Rays Talk

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 4, 2008.

1. TampaBayJetsFan85

Friday, July 4th, Tropicana Field | 5:10 PM ET

Kansas City Royals (39-47) 8 games below .500
    (20-26 on the Road)
    @
    Tampa Bay Rays (52-32) 20 games above .500
    (33-13 at Home)

Royals: Brian Bannister, RHP (7-7, 4.88)
    vs
    TB Rays: Edwin Jackson, RHP (4-6, 4.33)

Scouting Report: MLB,Com
    Royals: Bannister didn't regret any of his pitches in his last start, a loss to St. Louis. The Cardinals scored three of their runs off a wind-aided triple and a pop fly that got lost in the sun. Bannister lasted just 4 1/3 innings and gave up seven runs. The start was a surprise, given his recent performances. He'd been 3-1 in June and 8-1 in his career during the month.

Rays: Some fans may have forgotten that Jackson started against the Pirates on Saturday. The game lasted 13 innings and almost four hours. Jackson left the game after a steady 6 2/3 innings of work. He threw 64 of 104 pitches for strikes and earned praise from skipper Joe Maddon afterward. The game was Jackson's first since serving a five-game suspension for his role in the Rays' on-field incident against the Red Sox on June 5. He is 0-1 with a 14.73 ERA in two appearances against the Royals.

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

3. TampaBayJetsFan85

4-0 Rays, heading into the 4th

Since I made a thread about being excited about the Rays in this baseball part of the Ganggreen, I got attacked because of grumpy Yankee fans and upset Red Sox fans... I got called out for being a "banwagon fan" funny. I joined this site in what? Early 2007? And look @ my Screen name, Im a proud Jets fan and Im also proud of my city, St.Pete (Tampa Bay), some banwagon fan I am... lol

So I guess I will be posting series threads on this site (Just like die hard Yankee-Mets-And Red Sox fans on here)

Looks like we now have a Tampa Bay fan

4. Sundayjack

* * * * A N N O U N C E M E N T * * * *

The Tampa Bay Rays club of TGG will be meeting in a phone booth on the corner of Washington Avenue and Bluebell Court in Mineola, New York. We will be serving Drakes cakes and Slush Puppies. Please bring an empty returnable to off-set the cost.

Also, FYI, if these threads of yours end up being just you talking to yourself, I'll have to close them down as a waste of boardspace. I wish you luck on your exciting new venture, though.

5. TampaBayJetsFan85

You know what? Good for you "Mr.Mod"

I 4got... Some people just have OH SO MUCH power over the internet that they can actually "Close threads" and "Run Message Boards" You should really be proud of yourself, whats your message board name? Oh Yeah... (Sundayjack). You should really be proud of youself, I guess you have done something positive in life. Your the "Bestest" (If thats a word) Message Board-Internet-Computer-Mod who closes threads in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! lol.

You should be proud because I'm REALLY impressed.

I really hope you do close these threads that I make, I really do. This way I won't have to come back to this "baseball forum" anymore to prove that I'm a Rays fan. It was a mistake to even come to this part of the ganggreen to talk about the Rays, horrible Yankee fans who feel like crying and upset Red Sox fans cant enjoy another teams success without name calling and showing their true colors.

You hear that guys? If this AWSOME MOD saves the day and "closes this thread" I wont have to come back here anymore to "Talk baseball"

Your the "Bestest"

You should be proud of yourself Sundayjack, you have really done something special in the message board-computer-internet world of sports

6. TampaBayJetsFan85

Just so everyone knows, it's 7-1 Rays in the 7th. Carlos Pena with a HR and 5 RBI's.

The Rays are about to be 21 games over .500! 3 games over the Red Sox and 9 full games over the Spankees.

"Oh how sweet it is"!!!!

(Still waiting for the Rays to crumble like cookies)

7. TampaBayJetsFan85

The future American league rookie of the year: Evan Longoria just went 3-4 today and the game is now going into the 8th inning. Who knows? Maybe the Rays can bat around in the 8th inning and Longoria can have a chance at a 4-5 4th of July.

Because I think it's safe to say... With the score 7-1, I really don't see the Rays batting in the 9th

8. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Edwin Jackson was magnificent for my fantasy squad today.

9. TampaBayJetsFan85

Yeah, he pitched a GREAT game tonight. Just think, Edwin Jackson is the 5th starter in the Rays starting rotation. That's impressive.

He should have been taken out after the 7th, but we kept him in and he allowed another run. No big deal, but he pitched a better game than the score shows.

7-2

#9 TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If the Rays win, it will help my vCash #.

11. TampaBayJetsFan85

lol, I think I'm gonna start putting all my VCash on the Rays :=)

The Rays just put up 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th :=)

This team is EXPLOSIVE, we have great starting pitching, tough bullpen pitching and the best overall defense in the Majors.

11-2 in the 9th

Rays= 21 games OVER .500

Peace out, until tomorrow

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Some guy on SF named Matos messed with me today. That bastard cost me a win with the Giants.

13. Sundayjack

:)

You've missed the point here. Not altogether surprising.

I'll say this again so that there's no misunderstanding. If you start threads in which you're the only participant, the threads will be closed. Note also that I wished you much luck in your Rays crusade. I mean that. I think you're a very special poster.

14. TampaBayJetsFan85

Well, Cakes and Mantana Soss has also posted in this thread, looks like I'm not "Talking to myself". If I can't talk about the Rays in my own thread, I'll just talk about them in the Red Sox, Yankees or Mets threads. The ball is in you're court. Either way, this is a message board, a Jets fan site, and a baseball forum, I'll talk about my Rays untill the Jets season starts, and then I'll still talk about them.

I also have heard alot of Baseball fans on this site make comments about the Rays like... "The Rays are playing over their heads" or "The Rays will fall back down to earth" I actually find that pretty funny. If you have not followed the Rays since 98, I can honestly tell that you really have no idea when making comments such as those.

Playing over their heads??

Carlos Pena in 07: .282 47 HR 121 RBI
    Pena in '08: While battling a hamstring injury: .226 12 HR 43 RBI

Iwamura: career .281 hitter
    Iwamura in 08: .275

Carl Crawford career: .294 hitter
    Carl Crawford in 07: .315
    CC in 08: .277

BJ Upton last yr: .300 BA, 24 HR's (He also missed a month due to injury)
    BJ this yr: Came into tonight's game batting .278 with 6 HRs

Those are our top 4 hitters for this Rays lineup, none have hit their stride in '08. Back that with a strong defense, the emergence of one the of the top rookies in all over baseball (Longoria) whom scouts have been raving about for years now and a 24 year old catcher beginning to come into his own (Navarro, a guy YOUR yanks let go) and you have an offense that has been good this year, but an offense that can and should get a lot better in the second half of the season. We also play something like 24 of our next 30 something games against teams with below .500 records. (Say "Peace out" To the Rays #1 ranked SOS, that we have faced from April all the way through June and into July) It's exciting.

The Rays also play a flawless defense with Crawford in LF, Upton in CF, Evan Longoria @ 3B, Jason Bartlett at SS, Aki Iwimura @ 2B, Pena @ 1B with Aki behind the plate. We also have THREE lights out pitchers (Kazmir, Shields and Garza) to go along with a #4 starter with nasty stuff (Jackson) and a #5 starter with 9 wins (Sonnanstine). Oh yeah, this team will also be improving when top pitching prospects such as David Price and Wade Davis gets promoted later this season. This Rays team ALSO has the best farm system in baseball according to scouts everywhere... This front office will be able to go out and acquire whomever they want at the deadline.

Reports have said that the Rays are in serious talk with Xavier Nady of the Pirates. We would then have the best outfield in all of baseball with Crawford, Upton and Nady.

Aki Iwimura (2B)
    Xavier Nady (RF)
    B.J Upton (CF)
    Carlos Pena (1B)
    Evan Longoria (3B)
    Carl Crawford (LF)
    Dioner Navarro (Catcher)
    Eric Hinske/Cliff Floyd-(DH)
    Jason Bartlett (SS)

Wanna talk about keeping an opposing pitcher off balance all game?

L
    R
    R
    L
    R
    L
    Switch
    L
    R

Exciting

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I think the point is, since you're really the only Rays fan here, you should just start one thread for the Rays season. The reason Yankees and Mets fans create threads for each new series is because there are many different posters who post in them.

No one cares if you want to talk about the Rays, but if you're going to have 95% of the posts, you should just keep it to one thread for the season instead of creating new threads that aren't necessary.

16. TampaBayJetsFan85

I can agree to agree on that one 10Pennington10

And to be honest, I could care less about even posting about the Rays on this site anymore. I just made a thread about the sweep of the Red Sox (Because I'm more a Jets fan than a die hard Rays fan) Every game we beat the Red Sox, I was honestly thinking of the Red Sox and Patriot fans.

But when I made that thread to bragg about the Rays... I got attacked by Red Sox fans, Yankee fans, Jet fans... Everyone. Someone even called my girl a "Whore" what the f*ck?

I do all my posting on the official Rays message board. We have some awsome fans, and the fans who come over from other teams are also down to earth and have nothing but great things to say. On the official Rays site, about 15-20 of us meet up @ Fergs about once a month (its a sports bar right next to the Trop) We all bring our lady, our friends or family. We get down on some drinks, have a fun time, then head off to the Rays game, it's an exciting time once in a while.

But ever since I made that thread about the "Oh how sweep it is" I got attacked because of the recent Rays success. Even the Mod had to be a little smart @$$ about the whole situation. A bunch of harpers. See one person getting attacked, why not jump all over him right? Shows what type of person they are behind the computer. Why not just shut their keyboard up? lol, really man.

Long stroy short, I respect Jets fans, I never meant to make that thread to be a punk, I made that thread to bragg about my team beating the Red Sox... While sweeping em.

Where was my thread when the Rays took 3 of 4 from the Yankees and gave Rivera his 1st loss? No where to be found... But it is what it is, if I'm going to be called a fake fan, I'll prove that I'm not. My older brother is also a die hard Yankees fan, he has posted on this site for YEARS (Not saying any names), he's over the age of 35 and showed me everything I need to know about being a baseball fan. I also grew up a Yankee fan before the Rays. I remember going NUTS when the Yankees won the WS in 1996. And I will always root for the Yankees against other teams just because of my older bro. Nothing is like watching the Yankees lose:Than having my bro be pissed off @ the Baseball gods, seriously. But when the Rays came to St.Pete, I finially had a team to call "My own". When my family moved to Florida: The Bucs, Lightning, Magic and Marlins were already here,I could never and WILL never root for those teams. Never. I hate them all. The Knicks, Yankees, Jets, Rangers, and since 98 (The Rays) Will ALWAYS be my teams. Always.

It's just sad that I have to put an ' in its. Or a ' in Im... It's sad how little computer nerds can attack someone over something so silly and petty. or a ' in dont. Or how about a ' in you're? It's pathatic what type of people we have in this world... Losers with nothing going for themself so they chose to attack people over the internet to "Try and feel better"

That's how I really feel.

#16 TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

They weren't the "Rays" until this season. Betcha dint know that.

18. TampaBayJetsFan85

Everytime someone says "Devil-Rays" over the air on ESPN... They then owe one dollar. I Bet you never knew that, actually... I know you never knew that.

Proved you wrong AGAIN!, lol

I heard you're to buisy talking about little boys and children you little pedofile freak

You're new nickname is Pedofile-you little SICK pedofile

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Why is there a separate thread for the Royals/Rays. Does anyone besides TampaBayJetFan actually give a shit?

Didn't think so.

20. Boss Revis

Boss Revis Active Member

Darren Bragg.