The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

VickBlows thinks he plays for the other team, actually.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So you're going to hand pick his worst season as a pro to make your comparison and ignore last season where he had one of his best seasons as a pro. Why are you ignoring last season???

c'mon.

3. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

Hey, I named the comparison, stick to the rules :smile:

The point is, Jeff Garcia had two great seasons, and led the Bucs to the playoffs to lose to the eventual Super Bowl Champs...

Favre led his team there as well, same fate. But who's to say you're getting the same Favre? Keep in mind this is all under the pretense that you're giving up a draft pick as well.

Both are old QB's.

I don't see a reason for the Bucs to do this.

4. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

Just curious why you assume Tannenbaum doesn't know how great Favre is? From everything I've heard, the Jets FO has been actively pursuing a trade for Favre and it's been Favre, himself, who's been hesitant to come play for the Jets.

5. VeniVidiViridis

95 and 96 were his best years.

God damn, you people love to give Favre the benefit of the doubt. The guy is old, before last season, everyone thought he was done for. You sure have a lot of faith in him to continue what he did last year.

I would risk it as a Jets fan because hell, we have CP and KC to compare him to... but the Bucs? Why the hell risk it when you already have a proven QB who can lead you to the playoffs?

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Veni, I don't care about your comparisons from years past, I didn't mean I hope those were jokes, those were just crazy. haha. What I meant is I hope you are joking that Garcia and Favre would compete. Favre is 100,000x better than Garcia. No doubt.

7. The Dark Knight

I would take Pennington or Clemens over Garcia by the way. Especially in 2008.

8. VeniVidiViridis

I cannot wait for Favre to fall flat on his face with a new team, and have a worse year than 2006. Then all this media drama and people sucking him off was for nothing.

Its a huge waste of time. This thread has killed countless hours of productivity for humankind.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I said one of his best seasons, not his best or second best. If you want to pick and choose seasons to compare you can make a lot of QB's look better. You should either take the last 2 seasons or the 2 best seasons if you want to make a comparison.

I've explained numerous times in this thread why I believe last season was no fluke.

I agree with you the bucs should stick with Garcia, I just thought that comparison was really strange.

10. Durgle

Durgle New Member

karademon.com/favreJets.png

11. The Dark Knight

Did anyone watch the Buccanears last year? Every time I saw them Garcia was doing a bad Pennington impression or was on the bench hurt. (A good Pennington impression).

12. VeniVidiViridis

Its probably because I'm on hour 12 of work today... with 2+ more to go before I get this project out.

The last thing I needed was more Favre drama distracting me, so sick of it!

:beer:

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Due to various factors (injuries, gameplanning, and resting), he only threw 49 passes in the Buccaneers final 6 games of the regular season. He then proceeded to play poorly in the Wild Card game vs the Giants.

Favre would be an upgrade over Garcia.

I believe the Jets have a much better offensive line than the Buccaneers. I don't understand why Favre won't consider the Jets. Does the Week 4 Packers at Bucs game mean that much to him?

14. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Why go to the bucs?? Come on favre, use your head, come to NY!

15. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

huh?? i don't get it

16. rillo

rillo New Member

The gay rumors. Its always brought up when Jeff Garcia is mentioned

17. ihatethedolphins3

while normally i pretty much agree with most of your posts, i do not concur here. garcia is a hell of a football player, and when healthy he helps teams win. all you have to do is look at the eagles when mcnaab went down, some people in philly (although as we all know, are not the brightest, but they are passionate) actually wanted garcia to be there starter the next year, and at least bit have an open competition. fact of the matter is that i believe garcia is really good quaterback and i would take him over kc and cp right now if he was healthy

18. ihatethedolphins3

oooooooooo lol that went right over my head i aint ganna lie

19. The Dark Knight

You don't know if he will be healthy or not though. I said that basically because if Favre is traded to Tampa Bay as the rumors say, I am sure Garcia will be cut or traded and Jets fans will be all over that. I just don't feel he would be a big enough upgrade over Pennington or Clemens to go after him. Whereas Favre, on the other hand, would be worth it.

20. devils744

devils744 New Member

why won't this just end?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.