Yankees @ Orioles - 5/26-5/28

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by AMJets, May 25, 2008.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Thank you Bobby!!!

At least someone on this team plays defense.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

surprised jeter couoldnt get the bunt down...thats one thing he can still do

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

what the hell? So the yankees have to hit in the pouring rain and they delay it for the Orioles half? effin ripped off our top of the inning.

4. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

It's MUCH harder to pitch in the rain than it is to hit. The ball is slick and breaking balls are very difficult to throw when it's wet.

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

One run lead in extra innings and Hawkins on the mound.

At least Girardi's not afraid to put a guy right back out there after he struggles so he doesn't lose all his confidence, like a certain manager I know.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

very true.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

But now he just looks stupid. Should've guessed, since it is Hawkins.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Screw Latoya Hawkins...

Call up Colter Bean or any other scrub in the minors over this bum.

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Well I guess that just about does it for Hawkins. Getting booed because of his number was the least of his problems.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

LaTroy Hawkins is out of chances. That was inexcusable.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This team just cannot sustain success, every time they look like tbhey are getting going they come back and fall on their faces.

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Are you surprised? he has always been garbage

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Again... Why Cashman brought in this career loser I'll never know... Just get him the hell out of here already...

14. jonnyd

EXACTLY! why there are so many cashman supporters on this board is amazing to me. I asked alio last week to point out some of cashmans hilites and he never responded. This man has been stealing money fromo the yankees as much as carl pavano has......how many clowns is cashman going to paade in here beforoe he can actually build a bullpen? Is it so much to ask for a lefty in the pen?? its been two fuckin years already.....cashman is garbage! worse than garbage! I HEARD SOME GUYS TALKING THIS MORNING ABOUT HOW LAST NIGHT WAS THE FIRST GAME THAT THE JOBA EXPERIMENT HAS COST THE YANKEES...LAST NIGHTS GAME WA LOST BECAUSE CASHMAN CANNOT PUT A BULLPEN TOGETHER FOR 5 YEARS RUNNING.

15. jonnyd

sorry bout the insane caps

16. jonnyd

so much for the good feelings we had after the seattle series

17. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Last night's fiasco was the most compelling argument why it's wrong to remove Joba from the bullpen at this time. Besides Mariano, he's the only guy who can pitch. Everyone else out there SUCKS! When you need to bring a pitcher in the 6th or 7th, who you gonna call? Farnsworth? Ramirez? Olendoofus? Hawkins? Please...

And don't tell me "We need to trade for [blank]". We have no quality pitching to give up. Unless you're willing to let go of Hughes, Kennedy or Joba (which you can't). To get a quality pitcher, the Yankees need to give up a quality everyday starter...and who is that going to be? Cano? His stock value has tumbled. Abreu? He's the only arm in the outfield. Matsui? His bat is getting hot. Damon? He'll be on the DL in about 2 more weeks. Giambino? Worse than washed up (so he had a decent series against the Mariners...who didn't?)

I'll be at Pinstripes In The Park tonight with about 12,000 other fans. If the Yankees suck tonight, it will be an ugly scene.

18. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Of course not. The day he was signed, it spelled disaster...It just took a meltdown to hopefully to DFA this piece of trash.

And I'll say it again, I am ready for Rossy to go down to Scranton...I like his fastball, but he just needs to work some kinks and reflect on his time in the bigs, then I'd be more than happy to call him back up later in the season.

19. Ness13

Ness13 New Member

The pitching has been a joke all season. The bullpen is made up of unproven youngsters and castoffs. Without Joba in the pen, they are in major trouble

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I was in favor of bringing him in when it happened. Shit happens. It didn't work out. He does need to go now.

You want an answer? Here:

Now please STFU.

What's wrong with Farnsworth? And what about Ramirez, you know, the guy who has a zero ERA. Ohlendorf would be better if he was only pitching one inning, but coming in for extended appearances doesn't seem to work for him. In single or two-thirds of an inning appearances, he's shut down quality.

Joba in the pen is a waste of talent. It truly amazes me that anyone who knows anything about baseball doesn't get that at this point.

Why do we need to trade for anything? Kennedy had a single bad inning last night, which the Yankees made up for. Had he not been hurt, there's no reason to believe the score would have ever been close again.