Worst Draft Ever

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'll go a bit further and say that I don't think the Jets should use a tight end ever again because of those fuckers Becht and Brady.

2. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Agreed on MLB. I thought for sure we'd spend a late pick on one. Would rather have picked up any MLB than Ainge.

3. ny4eva22

ny4eva22 New Member

Yea its hard to judge a draft and the players you got before they even play a snap u idiot...

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

You really cant smell the sarcasm?

5. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Not after the past 2 days. The stupidity on this board has numbed my brain. After some of the shit I have read, nothing would surprise me.

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Honestly, your avatar is fucking with me. Is that a fucking tumor? Its disgusting for damn sure.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I was just wondering what position Brick and Mangold play?

8. JetsLookingforDWare

I completely agree.

I honestly would just skip our first round pick every year because we've had busts at every position, but our coaching staff really is too young, ignorant, and plain stupid to realize that.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

the originator of this thread should go play in traffic.

10. GreenMachine

Isn't this the same group of cry babies who wanted the Jets to make FA moves?

11. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I can only say.....If the Jets' wanna really contend this season & be entertaining....they better be bringing in some good undrafted F.A.'s....or there gonna come up short again.

Somebody said...how can u judge a draft so early ? Well, when u look at the teams needs & then look at what they acquired.....if the needs exceeed what u drafted...then ur still short. It's just basic budgeting...:)

In this case...The Jets' got a much needed pass rusher, another CB, TE/WR, a tall WR, a 7th rd OL & will he even make team? A 4th or 5th rd OL has a much better chance of contributing ...

So for me....DE/DT, ILB, RT & who plays LT if D'brick goes down; or who plays NT if Jenkins goes down. If the answer is Pouha...then who subs for him at NT. This is what I mean about building a team & depth on a successful team. This is Tanginis' 3rd draft & the foundation of the team is still missing. The bright side is .....I guess the Jets' are closer to finishing the building. :wink:

12. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

This thread is absurdly stupid.

13. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Yeah...I can live with this draft, but the Ainge pick gets me also. Woodson was out there. Ainge was terrible everytime I saw him on t.v.

Atayh Rubin DT/NT was on the board available...unreal. This is a move that wil bite the Jets' in November. :mad:

14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Usually it's a good idea to grade a draft before any of them have played an NFL snap. Might as well start giving final exams to college students the day they move in freshman year.

15. chetsjets16

chetsjets16 New Member

this draft was not a disaster

1. Gholston is a freak and will be a dominant pass rusher for the next 10-11 years
    1a. Keller has ridiculous speed and can run over guys. His blocking could be improved but that is not why the jets drafted him. Check out 'Dustin Keller Ultimate Highlight' on youtube and youll see what i mean
    4. Lowery projects to be a good safety next to rhodes (another 4th round gem)
    5. Ainge has the size and tools to succeed. he was a 4 year starter at Tennesee, an SEC powerhouse.
    6. Howard was a clear need pick at WR but he supposedly is slow and inconsistent. Atleast he is big.
    7. Garner is one guy i know nothing about so im not going to say anything about him.

16. Jetman36

Jetman36 New Member

Well said...

The truth is NOBODY has a clue what kind of draft we had. Why? These guys have yet to practice yet...

17. NYJets1135

NYJets1135 New Member

18. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

By that logic, would Rubin even make the team? After all, he went as a 6th rounder. Oh of course he would, he's gonna be a superstar. Why? Because you wanted him.

19. jcc72

jcc72 New Member

Must not have watched the Super Bowl. Just in case you missed it - the Super Bowl will run through NE and/or Indy and the only way to beat them is to constantly try and pound Brady & Manning. In a West Coast Offense the TE is one of the most important positions. This guy will be one of the fastes players on our team and i bet will be used as a WR.

20. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

In my many years of draft experience, I have come to the simple conclusion that all draft analysts are idiots.

Unless they agree with you. Then they have a lot of insight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.