Favre to Jets........Deal Dead

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by flgreen, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I have to admit, i laughed at that....Then again, I am drunk.

2. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

I wouldn't have minded Farvre, if all the pieces fell out way, but you can't say "Nevermind the compensation". He making 13? mill a year. That affects our salary cap for years to come. Remember the mess we were in after Parcells left? He also would of cost us a 1st round pick (or maybe a 2nd and something). Not having those picks would affect us for years to come. Those are real long term commitments for a guy we'll have for maybe two year.

I'm not that upset he's not coming. I don't think he would of brought us the Super Bowl anyway.

3. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

"Nevermind the compensation" really meant that you don't know what the compensation would be right now, so why rule it out entirely? The Packers want a first round pick, but no team will give them that.

And as for his salary, the Packers are responsible for his signing bonus. We could cut him after the year no problem.

5. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Favre doesn't want to play here anyway....If he doesnt want to play here then I don't want him playing for us

6. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Because the guy is a schmuck. I dislike very few proferssional athletes, but he is one. I would have a very difficult time watching him play as a Jet. I would rather lose with someone like Pennington or Clemens than win a few more with Favre. If you think Favre makes the difference between a Super Bowl or not I have to disagree with that as well. The heck with Favre.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Once he gets the helicopter tour of the swamp he will feel right at home.

8. BSartist

BSartist New Member

long time jet fan, your roster decisions are based on whether or not you like their personality? that is blatantly idiotic. and the difference between Favre and our two existing QB's is LIGHT-YEARS. Ask anyone dumb-butt.

9. allan1

allan1 Active Member

I'm tired of the fear and I'm tired of playing it safe. Doing things this way has never gotten us anywhere.

when we drafted namath he wasn't a sure thing either. He needed knee surgery right away...and afterwards the docs thought that he could play maybe 4 seasons max. There was a chance he would never even see an NFL field. Thank god we didn't pussy out of that one.

Does Belichick play it safe all the time? No, he goes out and gets a misfits and a few reclamations projects. Randy Moss was a risk, Corey Dillon was a risk, Rodney Harrison was a risk. I would say those all worked out pretty well for him.

The rewards far outweigh the risks when it comes to Favre. Go get 'em!

10. Long Time Jet Fan

I've really refrained from attacking the idiotic posts made here because there are so many. I'm not the GM of the team, I'm a fan. As a fan I want to root for people I like and to whom I can relate. That's what make it fun for me. I haven't rooted for the Knicks for years because the team had the biggest group of jerks in town, from players to management. As a Jet fan I don't want to root for a bunch of assholes. That may be fine for some dumb jerk like you, but it doesn't do it for me.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So it's really just a matter of you not liking Favre as a person, that's all you had to say. The fact that you'd rather lose with someone else than win with him is ... interesting. I understand where you're coming from though, he really is a terrible person. I wont even begin to list the terrible things on his resume - we all know what they are.

It's good to know where you're really coming from with your opinions. I'll never have to really think about them again.

#51 WhiteShoeWillis, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  12. Long Time Jet Fan

I guess we all follow sports for different reasons. I'm not a win at all costs guy as a fan. I want to enjoy what I'm watching. If I can't relate to the people playing or don't like them I'm not going to enjoy watching them. If I were the GM of the team I might look at things differently. But at this stage of my life I have no desire to root for a bunch of jerks. There are several professional players that are very good I wouldn't want on the Jets. I simply don't want to root for players I don't like. It doesn't give me any enjoyment. Not sure why that's such a difficult concept. :wink:

13. BSartist

BSartist New Member

no, it's not difficult at all. it's childlike in its simplicity. as in, you are a child. and dare I say, a jerk?

14. atkinson

atkinson New Member

going for Favre would have been a "all in" type move.

15. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

With a mediore hand, while knowing the Patriots, sitting next to us, have a pair of Aces.

16. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Can't you just allow somebody to disagree with you and your opinions without all the name-calling? It's immature.

17. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Just wait it out and see what happens.

18. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

BSArtist is a fucking legend.

I'm convinced that there's a contingency of Jets fans - perhaps through the series of mishaps that have befallen the team over the past few decades - that have been conditioned to prefer losing. It's like the old version of Red Sox Nation: they're comfortable with that identity. They want to rebuild for the next three decades.

These fans are preturbed by the vigor with which we try to unshackle them from this delusion that defeat is somehow preferable to victory. Sorry if the "insults" rub you the wrong way, fellas, but we're trying to snap you back into fucking reality here.

19. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

If you two are going to continue this nauseating poker metaphor, allow me to point out that in the NFL you start off with four big blings; thus, you should pretty much be shoving every fucking hand.

20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

You talk of reality and yet say you'd trade a first-round pick for a 38-year-old, retired-once quarterback.

Your opinions are as welcome as everybody elses's but don't make the mistake of assuming you're right all the time.