The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denny

Denny Active Member

That is a great comparison. Even though he was an interception machine everybody was in love with Vinny's arm. Brett is as good as shape as Vinny was and more accurate. 6 points could happen at anytime. I'm on the fence with this but I could buy this arguement.

2. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I want to say that I've always been a Chad supporter. But I know that he is not the QB he was, when he took over for Vinny. He is a shell of that guy.

Brett Favre is a once in a lifetime gift, if the Jets and Packers should choose to go for it.

Sorry Chad, but I want to win, and I want Favre to wear Jets colors!!!

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

4. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

So now you're at a point where you're throwing random shit against a wall and hoping something sticks, right? Because without context, his number of playoff wins is almost meaningless.

By the way, the answer to your utterly trivial question is 4, which is 2 more than the Jets have over the same duration.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

But didn't Vinny come to the team well before training camp, went through all the mini-camps, and was well versed in the offense before the season started?

My other point would be that Vinny was younger.

Correct me if I am wrong.

6. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Maybe that's the Jets management trying to throw off other teams. At least, I think and hope that's the case.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Jets fan syndrome. Its always about the future, long term, next season...never the present.

You don't sign Faneca, Woody, Franks, etc if you're thinking too far down the road...especially considering the contracts some of them got. Aside of that, who's the future at the QB position anyway? Don't say Kellen Clemens. There would be nothing to back up a claim like that at all. We should find out what we have in him right? Not if it means going 4-12 we shouldn't.

My guess is that Manging and Co. probably have a pretty good idea of where the situation is at and if they're even considering talking to the Packers then it must not be very good. Is there any indication to believe otherwise?

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Random shit?

So winning in the playoffs does not matter, stats do?

Come on dude.

10. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

By the way, when was the last time the Jets had the top two headlines on ESPN.com

1) Favre and 2) Gholston getting signed

11. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

The guy has stats and has won in the playoffs, so what exactly is your argument here?

12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Ok...everyone put down their green colored crack...take off the green flavored glasses...if the Jets can manipulate a REASONABLE trade for Favre you do it. He gives the best chance for the team to win now....and win now is what it's all about. Don't forget what the N.F.L. stands for. I love Penny but the injuries have taken their toll. Clemens is still an unknown IMHO. Favre was top 5 last year and the Jets have the talent...if we could go deep into the playoffs that would be a success...especially considering we have to deal with the Pats twice a year. Besides, as someone pointed out, a Favre-Brady clash twice this season would be a wet dream for the NFL. Just an opinion.

Peace!

The Mezz

13. Gator

Gator Active Member

I think Favre would be intrigued with coming here. Plus...we're the right color so it wouldn't be that much of an adjustment. What the heck, bring him in if you can. Even if he busts, we ain't winning anything with these two clowns, and if Ainge is any good he probably isn't ready anyway. HE can be on clipboard duty behind Favre.

Watch what's gonna happen. Tampa will get him, then we'll be subjected to a Chad press conference where he expresses sadness and inner outrage that we even thought of replacing him. Then he'll win the starting job. Then we'll suck.

Get Brett (clap clap)
    Get Brett (clap clap)

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

"vre", "is" and "my" will probably be hidden in your fissure while striding. I don't recommend it.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Keeper is right here, you're assuming what people think in this post not by what they are saying but by what you think they are thinking. I don't think Favre makes us immediate SB contenders, what is does is give us exciting football with a veteran HOF QB who can run a 2 minute offense effectively and get the ball downfield in a hurry.

People want to bash his decisions, but he knows how to put the ball where it needs to be for the receiver to make YAC and gain needed yardage. I have problems with his decision-making, and I do think it would be at least half a season before he could be effective in the way that we need, but I would feel more comfortable with him and Clemens than with Chad and Clemens.

To tell you the truth, I would be very excited with Favre on the team for the simple fact that it would be a fun game to watch over the conservative nonsense. I don't think it will happen, but it's fun to talk about.

And if it happens, then I know the Madden Curse is real, and he would probably have a career-ending injury in early September.

16. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

I just think it's hilarious that the anti-Favre contingent is jumping from indefensible argument to indefensible argument, as if throwing out ten illogical points will somehow achieve the equivalent of making a single coherent one.

Not debatable.

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

i'm sure this is just his agent trying to drum up biz..

18. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Mezzavo, you are entirely correct in your opinion. I mean, you are entirely correct :)

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Those days are rapidly falling behind him.

I just don't believe in this signing, if it has any merit at all.

Furthermore, you don't have to be condescending by questioning my intelligence with every post. It is just a message board and we are all just expressing our opinions.

If six years of great stats equals four playoff wins and no Super Bowl wins than I don't see the value.

Remember Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Stats don't mean everything.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

if we get favre do they still wear those ridiculous throwback jerseys for the home opener?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.