Rays Talk

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 4, 2008.

1. TampaBayJetsFan85

Nah, the Red Sox were down 4.5 going into the Game with the Yankees tonight, it's now a 5 game lead for the Rays! 5 whole freakin games!

Also, the Red Sox are down 7 in the loss column which is huge for the Rays, huge. You can always make up wins on a team, but you can never take away loses. 7 games back in the loss column is just about... 7 full games back.

2. Boss Revis

Boss Revis Active Member

No it isn't.

you fail.

Kinda, but. No.

3. TampaBayJetsFan85

Just put it this way...

The Red Sox have played 4 more games than the Rays

The Rays have 3 more Wins than the Red Sox

The Red Sox have 7 more loses than the Rays

The Rays are up on the Red Sox by a full 5 games.

Thats all that matters. The Res Sox are falling behind and with a horrid bullpen, they may be 10 games back of the Rays faster than you can say...

R-A-Y-S- Rays, Rays, Rays!

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

we just be seeing you disappear sometime around October when you realize your team is no longer on top. Place all your money on the Rays now, and we all will be laughing later...

5. TampaBayJetsFan85

I could care less about winning the whole thing. Just going to a playoff game @ The Trop would be a baseball dream come true for me. Anything after that is all gravy.

This has been the perfect season for me as a Rays fan. 23 games above .500, 1st place, over the Red Sox by 5 games... Nothing could match this Rays season. Nothing can top this so far, nothing.

No matter what people like you say about the Rays, you can never take the exciting season away from Rays fans like myself.

Baseball only starts in October for banwagon, fake New York and Red Sox fans.

"Hey guys look... The Yankees and Red Sox are in the playoffs, hurry... Turn the tv on... Time to root for me Yankees/Red Sox"

Thats what you sound like right about now, lol.

And once the Rays win 82 games, I'm winning $4,700 (Knock on wood) My money has already been on this Rays team, since before Spring training. And I'll be spending later.

Laugh now, cry later... Because the only top prospects on this Rays roster in 2008 in Evan Longoria, we have SO MANY more top 50 prospects ready to improve this team next year. The Rays will have a great team for over 7-9 years. Get used to it... Or deal with it.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Sorry dude, but if you even go into the Yankee threads, ( which i know you do) then you would know that people commenting on the games are not ban wagon fans. We watch the entire season, and suffer through the teams cold streaks. Hence all the animosity running through the Yankee threads. It happens every year. We dont just tune into ESPN for the scores. So for that comment, you can go fuck yourself you vertically stunted piece of shit. I am not a banwagon, nor are anybody else you could be referring to.

I always watch my team. In fact, I spend 160 dollars a year just to do so because I don't get any Yankees games on YES since I am nowhere near NY. You are a douche. Nobody likes you, now do us all a favor and go away. Its fans like yourself that make people not only have TB fans, but the team as well. I used to like the Rays, but your making it real easy to not.

7. TampaBayJetsFan85

Still wanna call me a banwagon fan?

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=29701

That will prove to you that I have been a huge Rays fan since before the season even started in 2008. And when I was back from my banning on June 2nd of this year... On June 2nd of this year... I made a HUGE thread about the Rays.

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I never called you a banwagon you moron. Go to hell.

9. TampaBayJetsFan85

And you know what? It would be REAL easy for me to be a classy Rays fan, I have posted all over the Official Yankees message board and Rays board for years, and they understand that Im a die hard Rays fan born in Queens, they never call me a "ban wagon fan" But Jet fans on this baseball part, are classless

10. TampaBayJetsFan85

Thats not calling me a banwagon fan?

You think I cant put two and two together? You think I cant "Read between the lines"?

Telling me I will "Disappear sometime around Octover"? What does that mean?

Go back to some of my 1st posts EVER on this site... Nothing but talking about My Jets... They have not won since 69, have I "Vanished"?

Before the season started, before the Rays had the best record in spring training, I was bragging about my Rays on the freakin video game

Check yourself, look in the mirror, before you have the nerve and balls to call someone out next time

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

you sir, are classless. Your team starts winning, and you start entering all the Yanks, Red Sox threads just to talk trash and egg everyone on. I would say act like you been there before, but obviously you havent. Learn how to take winning with some class.

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

that means your trash talking will stop, because I doubt the Rays will keep it up. It doesnt mean you are a ban wagon. It just means your lesson will be learned and you will crawl into that little hole you came out of, if you last long enough on this forum. I sense another ban very soon, but I'll just wait to see you self destruct.

FYI, im calling you out for being an annoying asshole, which I have not been. My mirror works just fine thank you very much.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Obviously not.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Really, nobody should get all that excited about where any team stands a week before the all star game. All you have to do is look back at last year's Yankees and Mets to see why nothing much matters but the last month of the season. It's almost become like the last two minutes of a NBA game.

15. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Didn't take long for them to lose and him not to post did it?

16. Boss Revis

Boss Revis Active Member

how did todays game go mr ray fan

17. TampaBayJetsFan85

Well, many of fans around baseball really thought this Rays team would have a "let-down series" against this Royals team. They proved the so called "expers" wrong, once again.

It was far from a let-down, this team took 3 of 4 from the Royals (Can't win em all). We also built some more distance on the Red Sox & Yankees during this Royals series. It's hard to complain over a loss like that. The Rays are now 5-1 in the month of July, thats really solid.

Not to make any excuses about this loss, but Joe Maddon also gave B.J Upton, one of out best players a day off because he needs this team fresh and ready for the Yankees on the road. Maddon actually played 4 bench players today. Zobrist (SS), Gross in (CF) Gomes in (RF) and Aybar as our (DH) late in the game. Usually we would have Bartlett (SS), Upton (CF), Hinske (RF) and Floyd as the (DH). And this Rays team STILL took the game into extra innings. Cant win em all.

The bottom line is this: The Rays are 22 games above .500, 4 games ahead of the Red Sox for 1st place in the East, 8.5 games ahead of the Yankees, and 5.5 games ahead of the Twins who are the only team that I can actually see getting in the way of a Rays playoff birth in 08. Other than the Red Sox and Yankees. I really can't see a team like the Tigers who have no pitching or a team like the A's who are 7.5 games behind the Rays really making a playoff push.

I have said it before and I will say it again... It would be great to win the East and as a Rays fan, I expect them to win the East because they just have the better OVERALL team when looking @ the Red Sox and Yankkes. Even if we fail to win the East, if we can take the Wild Card... That would be a dream come true for Rays fans like myself. Anything after the playoffs is perfect, win or lose in the playoffs... It would simply be a DREAM COME TRUE to be one of the first Rays fans to attend a playoff game @ the Trop. Man, I just can't stop thinking about being live @ the Trop for a playoff game. It's going to be a special feeling if this team can do it. I love baseball, I love sports, it can really keep a guy young @ heart.

Time to take two of two from the Yankees in the Bronx! If we can take two games from the Yankees, either way... A Red Sox win OR a Twins win will be helping this Rays team.

18. TampaBayJetsFan85

HAHAHAHA... After the Yankees took game 3... You were NO WHERE TO BE FOUND ON THIS SITE, after Pappelbon blew the game against the rookie Gardner, you were NO WHERE TO BE FOUND ON THIS SITE... Funny how things work, look whos talking, banwagon "Red Sox Nation "fan"

It took you a Red Sox win against the Twins to show face again. I have been talking about this Rays team (Before spring training) of this year. I got banned before the season even started for posting fake news. It was like a 3 or 4 month ban. The ban was up on June 2nd and guess what? I made a HUGE thread about the Rays (On June 2nd)

Funny how you NEVER came back to the Red Sox/Yankee thread, or this thread until the Red Sox won and Rays lost. Funny how people like you think

19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Win, lose, or draw, devilonthetownhallroof's a pretty steady fixture in the baseball forum. And, the common point being made around here is: no matter how brutal some of the baseball arguments have been around here over the years, no other poster has been a mouthy about his team's success. Particular short-term success. That's something you might want to work on. It helps identify you as a target.

20. TampaBayJetsFan85

You know what? I got attacked for being a fan of the Rays. I never got smart with anyone until I got called a "Fake banwagon fan" Or when people started to throw the fact that the Rays attendance aint the best.

If people come @ me, I will stick up for myself and the Rays, I dont care if it's a Jets fan, Red Sox fan... A Mod, I could care less.

I never went out of my way to attack anyone, same cant be said about this board.

You know why I'm still posting on this site? Because I got called out after I made a thread about a sweep of the Red Sox... Thats why. I MUCH rather do my posting on the official Rays board, somewhere I have been for years now, but since I got called a fake fan, why not just stick around?