JETS SIGNING sends a message

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETS, Apr 29, 2008.

1. JETSJETS

JETSJETS Member

I think that Tannenbaum and Mangini are sending a really good message to the rest of the team when signing guys like Woodhead and Jehuu Caulcrick. It lets them see guys who achieve great things in the face of adversity the quiet untold lessons are a great way to keep potential stars and veterans focused and striving to get better and not take their talents for granted and That may be the best thing to come from signing these great character guys.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Sorry, but I really don't think TJ and Leon and Tony Richardson are scared of these guys' character or impressed with these guys credentials. Every single Jet has more credentials than anyone we signed as a UDFA.

3. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Uhh, there is a good chance these guys don't even make the team.

4. JETSJETS

JETSJETS Member

the statement went more to showing what motivated players can achieve in the face or adversity, Leon Washington is another example, but players who achieve when able to play ball under normal circumstances, wheather it be starting in Pop Warner or High School compared to a kid like Jehuu who had to deal with growing up in a war zone can give them insight to how lucky they are and just might give them additional motivation to improve their game

5. JETSJETS

JETSJETS Member

whether they maake the team or not, their on a NFL team, and most players who play ball will never get a chance to ever say that.

The best player you ever saw play the game probably never went anywhere, you really have to be a gifted player to make it to the NFL.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

7. flgreen

flgreen New Member

I don't know about sending anyone a message, but I do think these two guys have a much better chance of making the team then most walk on FA's do. Which is usually very slim. Couple of reasons

I don't think it was an accident that Tutt was cut to make room for Caulcrick. If he can prove that he can move the pile, I think he has an excellent chance.

Woodhead is a really interesting player. First off, the Jets must have set a record getting this kid signed after the draft. I think they believe they have a sleeper here.

I know the kid went to a very small school, but 4.33 speed is lighting. 8,000 yards is a ton of yards in any division. IMO if he can return punts, he will find a home.

Perhaps on the PS at first. Just a feeling

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

players get signed every year after the draft by every team. it is far from a message, it is just how NFL teams are run.

9. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Yeah....can't agree with you here. This is what nfl teams do, sign players that will attend this weekends training camps to see what they got. The rest of the team isn't going to raise an eyebrow at the UDFA's...

I like some of the guys we signed...just no need overthinking this since every team does the same thing.

10. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

here is the message:

Much like the other 31 teams, we will be signing some Undrafted FA this season and bringing them into camp, on the off chance one of them will make the roster or end up on the practice squad... if not, they will be cut

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bingo. These 'diamonds in the rough' are so rare that I don't even bother paying attention to UDFAs anymore unless they actually see the field in pre-season.

12. JETSJETS

JETSJETS Member

I understand that all teams sign UDFA and that most will be cut, I just feel that the Jets organization makes a point of signing certain types of guys that bring more to the table than footbal skills (and these guys defianately have some potential) and they hope that these guys make a difference in the teams outlook regardless of them makeing the team in the end. Just an observation IMHO

13. ToESonNoES58

ToESonNoES58 New Member

Totally agree...we may be the land of opportunity, but Tutt and Kowaleski might have a different opinion...

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not bashing your thread, I just don't personally get excited by UDFAs unless they make some noise on the field.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I doubt Tutt and Kowalewski have a reason to complain, we gave them a shot, in fact we gave them a year, which is way more than 90% of UDFA's ever get. While I still don't agree with cutting Kowalewski over Pociask, I can definately say, they know what they had in the kid, so they feel they can upgrade that with these UDFA's

16. D2fan

D2fan New Member

As a fan of DW I hope he is one of those diamonds in the rough that makes it big.

17. sect105

sect105 New Member

Most of the UFA Rookies in the NFL are signed just so the teams can run a decent Rookie Mini Camp.

18. Denny

Denny Active Member

Funny this happens every year. Everyone wants to call out the diamond in the rough. I got no problem with it. Woodhead is fast but tiny. And Jehuu Caulcrick is a load who I think has potential I just think he will be getting hit by bigger bodies then those in the video.

Remember this UDFA. I was pulling for him with his hard hitting. Too bad he couldn't handle the information.

'With his long flowing hair, hustle and hard hits, former UH safety Leonard Peters is making an impression with the New York Jets. The Jets signed Peters to a free-agent contract after the former Kahuku star went undrafted.'

Scott Terna / Special to The Honolulu Advertiser
    [​IMG]

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

actually, I think the Jets signed these players to help build the stadium which will send the message that they want players that will do anything for the team, including hard labr and construction. see how far I can expand the meaning of the signings? this is fun!

20. Denny

Denny Active Member

ROFLMAO :rofl: