First Jet Game You Attended

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JIMsection323, Aug 23, 2007.

1. gfsec201

gfsec201 New Member

Alright - I'm new at this. Trying to respond to WW85.

That was my first game too. I was seven and I don't remember the details. I know that I liked the Raiders black uniforms.

2. SixteentoSeven

SixteentoSeven New Member

1st game, Bills - Titans at War Memorial in Buffalo, 1961 I think.

1st at Shea, I think was Jets - Chargers, night game in 1965 I think.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

83 steelers @ shea last game there.
    went on the field after my dad and his friends tailgated for hours the stadium was empty and the field was dark
    it was awesome

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

i believe it was the 1979 pre season game against the giants. i was a cowboy fan at the time. my dad took a friend and i.

after the game we tried to get season tickets to the giants, given the fact that i was a cowboys fan. they basically laughed when my dad called and asked for tickets. he then called the jets, and they basically said, "where do you want to sit"? my dad only knew 50yd line, so thats what he said. they said fine, but you have to take 4 seats. at that time they were at shea, and they had boxed off areas with 4 seats. 2 in front, 2 in back.the rest is history.

funny thing is, we were obviously on the giants waiting list, and 2 years ago they called and asked if we still wanted tickets. i coulda killed my dad when he told me he said no!

5. joeyg94

joeyg94 Member

i think the mid to late 70s agaisnt the radiers

6. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

My first two games were both this season -- both of the overtime wins, Steelers and Chiefs.

My first football game ever was Chargers @ Giants where the Chargers equipment guy was knocked out with an ice ball.

7. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

It hasn't happened for me yet but I am seriously thinking about a trip next year to the US. When to they put out the fixture for each season?

8. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

First Jets game I went to was back in 2003 or maybe 2004. My Uncle became a season ticket holder that year and always gives my dad and I a game to go to each year.

I honestly don't remember which was the first game, maybe you can remind me.

One game was Jets vs. Steelers, in a vicious snowstorm. Curtis Martin had a crazy game, and ran for like 200 yards. It was a very boring game, though, and I think the Jets won 6-0 or something like that.

The other game was Jets vs. Bengals, and I don't remember much about the game except that the Jets made a nice comeback, and completed like 3 2-point conversions all on the same play, play-action Tight-end fade.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The Bengal game was '01 and the Steelr game '03.

10. Iownnamathssbjersey

Iownnamathssbjersey New Member

first jet game ever was a preseason game and it was the one vs the giants where pennington first broke his rotator cuff. the first regular season game was our fourth win of 2008 vs the ever popular herm edwards and his kc chiefs

11. nyjunc

Chad broke his hand/wrist in the Giants preseason game of '03, he hurt his rotator cuff originally at Buf in the reg season of '04 and did it again vs. jax in '05.

12. JETS_Mogul

JETS_Mogul Member

I've been a JETS fan for 10 years and haven't yet gone to a game. I'm hoping to go to one this year at the Meadowlands.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I would say stop going to games because you are bad luck, but I bet many people have bad records going to Jets games.

14. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I just want to ask a question: 3 years back I was at a Jets/Saints game. Sunday night, Jets lost.

Early on, the Jets got a touchdown taken off the board on a Laverneus Coles catch. If anyone remembers:

Did he really not get both feet in? What happened?
    Could you hear the really loud chants of "BULL-SHIT" we had going on on ESPN?

15. nyjunc

It was the correct call, a player needs to maintain possession even after he hits the ground on out of bounds and EZ plays. if the ball shuffles at all(even if it never hits the ground) it is not considered a catch. Unfortunately it was the proper call.

If you can remember back to 2002 also on a Sunday Night this time against Miami we had a similar call go in our favor as what looked like a Chris Chambers TD was correctly overturned b/c the ball moved as he hit the ground.

16. njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs New Member

My first game was in 1997 which was an home opening day lost to the Bills and then I was able to go to home opening day of the 1998 season against the Ravens which was a lost as well.

But I was hooked since those two games and I am really pumped to go to my first Jets game in 10 years on Saturday. :jets:

#76 njdevils2003champs, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  17. Lord of Sec. 107 row

My first game dates back to the Titians at the Polo Grounds

18. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I was at that game i rememeber the bullshit chants. I actually got into a fight with some jerk off in section 313. Hey dick if your out there go fuck yourself!!!!!

19. panos

panos New Member

Opening day of 2004 season against the Bengals. Jets won 31-24. Great game by Martin and Chad...I was a happy man that day.

20. nyjunc

Those were home openers not Opening Day games. In '97 we beat Seattles 4-13 and in '98 we lost at SF on the Grrison hearst run in OT.

Again, it was the correct call unfortunately.