Can you be a fan of both the Jets and Dolphins?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, May 13, 2008.

?

Can you be a fan of BOTH the Jets and Dolphins?

1. yes

5.9%
  2. no

94.1%
  1. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Actually, Aaron Glenn was the only Jets player to actually try to make a play on the ball but it was a jump ball and he wasn't tall enough to get to it. All the rest of the Defense just stood around with their thumbs up their butts. Actually, it was the Mud Bowl where they didn't put a tarp on the field (and refused to turn on the pumps) that solidified my hatred for that team. Add in all the fans with Marino jerseys and...

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Easily one of the dumbest questions I've ever seen on this site and that's saying something.

Dude, pick a side and don't look back...

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i don't see why not i'm a jet-dolphin, yanks -red sox,red wing-blackhawk,knicks-heat,syracuse-gtown,ohio state-michigan tiger-phil mickelson, mets-braves fan

4. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

nope...he just didn't get there in time...but he did try:up: That play is why I can't ever be a dolphin fan.

Click here if you're a glutton for punishment:mad:

NSFS (Not Safe For Sunshiners)

edit:needless to say, I voted no because I cant ever be both. That doesn't mean someone else can't though.

#64 brothermoose, May 13, 2008
    Last edited: May 13, 2008
  5. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

i wish i had 4 screen names, so i could give that poll 4 "no"'s

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Your Fuckin' Kidding Me, Right?
    "i'm a vegitarian, but i love steak"

#66 Jersey Joe 67, May 13, 2008
    Last edited: May 19, 2008
  7. ToESonNoES58

ToESonNoES58 New Member

Hypothetically, if he wasn't kidding...what would your reaction be?

8. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

I love the dolphins...
    Mostly because the Jets sh*t on them everytime they play each other!

9. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Dolphins=Ultimate Evil

This is such a ridiculous question that whoever asked it should be kicked off this f'n board.

ANYONE who has rooted for the NY Jets should know that the rivalry between the Jets and the Dolphins is even more intense than the piddling contest between the Yankees and Sawx. I watched too many games between the Jets and 'Fins to have anything but an intense hatred for those aquatic mammals.

Anyone who claims to be a Jets fan this needs to get off this message board.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

ARE U FN KIDDING ME MAN..... that's the first rule you hate div rivals by DEFAULT..

11. GreenMachine

afternoondelight, bengalrex, Bigoljetairliner28, Bretschi, ChadFan, Jtuds

All mentally challenged,,Jtuds is Canadian, though.

12. majmjr1

majmjr1 New Member

Noooo way, I live in south florida and there are no jet-dolphin fans. I hate the dolphins and they hate the jets. There is no way u can root for both teams

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'll admit that I was a Packers fan when I was 7. I didn't know about the sport but saw Brett Farve beat up on the Faget Pats and thats when I was introduced to football. When I learned the sport a year later, and I became more of a Giants fan, while rooting for the Jets to do well until the 2000 year. After the Giants SB loss I fell out of love with the team, I don't read news about them anymore- give a shit about their players or what they do in the postseason. But.... I do respect them as a team and did root for them in the SB only because of my genetic predisposition to hating the Patriots. I wondered if the Jets made it and lost would I go back to the Giants or another team, but I didn't like the Giants as much as this team when I favored them over the Jets. I couldn't leave this team if they pulled what the Bills did with losing the SB 4 times in a row. Haha Bills.

My first piece of Jet news was the loss to Denver in 98. I was really sad for the Jets, then once I heard about Belichek's betrayal I was infuriated with the Pats even more than ever, and became the Diehard Jets fan I am now.

I can understand loving one team and kindfully respecting another team, or being a previous fan of them. But they cannot be division rivals. The Jets and Giants are NY teams, and play in different conferences. You can't like two teams in the same division equally that have a hated history - what side do you take when seeing what takes play on the field? Do you just go "cool!!" and thats it?

#73 NDmick, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Well, take it from born and raised New Yorker Jets fans...you simply CANNOT be a fan of both teams. Besides, even when the Jets don't play the Dolphins straight up, you're hoping they LOSE in order for us to stay in the AFC East race. The same goes for the Bills. So I don't now when you're "partially rooting" for them during the season. Unless Jason Taylor gave you some new reasons to root about THIS offseason.

This statement alone makes you sound like a tool. You only root for a team because all your other friends do too. If I was your friends who rooted for the Dolphins I'd be telling you exactly the same thing everyone on here is telling you. You cannot LOVE the Jets if you're gonna partially root for the Dolphins. Choose a side.

Seriously, keep you charity. We don't want it, and we have a hard enough time dealing with our own fans as evident by some of the threads started here. Either way, I'd still take them being Jets fans over you anyday.

Not turning against fellow Jets fans...I'm turning against partial Jets/Dolphins fans. If you thought you explained yourself to make it more acceptable...then you...guy...have FAILED!

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would hate to hear the reaction if fish fans on one of their forums knew this was a question being discussed here. Not cool...

16. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Looking through an NFL merchandise catalog once, a friend of mine paused at the official NFL lingerie section...

[​IMG]

A slightly awkward pause.

"Say you met a really hot girl, got her back to your place and in the process of removing her clothing you found that she had Dolphins lingerie on. Could you go through with it?"

I really don't think I would want to go any further.

17. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

It would give a whole 'nother definition to..."Sticking it to the Dolphins".

18. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

That's just gay dude...besides they're all pink on the inside and smell like fish down there.

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

It's like asking if it is OK to find an oscar meyer in a tossed salad.

20. Kadiddlehopper

Not really, look around when ya play us here. More green than aqua.