The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Thats the exact same thing i thought when i read about it this morning. It is obvious that the Jets have not made a offer to the Packers, in fact nobody has made a offer. They wouldn't pay him 8 million over what he is due to make if they had any sort of offer, which in all likelyhood means that any possibility of having Fave in a Jets uniform is now extinct. So get used to seeing Chad under centre come game time with Miami.

2. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

looks like he may be traded to bears or vikes. He won't take the 20 million and the last thing they want is him showing up to camp. That leaves them no choice but to trade him in the division. OH WELL!!!!

3. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

After reading this:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=34036

We might see a push from the Bucs, depending on what happened to Garcia. I don't think this story has broken on ESPN or anything yet.

Either way, like you said... Favre isn't coming to the Jets.

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

So what was Kellen's reason for wearing HIS helmet when Chad was playing?

5. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Arr had not heard about that, if it is a long term thing then Bucs fans can start ordering there Favre Bucs jerseys now. Think its time us Jets fans moved on:beer:

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's probably no big deal. Favre has already refused to talk to the Jets or Bucs so it's not going change if Garcia is hurt.

I find that Favre has backed the Packers into a corner, where they once held the cards Favre seems to be in control now. It's either he shows up at Packers training camp or he gets traded to Vikqueens or Bears.

Although there is this little thing I heard on ESPNews this morning. Apparently Favre has an issue with his hip that when he was aquired by the Pack Ron Wolfe ordered the Drs to pass. The new GB Drs could have him fail his physical and thus screwing Favre. Judging by the way this has gone and how much venom there is between sides this could happen.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Favre WILL NOT be a Jet. He refused to even talk to the Jets. Sad.

Pennington vs. Clemens vs. Ainge vs. Ratliff I guess.

8. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I am going to need a fridge full of alcohol by my TV this season...

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The more I thought about this the happier I am Favre is not coming here. Forget about stunting the growth of Clemens, we need to hold our draft picks. Much more valuable.

10. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I can't believe they actually might deal him to the Vikings? Empowering your rival for the division title? I just don't get it.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

After they showed up on his doorstep with a suitcase full of money, I figure if the hip thing is an option, they'll use it.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Theer has to be more to it that GB doesn't want him back, maybe they think he's pretty much done? Maybe they watched him ruin their season in the title game and realized he can't do it anymore? Maybe they realized 1 good year in 5 years isn't very good? If a div rival is willing to trade a QB to you I'd watch out. Remember when NE trdaed Bledsoe to Buf? They knew what they were doing.

13. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Jets management is pathetic for not going after Brett Favre. If they don't get him, they will be left with a back-up qb and a nobody named Clemens. Instead, we could have had a Hall of Fame qb for one or three years. It's disgraceful and ignorant. You bring all these veterans in, pay them big bucks, and throw away the season before it starts. Mangini, Tanenbaum, Johnson, I'm sick of standing up for you idiots... You all can kiss my a$$!!!

14. Jetsfan 128099

Favre

As much as any other Jet fan, i would love to get Favre. But lets face it, i highly doubt Favre would want to come to a team that hasnt proved its O-Line yet and that went 4-12 last year. The last thing he needs as a 38 yr.old Madden cover player is to have 350 pound linemen falling on top of him. Thats all we need is to have the madden curse come about again:eek:hmy:. But anyway i'm not such a fan of Chad but i wont sit here and complain all day about him. I think we should trade him to another team, but yet again it wouldn't be great having 3 Qb's with the starter not even having at least 3 years experience.
    We should trade Chad because his stay has been so prolonged for awhile in NY. With Clemens we should post about a 9-7, 10-6 season. With Ratliff a 8-8 season. It would be great to have a nice veteran that has spent time in the league to get the younger players to have a feel about the league and what they need to bring to the table to be an efficient starter in the NFL. I would not take Chris Simms though because with his past career and his poor arm strength like Chad.

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

What is ignorant is the Clemens hate. One half season with some of the worst NFL talent surrounding him. Shameful.

16. SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets Member

agreed double x...I saw a guy getting sacked on 3 step drops last year-NO time to throw no time to set up and go through his reads and half of our fanbase still wants to go back to Chad Pennington citing his pinpoint passing in camp and a season 4 years gone by

17. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

nyjunc, I think maybe you are on to something.

A really cool challenge for the GB Packers DBs would be to go up against the one QB they know more about than anybody else in the league. Why? Because they have gone up against him EVERY DAY at practice for the last umpteen years.

Don't you figure Charles Woodson and Al Harris know how to read 57 dozen variations of Brett's body language as well as that 16th Century Japanese court poet Basho could read and write Haikus...?

Now Woodson and Harris are no slouches. And when it comes to the "blades of grass" that've been growing in their back yard forever, well, they are familiar.

I think Brett will be easy to read for the Pack. I think Brett, unsure of himself in a new situation, will revert to his nature -- winging it with his 'super slingshot'.

The DBs will have to cover his guys heavy inside and then cheat out later. This approach ultimately will force Brett to chunk it outside the numbers -- something he doesn't like to do because he doesn't do it well.

So, I'm not so sure the Pack D feels all vulnerable and naked about coming up face to face with their ole compadre, Brett. Maybe even, they'll be licking their chops...!

At least, that's how I'd play it if I was the GBP CS and the only place I could get rid of Brett was in either Minny or Chi-town.

18. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

I just don't see how you can "go after" somebody if they won't even talk to you.

Buss Cook gave somebody from the NYJs about five minutes, and that was it.

With Brett it's not about money -- he just turned down $20 million if he would just do NOTHING.

It's what he thinks that motivates the guy, not anything that the NYJs could say.

Out of respect for his body of work, neither the Bucs nor the Jets are making a big stink about receiving such short shrift from what is really Brett's very own extremely public drama.

I think the Jets are classy in not responding to his obvious and real rejection of them as a viable alternative for success this year.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

RUMOR: Favre's agent talking to Jets, but not Buccaneers

I hate to add more to this, because I could care less. But, I thought of all of you and thought you'd like to read this. Enjoy.

Brett Favre's agent, Bus Cook, has been taking calls from the New York Jets ? but so far, Cook has not been working closely with the Tampa Buccaneers, according to a sources with knowledge of the two teams' dealings regarding Favre.

That might change if Jeff Garcia's injury is significant.

As it stands, though, the Jets have the more tenuous quarterback situation. Chad Pennington never has been the same since suffering a shoulder injury in 2005, and Kellen Clemens was ineffective in 10 games (eight starts) last year, throwing 10 interceptions and only five touchdown passes.

20. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

if Favre actually wanted to come here the deal would have already happened

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.