The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude they bash the team when a third round pick busts, of course the Jets would get ripped. But the way I think about it, they would be positioning themselves to draft a QB early next season if Clemens isn't the guy.

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

To be honest, our D looks to be top 5 this year. The reports from the first day of camp confirm that.

The thought of Favre throwing to Coles, Cotch, Keller, and company intrigues me. It would be the best receiving corps he's ever had.

3. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Kellen Clemens is only liked by Jets fans, because we drafted him. No other reason. He just gave the worst performance in the league. Who needs that?

Vinny was a great Jet qb. He was in the league a zillion years, before he came to the Jets.

Penny had a year or two of exceptional QBing, but now, he's nothing more than a high-priced exceptional back-up.

We have a chance to get a Hall of Famer, one of the best QBs to ever play football, right after the Jets sucked and the Giants won the Super Bowl.

Do you want to settle for a back-up or the worst QB in the league???

Having this debate amongst us is pure stupidity. I want a great QB like Brett Favre, something that most teams only dream about.

Jets, GET HIM NOWWWW!!!!

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

On paper this team is far better than the 2006 team that made the playoffs.

Year 3 Brick > Rookie Brick
    Faneca >> Kendall
    Year 3 Mangold > Rookie Mangold
    Woody > Clement
    Richardson (FB) > I don't even remember
    Stucky > McCairens
    Franks/Keller/Baker > Baker
    Thomas Jones > Cedric Houston & Barlow

Jenkins > Robertson
    Harris >> Vilma
    Pace > Hobson (don't remember)
    Revis > Barret
    Coleman > VanSlowhoffen

year 3 CS + Callahan > rookie CS + Wise

The only downgrade is our special teams coach, and we hired one that had a lot of success in Chicago to replace him.

Replacing Penny with Favre COULD make us a superbowl contender IMO. That's why you make this move.

#64 WhiteShoeWillis, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Boomer was never even 25% of Favre, even in his prime.

6. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Thank you. No one is guaranteeing anything with Favre, but right now, this team does not have a chance to win. You add Brett Favre, and you have a chance to win. It's that simple.

Not debatable.

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

And who the hell would be better than Clemens next season..all I 've read says very weak class next draft.

8. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

You totally did not get what I meant by "a NY Giants distraction."

Right now, the Giants own NY football, because they won the SB and we won 4 games. Getting Brett Favre makes us the attraction and takes away what the perception is of both teams. That is very important. If you were in the media division of the Jets or a staffer for the Daily News or the Post, you'd understand that. That's all I was saying.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This just makes so much sense. I'd still be surprised if it would happen, but the Jets make more sense than any other team in the NFL for Favre IMO.

10. Goodrich

Goodrich Banned

as much as I don't like Favre, the Jets would be stupid not to get him at a reasonable price. I think with Favre they have a "shot" at a deep playoff run, without him I don't think the Jets win more than 6 games this year. They have a win now team without a qb, it makes sense to bring in Favre (vomit)

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Favre will sell the PSL's. Winning isn't the only thing behind this move.

12. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

This is my greatest fear: that the Jets manage to take something that is un-fucking-believably intuitive to anyone with a brain and a pulse, and vomit all over it and fuck it up to the point of no recognizability.

13. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Clemens is Doug Flutie in today's NFL. He's too short, but he has a cannon for an arm, and can do things with his legs. IMHO he's going to be a great career backup. If anything, bring Favre in to groom Ainge. I honestly feel we got our future in the 5th round.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I just want to address something. There's a distinct difference between Favre and Esiason, O'Donnell, Eason, Testaverde, or whoever the Jets have brought in previously. None of them have ever been clear first-ballot Hall of Fame QBs before.

We're not talking about the Giants bringing in Kurt Warner to hold the fort for Eli Manning. We're talking about one of the best quarterbacks to ever line up behind center in the NFL coming in to help us win immediately.

That can't be overstated. Sure, there's an opportunity for a total bust. At the same time, you can say that about any player. I'll bet Arizona would like to revist Edge. Philly regrets every moment of the TO era. It happens. But for every James, there's a Curtis Martin going to the Jets. For every TO there's a Randy Moss in New England.

You take the risk with a guy who plays with more talent than at least 80% of his peers.

16. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Despite the outcries on this forum, the Jets will have no trouble selling PSL's. If the Jets acquire Brett Favre, it will be a decision made by Tannenbaum and Mangini; not Woody Johnson.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Please no....we don't need the circus.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

What's unfair here is that our QB performances last year can be directly attributed to the O-Line.

Now that we have a (Hopefully) solidified line the QB play should improve.

IOW, do we really need Favre?
    Is his BS and INT's worth it?

I want what's best for the JETS.

Everyone who wants him thinks he's going to come in here learn the system and have a great year.
    That's not what usually happens.

That said, are you willing to risk him bolting after this year and us wasting a year after all the signings?

19. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

End of story. Well said.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

And you missed mine. I don't give a shit about what the people who work on the post or daily news think. All I care about winning football games. Farve should help us do this and that is the only reason we should think about bringing in a player, not because he makes headlines.

If you want headlines you can trade for any number of dysfunctional fucks to get those. Winning alone gets the type of headlines that really matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.