The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're probably wasting your time hoping. Favre doesn't want to play in the AFCE. He's used to weak competition in the NFC. He doesn't want to play the Pats twice a year.

2. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

He's an inch shorter than Favre if that. Give me a break.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

i just heard on ESPN News that the Jets really don't have that much intrest in Farve like it seems to be. Michael Smith

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The fact that they were looking at the Favre option tells me of 2 things....

1. Mangini and MT are under the impression that they might not be on as a loose of a leash as we are believed, and thus desperate times call for desperate measures

2. The fact that they made a call to GB/Favre probably means they are not too in love with what they have seen in Clemens, which isnt too good to hear.

5. allan1

allan1 Active Member

then he's not playing in the NFL this year, so he stays retired. No way he goes to Tampa as they're on the decline. Is Washington even still in the mix?

I bet this report is false

#245 allan1, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

They may just be exploring all options, seeing if maybe the Packers are looking for a 7th round pick for Favre or something ridiculous like that.

7. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

And a lot of people who tell me I'm wasting my time visitng this web site, or being a Jets fan. Hasn't stopped me before.
    And you're seriously going to question Favre's competitiveness re: him not wanting to play the Pats? That's absolutely ridiculous.

8. BakerMaker

I dont blame them for going after someone like Favre but it just gives me those 2 impressions pretty much.

I just want to see some confidence put into Clemens as opposed to having Pennington or Favre or whoever neck and neck with the guy every year(So it seems).

9. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

He is. The quote you are referring to came from the mind of his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandson,
    Ignoramus.

10. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

If he does go to Tampa, can we at least take a crack at one of their plethora of qb's?

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Well that was a buzz kill

12. BakerMaker

I wouldent be surprised if Simms and a pick would go GB's way in a Favre deal.

13. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Tampa went 9-7 and won a shitty division. They have mediocre backs, old wide receivers, and a defense that needs to be totally rebuilt. They're clearly on the decline and not ready to win.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

or #3 they could be just trying to light a fire under their current QBs.

15. BakerMaker

The defense is actually pretty young, just like the case with us we have no PRO BOWL defensive guys so they arent well known.

If Caddy can ever stay healthy, he would be a decent back. But yeah I dont like TB's chances very much this upcoming year but again the Jets werent killing it stat wise in 2006 when we went 10-6.

16. Graytness

Graytness Member

I am not getting my hopes up, but I'd love nothing more than to see Favre in green & white. He is my favorite player in the NFL and I think we would be so much better with him. Honestly, even at this point, the only 2 QB's I'd rather have would be Peyton and Brady (who I actually wouldn't want, but you know what I mean). Yes, Favre still makes errant passes, but he also MAKES plays. Honestly, even at 39 he'd still be the best QB the Jets probably ever had. Yes, it's only be a year, two at most, but for a team that hasn't been to the big game in nearly 40 years, that's fine with me. Yes, maybe Kellen Clemens will be good, but he didn't show much last year, albeit behind a shit line with no running game. I can wait a year or two to find out.

That being said, I am sure he will go elsewhere. We're the Jets...

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I see that as more defeating than inspirational. When you're competing with someone on the roster that is one thing, since the team obviously wants them ALL to do well, but when they're trying to bring in someone from the outside neither one of them can seriously think they'll beat Brett Favre in a QB competition. Their best hope at that point is that they get traded too.

18. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Im so shocked. A future HOF Qb does not want to come to our team. I guess his evaluation of our teams talent is less than we here on Gang Green. I guess we really do need more than a Qb to be Sb contenders. Guess he thinks we are rebuilding as opposed to retooling for a Sb run.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That would be my guess. Mortenson had already said that Favre doesn't want to play in the AFC yesterday. I think he likes the lack of competitiveness in the NFC. Ridiculous or not, Favre is human.

Don't get me wrong, I'd likje to see him play for the Jets, but it was probably the longest shot of any of the teams mentioned who were interested. 4-12 and in the AFCE doesn't sound to me like a team Favre wants to play on during his twilight.

#259 abyzmul, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Where have we heard this before?? Reggie White? I laugh at the competitiveness of the NFC though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.