Worst Draft Ever

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He's not a real doctor. He just plays one on TV.

2. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I agree, I guess maybe because I'm in my 40s but the rants on this thread and on the board is ridiculous. I'm guessing most of these idiots are the x generation who think their 10 years of watching football gives them insight that the FO doesn't have. How can anyone portend a draft without letting it play out. The bottom line is that the FO made efforts this off season to improve the team. Some of the moves were debatable and will see how well they work out. But when you start going to the 4th, 5th, and later rounds its a crap shoot.

3. People just havent learned that you cant get your hopes set on one player/position at a given spot. The odds of ANY franchise making that come true(unless you're talking about a predetermined # 1 overall pick) are slim to none.

4. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

did you even read my reply? is it personal? no,
    im just tired of reading all of his dumb ass comments about our team and this years draft, hes one out of a 1,000 gg members that thinks every move we've made this off season and the draft sucked, and if he feels that way he obviously has some issues!

5. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

The thing is I don't think you've read your own post. "You're fucking moron.." is VERY personal. Come on now. If he thinks every move the Jets have made sucked..that's his opinion. You don't have to agree with it..but it's his right. This shouldn't be a site where everyone agrees.

And by the way...whomever said that ESPN said the Jets had the best draft. Give me a name or link. I have not seen nor heard anyone say that.

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

F*** you for calling it the worst draft ever...Wake up D***weed...

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its amazing how many people are truly uninformed, and yet make comments anyway as if they have all the information.

If someone is not totally sure on something, go do your Homework on it, and then form an opinion. I have no opinion on any pick from day 2- i didn't read up on those guys, since i targeted others in those rounds. I wanted other guys for my team, but i am not the expert. The FO are the experts.

The two I do know alot about are the #1 or #2 ranked prospects at their positions, and from what i have saw on film, read from people with more information than me, and on a gut feeling, i love our day one- and i understand the Keller pick, which is something most aren't.

Worst Draft Ever??? Why type that? Your opinion is less due to the foolish thread tittle.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Calling this the worst draft ever shows a shocking lack of knowledge about the team you follow. The odds of this being the worst draft ever by the Jets is power ball lottery odds. We could have taken the last 6 rated players on our draft board and still likely not had the worst draft in Jets history.

In three years we should have a good idea if the coaching staff has the ability to put the players they selected in position to exploit the talent they percieved. This may well turn out to be a terrible draft, it could turn out to be a blockbuster impact draft that creates the base of a great winning team? Did we get a HOF player who will turn the fortunes of this team on his outstanding play? Probably not but we can hope until at least October.

9. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

Is the 'Boys' in "Jet n Boys", for Cow-boys?
    Or is that you like The Jets, and boys?

10. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

Who's more foolish? The fool or the fools who follow him?

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

yeah, then i can wipe my ass with it, and you can use it as an air freshner in your car:martin:

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Yeah, I am OK with the draft. Gholston certainly seems like he is solid. I read where somebody said the Gholston was another Vilma. I do not think so. Gholston is like 25 pounds bigger (all muscle) than Vilma and one has to say that on paper, Gholston was definitely worth the #6 pick. The TE was an interesting pick up that I didn't see coming. One never knows - Barkum or Toon may be back to an extent. I see it as a good pick. I read where people don't understand why Baker has not received his money........simple, in a few words, Baker is not Coles. I am not saying that the Jets should have gone overboard with Coles, but the guarantee move by the Jets was prudent, without going completely nuts. Baker is under contract for 2 more years and he better just shut up a come to play ball because there are players in town very capable of taking his job away - permanently.

The Jets still need to focus on signing everyone and getting them into the weightroom ASAP and to practice on time. The Robertson move should do that. The Ainge draft - I guess we needed a 3rd string QB - why is that a bad signing or a waste as I has read elsewhere? I will always say - if you get to your 3rd string QB, your season is over.

We picked up another CB - makes sense to me; if he can be coached, he will likely make a contribution. I think we picked up a tackle, too. I know the guy was a late rounder, fine, we coach him and see if it pans out.

To say this was a bad draft for the Jets is just wrong. I think we will go into the season well equipped, excited to play ball, and be ready for our season. People worry about the QB situation. I do not at all. Even if Pennington plays this season because he wins the job, we have the talent on this team to be successful. I still think Clemens wins out, but it is not a lock. If QB were a serious problem, then our FO would have had that as a priority and would have definitely done something about it. All I can say is this year there will be no excuses for any QB on our team with the exception of maybe Ainge. Our QB's should be protected; that has to translate into better play regardless of who is in there.

13. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

Heres my question for Tannenbaum- If Keller was a reach, why on earth did you throw away a 4th rounder to move up 6 spots and take him? Thats what I thought was stupid. THey should have stood pat and if he was gone, oh well. They could have kept the 4th rounder and drafted an area of need like OL, WR, CB or ILB. I dont like trading up and drafting a hybrid type who doesnt really fill an area of need.

14. SouthBayJetsfan4life

So having said that....no one should say anything.

If anything...this draft lacked star power, which we as fans crave. Honestly...when I heard that the Jets drafted a tight end in the first round. I asked "why?" Baker is a good TE, when given the opportunity. Unless Keller is the second coming of Kellen Winslow, I thought this was a wasted pick. Right now, I'm in wait and see mode. If Keller or any of the other draft picks don't work out, all doubters will be back out in force saying "I told you so" and all the sunnysiders will either say nothing,or will have excuses to why Tangini screeed up.

15. SouthBayJetsfan4life

Good post...

I was thinking the same thing.

For a team that allegedly wants to build through the draft, I don't understand they more or less give away picks.

16. mphtrilogy

mphtrilogy New Member

I liked our draft.

Boosted needs on our D at edge pass rush, and CB, grabbaed an interesting prospect at TE, as it appears we will be smash mouthing the football and playing 2 TE coverage, Added depth at the OL and WR position with hopefully a gem in there and added a potential QB in the future or a 3rd stringer.. who the hell ever knows on this stuff in Ainge.

Could be an excellent draft as well.

None of us know Jack here, but I like the gameplan.

And I liked the FA Woodhead signing as well. That could be fun to watch in camp.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I would have the say the fool who follows you.

18. kennyo07

kennyo07 New Member

I think what many are missing with the Keller pick is that he is going to put up WR #2 type of numbers. Our receiving corp now is made of Coles, Cothery and Keller. You can expect Keller to be in the 60-70 catch 800-900yds and 5-7TD range his rookie year AND this will only get better over time.

We have a hybrid super athletic tight end. The guy ran a 4.5 and weighs 245 pounds...come on that is awesome. Many WR's in the 195 - 215 pound range ran a 4.5 including the guy Henry we drafted in RD 6...

The fact is we have a big athletic fast receiver who can catch as good as a WR. This is a great pick and not a reach. If it still does not make sense look at Cleveland's team with Braylon Edwards, Jerivicous and Winslow. You think of Winslow in terms of his receiving abilities, well that is how to think of Keller.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I enjoy the draft for the excitement and curiosity of who will be drafted, but I don't give a shit or even dare to attempt to project how it will pan out until they...drum roll please - actually play some freaking football!

but everyone has to flaunt their expertise in football scouting. me, I'll wait until the games begin.

20. SouthBayJetsfan4life

In NO shape, form or fashion would I put this rookie in the same sentence as Kellen Winslow III.

Let's see what the kid does on the field (and how the Jets plan to use him) before we start making GRAND comparisons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.