Dwight Lowery, Welcome to the New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by savinoRB2, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I think we both know that ive heard of this pick. While im excited hes on the Jets, Im not sure he was the best option. However, with that said he can turn into a very productive nickle/safety. Great ballhawking skills, good return man, very smart.

2. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

Im guessing he was drafted more for a contribution on special teams rather than to be our starting #2 CB

3. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

well we will never know till the season starts. Mangini did make Troy Brown a decent corner let alone we still have justin miller. Maybe we can pick up andre dyson for another year since we cut him.

They are making good picks if they pan out since most of these seem prototype players.

Like some people dont like that Keller pick but he was as fast as the receivers and he was originally a WR so we should be good.

Plus any player is a reach just look at Ryan Leaf and any other but that was highly regarded by other teams

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Exactly. Too many Jet fans on this site don't deserve a good team. Bunch of cry baby complainers. Complain about everything. Let the experts make the decisions, stop questioning moves made by people who know a million times more then you do.

5. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. Lowery's #25, every pick here he gets the jump on the receiver, like the ball was being thrown to him. Slow, but awesome reading the play and great hands

edit: sorry, missed the link in the earlier post. My bad.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_LKUYxnkaI[/YOUTUBE]

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I already posted this video. Check Page 1.

Anyway, he looks good. Let's hope Mangini can turn him into a great CB.

7. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

this kid has awesome hands. I could definitely see him playing next to kerry rhodes

8. kennyo07

kennyo07 New Member

thats what round 6 and 7 picks are for, not a decent rd 4 spot. I like the pick but make no mistake about it, picks made in the 4th are made with the intent to start, not ride the pine and contribute in practice.

9. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I like this guy as a safety, or a slot corner. We don't have many guys with ball skills like this.

-X-

10. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

MR Electric -- I mostly always agree with what you say. People don't know shit and they add there 2 cents and are always pesimistic about everything. No one does homework and drafts as well as our FO so before people say shit please do a little research. --that said anyone think we would put him at FS. he used to play it I think and with his ball skills and ability to read plays it could be an option if not used heavily in zone coverages

11. Jet_Loser

Jet_Loser New Member

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

he does have good hands, but hes even better at reading and jumping routes. With his lack of speed, he will have to keep that up if he wants to excel in the NFL.

13. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

People should just get over the fact that we do not draft the names we are familiar with.There is a reason why Dre Moore was still on the board when we picked.I just heard on NFL network that Moore came on late, as late as the last 5 games, what the hell was he doing in college the rest of the time.If he doesnt do it for 11 games a season what makes you think he will do it for 16.I am happy with what the FO has done, every year the cry babies will cry when their favorites are not picked.Let it be so.My trust is in the FO, not some so alled fans who think they know it all.

14. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Hey, I can finally get my old Nick Lowery jersey out of the closet again, fantastic! :lol:

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

HAHAHA! Waste not, want not! :lol:

16. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I'm gonna take a wild shot in the dark here and guess that you don't like this pick.

17. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

The point about Lowery is all the interceptions he's made in the last two years. This guy is a ball hawk -- he gets that he's supposed to INTERCEPT the ball, not just defend the wide-out.

So many of these candidates have great straight line speed but they are track stars that don't always know what to do when the ball is thrown.

This guy has some techniques down and some techniques he needs to learn, according to what the tapes show.

We happen to have a very good secondary coaching capability on the NYJs.

Looks like a good pick -- let's see what the NYJ CS does with him.

18. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Number Blind, are we? :breakdance:

19. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

:lol:

I need them to draft a Brady, K. Johnson, Chrebet and Martin to recycle.

20. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

I unlike a lot of posters here, really like this pick. Great Ball Skills... had 9 INT's last year and 5 this season and missed 5 games with injury. He was on pace to lead the NCAA in INT's for the second straight season. Very good value here, should be at worst a Nickel Corner. I'm thinking they project him more as a FS though. Willing tackler, with a nose for the ball... I'll take it