#21 Miller on comeback trail....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 30, 2008.

1. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Can he do that now coming off the knee injury. Maybe thyey don't want to risk J Miller to injury playing specail teams now, as he so valuable a Cb these days.

2. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Raiderjoe, you strike me as a laughing man who takes much glee on dancing on corpses too much.

Except that the NYJs are hardly corpses these days and New York is not exactly a cemetary as Oakland is.

May I suggest that we wait and see who does what to whom on game day?

Perhaps that's too much to ask of guys who are having too much fun fanning their grim hopes in the fire.

At any rate, I do like Lane Kiffin, even though somebody old and senile has his balls in a sling. I think Mr. Kiffin is doing some interesting things with McFadden.

But we'll have to see how well it turns out.

Giving folks the benefit of the doubt... that's what Berkeley is good at, huh?

Not.

3. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Kris Jenkins is an upgrade but you still have a decling ellis and Never been Kenyon Coleman as your DEs. So how much have things really changed on Dline. With no depth. J Miller is what he is. A probowl caliber returner who is a horrible CB. Guy coverage ability sucked in college, and it hasn't gotten any better in the pro's. Jets have an opening at safety. maybe he could do better there.

4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Im not buying what Jets did this offseason that they are going to be alot better next season. ONe Big upgrade at LG(ALan Faneca) on the oline. ( D Woody a hugh hugh question mark) Keller a rookie TE that can't block, is not setting the nFL on fire next season. Dosen't hapen too often with Tes or Wrs their first year. Suddenly this is an offense teams must fear.

Jets had two upgrades on defense. K Jenkins will clog the middle. V Gholston going to help Jets Pass Rush tremendously. C Pave to me is this year B Thomas. looked very good in a contract year. But his best sack total 6 1/2 is not that impressive.

Jets have probably the worst depth at every position in the NFL. Hiope for your sake everyone stay healthy or this could get real ugly.

5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Whenever I get mad at the post Jeaux puts up, I just go to the "Raiderjeaux's post HOF" thread and laugh. Quite a lot too, and tt reminds me that some thing are best left unsaid.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Kenyon Coleman was solid last year, but then again I would figure you don't know much about the role of a 3-4 DE.

7. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

K Coleman should be a backup DE, if he starting for your team your in trouble. Please explain to me why you say he was solid. Don't give me his tackle total. Because unless you know where he was making those tackles, its an irrelavent stat. Love to hear your explanation.

8. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

It would be almost as good an explanation as the Raiders trying to explain signing Tommy Kelly to a 50 Million dollar contract, a carreer back up coming off a knee injury who is now one the highest paid DT's in football... K Coleman can play and was our only DE who was active last year... meanwhile Kelly couldn't beat out stone aged Warren Sapp, and when he finally did make it to the field got hurt.... don't you have anything else to do besides troll a Jets board???

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

because the secondary makes a defense, right jeaux. Vilma and Robertson were not going to be around even though they tried to make it work.. they stayed around for contract reasons more than anything. You can't get rid of people with replacements either. Jenkins and Harris replace them fine. It was a waiting game- you know nothing.

BTW Harris 6'2 242 4.61 is going to rip right through your precious bust Gallery and make McFadden fumble, or Russel, or Bush, or Fargas. None of those players really have proven /wowed anyone.

10. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

We are supposed to put any stock into your evaluation why? Every year you come here praising every move the Raiders FO makes during the offseason and calling for a return to the playoffs. And every year you are proven wrong and the Raiders' moves turn out to be crap. So based on your track record and your obvious lack of evaluation skills (once again based on your track record) how gives a crap what you think?

11. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Tom Kelly was not a career backup. HE been starting at DE and moving to DT on the passing downs. He was without question Raiders best allround Dlineman. B Hamilton and W Sapp would tell anyone who would listen for years now. Kelly started at DT next to W sapp undertackle position) With Terdel sands coming in relief in their three man rotation in 2006. Tom Kelly such a beast at DE that it hard for running backs to get outside of him. Raiders moved him to DE fulltime in 2007. Sapp was still at his undertackle position. (getting paid quite handsomely) Raiders saw how much there defense suffered without Kelly and his signing was a no brainer.
    NFl fans might not knows him but you can bet every NFl teams knows how good he is.

Believe Me Raiders know Kenyon Coleman (we drafted him ) HE is a backup at best. Lets see K Coleman couldn't make Raiders roster but good enough to be Jets starting DE.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So the Raiders drafted a 3-4 DE?? Typical

13. flgreen

flgreen New Member

Bingo

If the FA's we brought in play to potential, and I think they will, these two kids could be the difference between an interesting season, and a very exciting season.

Both of these guys have big ???????? Stuckey can be a great #3, but he has to stay on the field.

Miller has all the physical talent you could ask for. In the past he has acted like he is dumb as a rock..

I'll also be watching these 2 in preseason

14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Harris with the wind(hurfricane) at his back, and on astroturf, couldn't run a 4.61 forty.

Only time harris is going to catchup to MCfadden, is when Mcfadden reaches the endzone.

Lets see what Kris Jenkins does when Raiders oline cut him at the knees.
    Get here October. Jets are going to get such a bad beating that hopefully noone gets arrested for it.

15. flgreen

flgreen New Member

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I put about as much stock in RJ's posts as I do this guys speeches.

17. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

NO but you see Tom kelly could play either DE ?DT In 4-3 or DE in 3-4 . Thats what you can do when you have talent. K coleman should be a backup DE. Jets are hurting so bad on Dline that this player has to start.

18. Mehl-56

Wow... just wow...
    so they are moving him to DT... Priceless

dude... the only team the Raiders were bidding against was themselves...

You obviously are just are a troll, and a know it all... what a homer... you come here to gloat over a 4-12 team... must be because the rest of the inmates in Oakland have banished your idiocracy from thier boards...

19. Mehl-56

quit while you are ahead...

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Your line isn't good enough to hold Jenkins up? You have to resort essentially diving at his knees?? Pathetic.