Worst Draft Ever

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theanalogkid

theanalogkid New Member

None of those CBs would likely have an immediate impact on the defense. The Jets don't need another #1 CB, they need a #2. Assuming there is a salary cap in the near future, the likely hood of keeping both McKelvin and Revis when their contracts are up is slim to none. Maybe Justin Miller turned the corner and will be a decent #2 this year. That's as much of a crap shoot as drafting a CB and hoping for the same thing.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think a CB selection in this years deep crop at the position would have been wise. Also, CB is a safer pick than TE as most Jets fans have learned the hard way.

We need a starting CB and I would rather have two # 1 CBs than a # 1 and a # 3.

Miller jas the speed but is a long shot to be anything more than a nickel unless we can stay healthy and keep his head in the game.

3. rillo

rillo New Member

Worst_Thread_Ever...

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Seriously. Time for a throwback AJ Duhe jersey for you, no?

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

STFU? Is that something from the bible?

6. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

amen to that Griffdog!!

7. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

STFU = Shut The Fvck Up!!! :)

8. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Ok I understand we are the New york Jets, we have made some horrible draft decisions but that was old GM's and old coaches this is a new team if this draft is bad then please say the following players suck
    Harris, Revis, Clemens (ok thats a little debatable) Leon Washington, Mangold, and Ferguson
    they must all suck if this is the worst draft
    The Draft is when the NCAA say here are our best and the NFL teams say we THINK that this person can help us. emphasis on the word think

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No, you fuck YOURself, asshole.

You have no idea what the hell you're talking about...you're bashing players that you've never seen play, or never heard of and it's annoying.

Give these guys at least 2 seasons before you call this a bad draft.

In the meantime, go suck a dick.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

....hilarious, mainly because some guy actually tried to tell you what it stood for.

11. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Relax. Or you are heading to the ban-zone. Everyone needs to clam down, take a deep breath and get some perspective.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I've been with you and Mr. Electric the whole time. Some of the more ignorant posters are averting me away from these boards.

13. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Backup there buddy. The Jets drafted Lowery in the 4th. Now just because you never heard of him, doesn't mean he is going to suck. He could very well turn in another starting CB for us. Remember Asante Samuel and Kerry Rhodes were drafted in the 4th.

How about we give the kid a chance before we relegate him to a 2nd stinger.

14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The only reason he did that was because he was an avid Gholston hater... and he's sorta stupid.

Anyways this is a really stupid thread. What exactly did you want the Jets to draft? Nobody drafted a WR until past our 2nd 1st round pick pretty much. I didn't know anything about Keller but from what people have told me about him he seems like he can contribute right away.

All you cry babies are really making this site a waste of time. I understanding opposing moves but with absolutely idea of what the outcome is going to be your just pleading to ignorance.

#74 JackBower, Apr 27, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Relax, everyone. A lot of these posts our way over the line. Tensions are high, but keep it civil.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think Lowery would be a better prospect at safety unless we switch to a cover two. Before the draft I thought Mangini wanted a cover corner. In a corner class this deep I would have preferred more speed at the position.

17. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

My opinion of you is the same as my asshole....you're both full of shit...

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We have to have the worst fans in the NFL. Is every teams main board as bad as this? On paper the Jets just had a really nice draft, we'll see how it actually works out in a couple years.

19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

You have to remember that Samuel had many many knocks against him as well, he was drafted in the 4th and looked how he turned out. Same with Rhodes. Remember Mangini is a DB guy if nothing else. He obviously sees something in Lowery, even if only as a safety.

As for speed, we have to see what he does in game situations and with some NFL coaching and conditioning.

He was just not a name people have been throwing around, so everyone feels shorted. But we all have to keep some perspective and give these players time.

20. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Seriously, talk about overreacting. Not only did we get a LOT of talent in this draft on either side of the ball, but none of them have played a down on an NFL football field yet. I can understand dissatisfaction but the downright hatred with this draft from some of these people is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.