J Russell could be Manningesque

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Raiderjoe, May 26, 2008.

1. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

It's a nice thought, but on what basis? The kid has an incredible arm, but the Raiders are the Raiders. They were 22nd in sacks allowed, and 29th in number of passes attempted. That's a discouraging trend.

This is a pretty raw kid. The best thing to do would probably be to pound the rock up the gut and allow him to get McFadden the ball in space. I'm guessing the addition of Drew Carter and the presence of guys like Johnny Lee Higgins means they're going to move the ball conservatively and throw a couple of deep balls every now and then. Anyway, I doubt that will result in 28 touchdown passes.

-X-

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What's this? Raiderjoe is using a term like 'Manningesque' in a thread title? I thought I ate a bowl of drugs.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I can see 18TDs Max, but I don't know about his INTs- he's still too raw. I can see him doing 18/20, 20/26.

He's not going to wow anyone in his 1st full year. And the division they are in has soooo many great DBs that Jeaux feels is so important to have a great defense.

This Just In: Kellen Clemens can be the next Brett Farve.... Bullshit is fun.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

jeaux must always be happy

ignorance is bliss right?

seriously peyton manning? i mean ok seriously? wow......lets come back at the end of the year and get another laugh.

5. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Shotty likes to throw the ball 40+ times a game. That?s why no Jetsfan will take that bet.

OK, you think you got a great QB and some very good Targets and you think you have a top 5 Runninggame and a dominant D. Sounds like a sure thing to make at least the Playoffs. Put the Bet on the line if the Raiders will make the Playoffs or not, i?m sure you?ll find someone to take that one, and it should be a even safer bet for you, if you really belive what you say.

6. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

You're even more optimistic than I am, but I do expect him to have a solid season.

Also, anyone who thinks the Raiders piled up rushing yards in "garbage time" is wrong. First of all, as Joe pointed out, there were only a couple of games that got out of hand (Green Bay, Jacksonville), the others were competetive for the most part. Secondly, who runs the ball when they're trailing in garbage time?

7. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Because McFadden was arguably the best player on the board and taking the best player available, regardless of need, is usually a smart way to go. Furthermore, the Raiders may not have needed a running back, but they certainly needed a fast, game changing weapon for their offense, and now they just might have it.

They were also tied for 6th in average per carry at 4.1. It's not like they were getting 3 yards a pop but they ran it more than everyone else...

8. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

The raiders might actually win 5 games instead of 4 this year.

9. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Maybe taking Dorsey, who was rated as high as McFadden, and would have filled a need might have been even smarter. But we all know, Al Davis can?t resist great 40 times.

10. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Dorsey is an under tackle, as is Tommy Kelly. Whatever you may think of the Kelly signing, it would not have been smart to give Kelly a huge deal then give another huge deal to a guy who plays the same position. Especially when you've lacked a big time offensive playmaker for years and you have one staring you in the face.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with an impressive 40 time when it's attached to a guy who can play football. Ghoulston falls into the same category, doesn't he?

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Who's Ghoulston?

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

in response to the original post:

:lol: :rofl: :breakdance:

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That is the same moron writer that said the Tom Brady knew to pump fake because he knew the defensive signals. I think you finally found someone dumber than you, jeaux.

14. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I'll say this for ole' jeaux... he never disappoints...

15. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

I'll learn to spell his name when he gets a sack! :)

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

btw, the article was rubbish tripe. When I noticed the author's name was in lowercase and that he couldn't spell, I disregarded the rest of it. It's usually a good barometer.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Then enjoy Darren McFaggins.

18. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

"McFaggins" is a little over the top. Maybe I should make it "Gayston".

19. GreenMachine

You spell raiderjoe's name correctly and he has no sack

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

:rofl: WOW!