Dustin Keller, our new TE- Welcome to New York

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by notjustQBs, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

this pick is total bullshit!!!

how the fuck do you pick a TE, which we don't need, if you just pay baker the $ he deserves, and give up another pick, at that?

we have been complaing on this site about how few picks, and how many needs, we still have. then we go and give up another fuckin' pick for a position we did'nt use, or need to upgrade?!!!!

all you guys are smokin' crack if you don't see the fuck up in this move.not saying anything about his playing ability, but is he really worth a second round, and fourth round pick? 2 fuckin' picks!!! do you realize this?

THIS GUY COST US 2 PICKS!!!!!!!!!!:drunk:

2. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

This is a great pickup. He is a big hitting WR. This will work out very well for the Jets.

3. lightning

lightning Active Member

Soooooo, you wouldn't want a shockey minus the attitude? Idk, i think if i had a guy that translated that well i would give up a 2nd and a fourth. Especially with how well a dynamic TE could open up things for the O.

4. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

well we finally have a tight end that can split the seams and open up our two best recievers(coles and cotchery)....guarentee the giants were gonna take him so the jets made the trade... i am happy with this pick so whatever...you see his highlight really...hes nasty....

stop bitchin everyone....if you were a draft expert...you would be a analyst for the nfl...but none of you are so let our front office make the moves....this is a new regime....i guarantee this is a good move

well not guarentee but im very confident:wink:

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

He cost us 1 pick a 4th and we suck at TE and have for years. The fact that people think Baker is good is just an indication of how much we have actually sucked at TE. Baker is good in comparrison to other Jets TE not to actually good NFL TE's.

6. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

Wow.
    Jeremy Shockey, like the recently drafted Dustin Keller, is nothing more than an overgrown WR. Keller is our slot guy. He can RUN, he can CATCH, and he can basically overpower defenders. In one of the highlights, he stampedes over one of the CB en route to picking up a TD. I would take this guy over any of the WR's available. Would YOU rather have a rookie WR who is mostly gonna alternate with another wideout or a TE who, if Schottenheimer develops a two TE-set, can be on the field the majority of the time...

7. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Just WOW... cost us two picks... how so... we moved up 8 spots and it cost us a 4th rounder...

"No... it can't be that our TE's sucked... Baker is good..."

ummm... newsflash... only people who think he's good, well they live on this board, and oh yeah in the Baker household. He's an average TE, nothing more, nothing less...

"We don't throw to the TE..."

ok... see answer # 1. If he's the only viable option, a slow footed TE, that does not create seperation, struggles blocking, who's best catch in his career was ruled a no catch is the only option, it's almost self evident why the TE isn't a focal part of the offense, much less an option in the offense

Now, we bring in a true pass recieving threat at the TE position, with a good frame, great hands and fantastic speed for his size, creates seperation, is mismatch for LB's and Safeties so that the TE position CAN be used in the offense, and it's as if the sky is falling all over again on this board.

Somehow, I think this coaching staff / front office is much more well informed than any we've had in recent memory, and based on the track record of quality draft picks they've had up to and including this draft, I'm going to have to say they know what they are doing.

8. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Considering the fact that he can't block, he better be able to do what you are saying, well anyway I hope this pays off, although I won't get my hopes up

9. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

And it was the lower 4th from the Saint's. This is a good swap.

10. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

+1 signed. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Baker.

11. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

my sentiments excatly

12. Y4NK335

Y4NK335 Member

I hated the pick at first, but after finding some stuff out about this guy it might not be so bad after all..

13. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

he only cost us one pick, i see this guy as a mismatch for opposing defenses

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I have no comment on the player. I just crack up when I see the "Welcome to NY Dustin Keller" thread right next to the "Dustin Keller = Bust" thread. :lol:

15. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Mr. Pibb, and this post... Both outstanding.

16. Not only that...but 2 other things...

1. Keller wasnt taken as a top 10 pick

2. He's not coming in as part of a huge rebuilding effort, and being asked to be the focal point of the entire offense.

I like the Clarke comparison. Although truthfully, I think Keller is more athletic and more versatile.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Thanks man. I'm glad someone is actually listening.

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

this guy can even line up at slot. wont be a asset? ur smoking rock. bubba franks is here to block and theyll figure that out within time. this guy will rotate all over the place and be a red zone target.

he put up 40 times closer to some other WR's that nobody wouldve bitched about had we drafted.

this guy is also a beast once the balls in his hands. fast enough to outrun lbers and strong enough to make dbs eat dirt. yeah he cant be an asset.

19. DougBrien'sABum

DougBrien'sABum New Member

My sentiments exactly. Everyone has to relax, there's still FIVE ROUNDS left. Everyone just has to sit back and relax until the draft is over, before you all beat the FO to death.

20. DougBrien'sABum

DougBrien'sABum New Member

That's what I like to hear brother! I love the pick, the kid is a total animal, I watched that Purdue Minnesota game and hes was a total freak. I see him making plays from the backfield (FB) TE and split out in the slot. If hes used correctly we could shred defenses.