Durgle

Durgle New Member

I'll take a 3 way trade for Garcia.

Throw TB a 4th or 5th rounder for him.

I'd take Kyle Boller over Chad Pennington at this point. Is Tim Couch a free agent?:wink:

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Favre's a smart guy...he may come off as a redneck, but he knows what he's doing.

His gunslinger mentality is the main reason he throws a lot of picks...it's not because he can't read the coverages.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm surprised the Bucs would have the grapefruits to even talk to Favre....after Jake "The Snake" raped them a new bum hole.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

just watched Chris Mortensen's update on Favre on ESPN.com...he said that some of Favre's family is pushing him to talk to the Jets too.....at least we know if Favre ends up in Green/White..his wife wears the pants in the family :)

11. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

If teh Jets end up with Favre, they will be getting an old QB whose heart is only half in it anyway. He has participated in none of the off-season activities, and has no understanding whatsoever of the offensive system.

I'm a big Brett Favre fan myself. I watch the Packers all the time on the Sunday Ticket, provided their game doesn't interfere with teh Jets. I loved watching the guy play. But he's done. It's just time to let it go.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Tony...I agree with you....my only linchpin on this is that Favre is better than what we have right now for QB's. As sad as that may be....it's a proven fact.

If our QB situation was different...i'd tell Favre to go to hell.....but i'm sick of watching the Jets flounder at the QB position..... :)

13. allan1

allan1 Active Member

go Deanna Favre!!!

this just won't end.....

14. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

My neighbor who is a big Green Bay fan told me Farve wanted to go to the Jets............

Not a fan of the rumor.

15. BSartist

BSartist New Member

I think what Brett Favre's family wants, they get. They want him to play for the better team, not for some shitty non-contender. All this talk about him being traded to the bucs is might just be to help drive up his price for the Jets.

Welcome Favre! I am SO HAPPY AND GRATEFUL our FO worked this out! What an upgrade over Penny and Clemmy! So glad this drama finally came to an end, and with us the winners!!

-J
    -E
    -T
    -S
    JETS!
    JETS!!
    JETS!!!

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Favre has a pulled stomach muscle and McCarthy said in the press conference that he doesn't think Favre's heart and mind are in it enough. He questions whether Favre will put in the hours watching film and practicing that are needed to succeed.

Favre to the Jets will be an absolute disaster. He is not ready to play, is 110 years old, out of shape, doesn't know the offense, and will be a human interception machine.

He has shown himself over the past few weeks to be one of the biggest prima donnas and egotistical jerks in the history of the NFL. Plus he had one good year last year coming off two horrible years before that. When you put all of this together, why does anyone think he succeed as a Jet? Because he can throw hard?

I am so sick of Jet fans fawning over every QB that can rifle the ball. Just play Clemens and let's see what he can do. Favre will set this franshise back at least a year, maybe two. It is a short sighted, feel good, knee jerk move. I hope the Bucs are dying to get him so the Jets can move on and away from this jerk and his circus.

17. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

So what were the terms of the deal?

18. allan1

allan1 Active Member

This is the rarest thing in sports...usually it's the family who doesn't want to athlete to sign with the big market far away. In this case the family wants him to do it but the athlete relents!

19. BSartist

BSartist New Member

eh...he's playin' hard to get. he knows exactly what he's doing...after all, he has so much experience being traded...

20. BSartist

BSartist New Member

you know another aging QB who could throw hard that really helped the Jets out? Vinny Testaverde. And he sucked his whole career.

Favre is a legend and will go to the HOF on his first ballot...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.