OL Ranked 11th at Rotoworld

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MarionBarber31, Jul 10, 2008.

1. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

These things are nice, but lets see them play as a unit first.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This writer is a super genius. Excellent read.

</sarcasm>

4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Raiders ranked 29th ---- so sorry to see that RaiderJeaux.
    Keep up with that draft philosophy of flashy first, needs later........much later.

5. MrDobolina

MrDobolina New Member

When Woodhead get 2k yards, then we'll start talking about top 11.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its a god projection, but I'd like to see where we are on the field. I'm not loving the right side as much as the left side. Woody has to show me he can hold down the RT spot first. Moore I have faith in. He's the only guy left from the Herm days, so he has to be more than serviceable. He really is the forgotten Linemen.

7. JetsLookingforDWare

Agreed. The average undrafted FA RB behind a top 11 line can easily break 2K. If the Jets O-line doesn't allow Woodhead to be the next breakout star at RB, then they definitely don't deserve the honor of being labeled the 11th best O-line in the NFL for 2008.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Seems about right but untill we play this is all shit. I say where definately in the Top 10 by seasons end or atleast top 15. Faneca/Woody with T.J. Neon and Chatman running holes in the ground cant forget about Mangold and D'Brick they been good but with Faneca's beastly presents and Woody's vet leadership this running game should go along way. Atleast i hope.

9. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Still don't trust either tackles yet. As far as I'm concerned, both are above average at best. But, I'm going to wait before am too quick to judge.

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

IT means very little.(one mans opinion) JMO There is no way even on paper Jets Oline should be anywhere close to 11. You have three guys on Jets oline that have serious trouble pass blocking - Dbrickshaw Ferguson-Has given up more sacks than any LT the last two years, Alan Faneca- strength is run blocking and his pass blocking*never been a strength ,has started to slip alot lately, and Damien Woody- A run blocker who never was a good pass blocker at Center, guard, and tackle.

Jets better be able to run the football, or there oline and offense is in serious trouble.

11. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Thats all good. You want to put a little bet on whose OLIne performs better in 2008. Your trying to build an oline that can run the football. Raiders already established that it really dosen't matter what RB they put behind their oline, they were going to have sucess in the running game. Now you look at who coaching both Olines. Tom Cable> Bill Callahan . Not to mention the higher caliber of running backs in Oakland. So your feeling lucky today.

#11 Raiderjoe, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

So what you are saying, by your own admission, means very little?

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...basically you're saying the Raiders can run block, but can't protect the passer. That's a huge problem. Ask David Carr.

14. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Your quote "Dbrickshaw Ferguson-Has given up more sacks than any LT the last two years"

Where are you getting your stats on this from?
    I admit that the guy isnt doing well in his run blocking, but his pass protection on the QB blindside has been saving his play.

15. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Its been all over the internet. That is fact that Dbrickshaw Ferguson has given up more sacks than any LT the last two years. Thats horrible consider Jets have been a short passing attack under Pennington. This clearly is a make or break season for Brickshaw Ferguson.

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

This will be my last post on the Raiders Oline as I don't want to be accused of being a thread hijacker. There is no doubt Raiders Oline strength is clearly run blocking(Raiders oline coach strength) They strengthen that even further with the addition OF LT Kwame harris(proven dominate run blocker) over LT B sims). Raiders interior of their oline is very good in both pass blocking and run blocking. There is questions how good their tackles will be in pass protection. WE won't know that answer till the season starts. Raiders oline coach feels both tackles fit his system very well( see Kevin Schaffer who look great playing LT in the same system)

Even if Raiders tackles do struggle in pass protection, I don't see it effecting the offense that much.(see Denver Broncos who won alot of games over the years with a great run blocking team and poor pass blocking- Only problem is you fall behind and have to pass than your in trouble- Why Colts had there way with Broncos in Playoffs)

Everything raiders do on offense will be off their running game. The playaction pass will be a big part of their passing offense. Raiders running back M Bush and D Mcfadden will be a big part of the Raiders passing offense.(be careful pass rushing Des if you get around Raiders OT- now swing pass could go a long way. Also raiders roll out Jamarcus Russell alot. So basically might have to give more help to the RT with a tE- Zach miller or one of their FBs J Griffith/O Oneal/ M Bush.

NOw lets look at the Jets bacically both of there tackles are just as suspect as Raiders in pass protection. A Faneca not as strong in pass protection either. Jets on paper look like they sahould be able to run the football(Is Dbrickshaw Ferguson suddenly going to be a better run blocker because faneca next to him)
    SO going into season both teams are banking on being able to run. Im taking the oline that has done it and the proven system (denver blocking scheme)

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm a big fan of the zone blocking scheme but there's a huge problem with your argument: Denver had offensive linemen that fit that system. The Raiders don't.

When the Broncos dominated with the zone blocking scheme most or all of their offensive linemen were under 300 pounds. They were more athletic than the usual linemen that weigh anywhere between 310 and 335.

John Wade, Cooper Carlisle, and Cornell Green might all fit into the category of undersized linemen, but Carlisle is the only one with experience in that zone blocking system...because he played for the only team that has consistently run the zone blocking scheme: The Denver Broncos.

Kwame Harris and Robert Gallery are both busts. I know both are very powerful run blockers, but I just don't see how either of these oversized, slowish, wannabe franchise tackles can completely learn how to play in the zone blocking scheme in just one off-season. Sure they can run block, but they still can't stop the pass rush. There's going to be a huge hole on the left side of the Raiders' line. JaMarcus Russell's going to take a beating.

The Raiders have Tom Cable, not Alex Gibbs. There's a huge difference. Cable might have learned zone blocking from the best, but he doesn't even come close to Gibbs in terms of teaching the system and coaching up players. Sorry jeaux.

18. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

will respond to this post in trash talking forum. Have thread already established,

#18 Raiderjoe, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  19. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

11th sounds about right

20. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

No it dosen't. When you have three Olineman that are questionable in pass protection- Dbrickshaw Ferguson, Alan Faneca and Damien Woody. Not to mention just how effect that Oline will play together as a unit in the running game. Jets are at best somewhere in the 20's.