Jets Sign Danny Woodhead

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Apr 27, 2008.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I hope he makes the team, 4.33 speed is enough to show he has some talent. If he turns out to be good can you imagine the Washington/Woodhead combo in the future? Talk about speed and shiftyness.

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

They wont love him like they loved Cherbet lol.

It least not yet. Cherbet was a very good player for the Jets. Let's see if this kid makes it out of TC before we start comparing him to #80.

3. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

Who doesn't love a cinderella story ? I hope the kid turns out to be a pro bowler.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They say he wasn't drafted because of his height yet he is only 1/2 inch shorter than Washington so I can see him making the team in some capacity.

5. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

we should have kept danny ware

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

That's what I meant however, if he makes it out of TC and is our main return guy, as soon as he has his first big return, the fans will love him for his cinderella factor. if he can hang on the squad a few years, he could be the Chrebet like fan-favorite for this new age of fans.

7. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

RUDY...RUDY...RUDY. This kid put up some good stats, granted it's DivII, but he obviously knows how to run. He'll have some major work to do to adjust to the NFL...but then again, so did one of the greatest Jets of all time, Wayne Chrebet. I wish him well.

8. D2fan

D2fan New Member

Woodhead

Hey All,
    Looks like I'm gonna be a jets fan now! I hope DW gets a legit shot and does well. It was awesome watching him in college for 4 years. Great guy, great player. A true fan favorite in college. He has really good hands so he can be used in the slot, return man or out of the backfield on screens. Not likely big enough for 20 carries in the NFL but has to speed to take it all the way in the open field. Here are some clips from college.
    youtube.com/watch?v=0ojZvQrxnzs[/url]
    youtube.com/watch?v=rpPcT6e6U_s[/url]
    2.csc.edu/athletics/profiles/default.php?player=977[/url]

I will be watching from Nebraska!

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Welcome to the board D2 and we too are hoping that Danny can not only make our team, but find his way on to the field and succeed, and help us get to a championship!

10. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I wouldnt be surprised to see him tried out as a WR he has good hands is fast I see him as an attempt at Wes Welker small agile guy to go across the middle is used to taking hits as a RB so could work out. Ill root for him to make the team.

11. D2fan

D2fan New Member

I think a slot WR or screen person would be his best chance in the NFL.
    dannywoodhead.com

12. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

No chance in hell... this guy is LISTED at 5'7 1/2" but hes no taller then 5'6".

13. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

The Jets must like RMAC guys. They signed Jackie Crisp from Colorado School of Mines and now Woodhead from Chadron State. The only other one I know of from Chadron in the NFL was Don Beebe. Seems like same kind of guy.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This guys bio is very impressive.

15. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Best Case scenario is a lesser mix of Welker, and Westbrook.

16. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

His measurables (other than his height) were devastating. Not only (if compared against the combine) did he run the second fastest 40 of all running backs (mcfadden is just a hair faster -- not even the blink of an eye faster), but he had the best vertical leap, and the best agility drill. That's scary isn't it? What more do you need to say that someone can succeed?

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

All I know is that this kid is going to play his heart out in training camp. I can definitely see him impressing the brass enough to keep him on the team.

18. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Bingo. Danny "Give Me" Woodhead will be frequently seen this year lining up as a receiver out of the backfield and in the slot.

19. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

The best case scenario is that he becomes a gamebreaking scat-back-receiver hybrid. The worst case scenario is that he breaks his neck. Most likely is that he'll bring back memories of Bruce Harper as he emerges into a clutch, big-play, third down/change-of-pace back/receiver.

He outweighs Welker by about 15lbs. His hands might not be quite as good but he's quicker, faster and more agile the Welkster. He's just a tiny bit shorter and the same weight as Westbrook but he's also quicker and faster than the Eagles' standout RB. I predict he will be a home run threat every time he touches the ball which will hopefully be 5-10 times a game.

20. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Riyo Mori, Miss Universe 2007 (Japan)