Chad WILL Be The Starter. Again.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Mar 4, 2008.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It certainly didn't take Peyton 5 years to prove himself a great NFL QB. Clemens will never be what he is. There is no worthy comparison there.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Let me Clarify myself. Chad can not beat the Charger, Colt , Jag or Patriot teams of 2008. They are not the teams they were then and Chad is nowhere near the Qb he was then. Even then he was middle of the pack.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

How many years did it take Peyton Manning to win a playoff game?

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

it'll be chad, again. i said it way back. i couldn't see, the way they were building this team, them going with an unproven entity, at QB.
    I don't care what anyone says, Chad gives us the best chance to win, period.

5. FOURTHANDLONG

Win What? Definitely not the Super bowl. If you don't have a chance to win that then you don't have a chance to win anything.

6. Verngenious

Verngenious New Member

Guys guys guys, I just read in one of today's papers that CP still has a winning record as the Jets starting QB ( 32-29 ) That includes Penny going 1-7 last year!! Also, this is the Jets we're talking about, I've been a Jets fan for 30 years and they've never been a franchise like the Yankees if you get my drift so with all the bashing you guys do to CP he still has a winning record with the new York football Jets. That's impressive boys!! I like Vinny so I am NOT going to bash him and he got better with age at the thing's Penny already does well and that's why his only good year was in 98'. Ok, KC was a rookie gin their first competition what's going to be the excuse for this year??? He's in his third year and he's started what 8-9 gms, he should be able to beat out CP this year if he's any good in my book. Read the papers, go watch practice, CP is destroying KC gain. It's not even going to be close - I don't understand you guys. Do you guys hate CP that much that your blined to the facts????

#246 Verngenious, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  7. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

Why would you want that again? Go with Clemens and see what you got, he certainly can't do much worse than 1-7.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Just over .500 is impressive to you - that's about a 9-7 record. You're impressed with mediocre, that's why you love Chad.

If Clemens can't be him out this year he probably sucks donkey dick. That doesn't mean Penny is good, it means our QB situation is terrible.

9. FOURTHANDLONG

Chad is the king of the Red Shirt, No contact, Training camp Dink and Dunk controlled Scrimmage. I take no stock in reports from Writers who he sucked up to during Herms Regime. How can you even think to say that all Cp does is win when he is 3 games over .500! To other fans in other cities to defend somebody who is three games over 500 and even try to make reasons why he would be a better fit than Brett Farve is insane. I don't want Farve but Penny's lifetime record is the essence of mediocre. Chad Penning put himself on the bench last year by his play and it was evident that he was and is done! Do you love Chad to the point that you were blinded to 17 t/d 16 int and a weak sched in 2006 where we got beat by all of the three teams we played over 500 the whole year. Were you blinded by Chad's 1-7 record when he started last year and how many pick six's to end games. Are you blinded by the fact that the man can not throw a decent 10 yard pass without the fear of it getting jumped by every journeyman Cb in the league? Have we been that bad as a franchise that we glorify mediocre? Other fans and media laugh at Jet fans for a reason. That reason is defending 32-29 and Chad Pennington.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I think you mean writers he chastised during Herm's Regime. Otherwise, nice revisionist history there. :up:

He will be under center.... get your kleenex box handy. :smile:

11. FOURTHANDLONG

No Kleenex for me. Just a rerun of 2007. It will actually be funny to see what new defenses will be made for him after we start out 2-5!

12. Verngenious

Verngenious New Member

Of course I don't want a qb that's barely over 500, but look at what this team has been for all these years??? The Red headed step child in New York to the Giants. Have the jets had the kind of success other top franchises that are competitive year in and year out? The Jets have been one of the doormats of the league with the exception of a couple of years since 69'. You guys sound like everything is the QB's fault, do you guys watch the gms???? Lol

The Jets haven't stopped the run in forever, they haven't had a pass rush since getting rid of Abraham ( Good Move though ) , they haven't had a great offense line in foreevr, and when's the last time they had a player that keeps d-coordinators up at night??? ( I love and respect C-Mart though ) My point is, Peyton Manning wouldn't win shit and be barely over 500 with these Jets teams - Having a great QB is vital, but it's NOT everything!!! You still need to hit the qb, stop the run, run the ball, defend the pass, and score points. it's not all Pennington's fault!!! ( Again, he was hurt and had a down year last year )

Now our team has good ownership, MGT, and talent
    so all i'm saying is let the best man win! If it's not KC we should support Pennington, if it's KC we support him.....The point was, other than a couple of years in the 80's and 98' this team was never going anywhere and wasn't an elite team. The QB can only do and control and do so much ( Ex Marino ) Shit teams = No ring's

13. FOURTHANDLONG

I agree with everything you said but if you Put Chad on the Patriots, Chargers, Colts, Steelers or Jags they do not get out of the second round of the playoffs with his limitations. Historically most teams that win the Sb have good play from the Qb position over the last 30 years.

14. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Jets | Clemens off to rough camp start
    Mon, 28 Jul 2008 07:51:55 -0700

Tim Graham, of ESPN.com, reports New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini said QB Kellen Clemens is off to a rough start in training camp. Clemens has thrown an interception every day thus far. "You never want to see mistakes. You spend a long time working on making sure there aren't mistakes. But there's been many mistakes," Mangini said Sunday, July 27. "The one mistake you can't have is you can't turn the ball over. Running backs can't fumble. Receivers can't fumble. Quarterbacks need to make good decisions. It's the risk-reward we talk about. That makes me even more annoyed."

SOUNDS LIKE SUPPORT FOR THIS THREAD, HUH?

15. FatStupidLoser

Well, then prepare yourself to be disappointed.

16. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Chad as starter by default is not something anyone should be happy with. It is looking like the Jets will be trotting out a back-up-caliber QB either way you look at it.

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Thus far, it's almost like deciding which of the two piles of steaming, just laid, dog sh.t smells less...

18. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

If I'm Kellen Clemens at this point, I'm beginning to rethink this whole QB of the Future thing. First Mangini goes into off season with an open competition. Then there's Jet Favre speculation. Now he's tossing grenades on his confidence this early in camp?!
    Ruh roh.

19. pennington4life

pennington4life New Member

What i don't understand about you pennington bashers is that if he wins the competition than most of you will still boo him at the games and pray for him to do bad. That's not really a fan.

As for the ones that like pennington (like me) if Clemens wins the comp i'lls till be cherring my ass off for clemens to tear shit up. Thats the difference between the pennington abshers and clemens bashers

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That's just not true.

As much as I don't want Penny to win the job, if he does I will root for him to do well. I would also be highly critical of all mistakes he makes.