The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

2. rillo

rillo New Member

Get r done Bucs....please!!!

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I don't give a shit if he goes to the Bucs.

BUT...in regards to his logic...

Why the fuck would you want to go to a team that has 30 QB's on their roster, a #1 wideout whose pushing 50 (Galloway) and another wideout who was a one-year wonder 3 years ago (Clayton), and an aging defense ( minus Gaines Adams).

If he signed here...he'd start week 1..no questions asked....with a revamped o-line, solid run game, and 2 Wideouts that can stretch the field.

Maybe i sound like the ultimate homer...but i would pick the Jets over the bucs in a heartbeat at this point in time...solely based on the talent level.....

Favre really is a stupid hillbilly.

4. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

sure the bucs don't have the most weapons on offense, but it would not suprise me if they had a top 5 defense at the end of the year, a top defense that is young nonetheless

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Favre is going to start from day 1 wherever he goes.

6. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Well senior citizens come down here to Florida to die... So can someone's NFL career I suppose.

7. rillo

rillo New Member

He doesn't wanna play or be here. He's scared of NY, good, let him go to Tampa. Like abyzmul wrote, he'll start anywhere he goes. NY media will make him cry again. LOL

8. rillo

rillo New Member

:rofl2: Brilliant!

9. Durgle

Durgle New Member

I cant believe Jet fans would even think of not wanting Favre. The guy led the Packers to a 13-3 record last year, wtf r u thinking?

Chad Pennington is talentless, and shouldn't even be considered as an option. The guy has proven time and again that he cant win for us. You talk about the guy who throws the key interception... you've got your initials mixed up, CP is that guy... not KC.

Kellen Clemens is young, it seems that people forget that before criticizing him. He is not Peyton Manning... but he has performed better in the few starts he had last year than Peyton's brother had in his 2nd year... and now look at Eli, he has a ring... something the Jets haven't had since 1969. I'm not saying go with Kellen, I'm saying dump Chad, pick up Brett, and bench Kellen so he can learn from Brett... Last time I checked Brett Favre is going to be in the hall of fame, and last time I checked, Chad Pennington will be forgotten about a week after he retires.

Brett Favre can throw the long ball, is magical in the short game, and most importantly... he knows how to win, and he is good at it. Playing in the same division as the Patriots, you can't rely on a quarterback that limits your options. Brett Favre doesn't limit our offense in any way... Chad, cant throw accurately over 10 yards which limits our ability to throw the long ball, and the opposition knows that. Kellen is young, so that limits our ability to take risks, so we play it safe... the opposition knows that. Brett Favre is a f*cking weapon who can pull victory from the jaws of defeat at anytime during a game, the opposition knows that... it's just too bad Mike Tannenbaum doesnt.

10. VeniVidiViridis

I'm not so sure... Garcia had a great year for the Bucs. I could see a competition between him and Favre for the starting spot. I would take Garcia's past two seasons over what Favre did 2 and 3 seasons ago.

If it costs the Bucs anymore than a 3rd round pick I think they're pretty stupid for going for Favre.

But whatever will end this drama is good by me.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I hope you are joking. I mean really. Seriously. Thats a joke right?

12. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Also, in regards to him choosing Tampa over NY, why would he want to come to the AFC? Why not stay in a weak NFC division where 9 wins makes you a division champ. At 38 the prospect of playing the Pats twice a year and fighting for 2nd place in the division and praying for a wildcard spot probably don't sound too fun to him.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

There's a lot here that I don't agree with.

If the Bucs were to acquire Favre, it would be because he would start. Therefore, why the heck would Favre care that the Bucs have quite a few QBs on the roster?
    I'm sure they'd keep Josh Johnson.
    They'd keep either Jeff Garcia or Brian Griese as the backup.
    Luke McCown and Chris Simms would be gone.

Joey Galloway is still very good. I expect him to still play at a high level this year and especially if the Bucs acquire Favre.

Michael Clayton likely won't start and might even be 4th or 5th on the depth chart by the start of the season. Ike Hilliard will probably start. Maurice Stovall will probably make a contribution this year.

The defense is not really aging. Only Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, and Chris Hovan are on the downside of their careers. The other key players (Haye, Adams, June, Ruud, Phillips, and Jackson) are young and/or in the prime of their careers.

14. rillo

rillo New Member

Garcia wants more money, he's probably in Chucky's dog house....

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That makes no sense. Why would you go back two or three seasons ago to look at what Favre's done, and not do the same for Garcia?

Compare the two LAST season...and that's it.

Favre: 28 TDs to 15 INTs with 4155 yards

Garcia: 13 TDs to 4 INTs with 2440 yards

Favre has the better arm and the better mind. The only thing Garcia has on Favre is the fact that Garcia knows Gruden's offense already.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Grudens an asshole. Garcia has proven he can take this team to the playoffs. why waste a draft pick, or a huge chunk of your salery cap, at a position that does'nt need upgrading.
    Whatever, i personally think the Favre talk should end, for us. I don't want to add anybody to our team, that i've gotta beg to come play for us.

17. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

You know HBO is kicking themselves right now for choosing Dallas instead of Green Bay for their "Hard Knocks" series.

I'd still take him over both our options at this point. But I like how the Jets have potentially put a "deadline" of him being to camp by the 7th, as opposed to letting him shop around for the rest of the preseason.

18. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

That man needs some lithium, damn. I'm serious. I think Brett's really off his rocker. Its sad to see a man's mental problems splayed across the headlines 24/7, and he doesn't even know there's anything wrong with himself.

First, the retirement

Then he comes back from the dead

19. VeniVidiViridis

Let's look at TD/INT alone for now...

Garcia, 3rd highest current QB rating in league:

2007 Bucs: 13 TD's, 4 INT's (13 games played)

2006: Eagles: 10 TD's, 2 INT's (6 games played)

Favre (As I noted, 2 and 3 seasons ago):

2006: 18 TD's, 18 INT's

2005: 20 TD's, 29 INT's

20. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

hopefully they cut garcia and we get him (which will never happen, i know) garcia is a gamer and can play for my team any day of the week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.