Dustin Keller, our new TE- Welcome to New York

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by notjustQBs, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Vulgar little man? What are you - John Cleese?

2. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Dallas Clark's role is what it is. This H-back / tight-end / Wr strategy is useful when you want to have more than one opportunity from the same set.

The Colts offense features many different plays from the same sets. This gives the defense a lot of problems because they don't know what they're going to be hit with, because every play seems to start out in the same fashion.

Instead of a big lumbering Tight End, if you have a nifty H-Back WR type he will provide more dangerous offensive weaponry.

This strategy doesn't need a horseshoe on the helmet to be useful and effective.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Vernon Davis didn't have over 50 catches in back to back seasons in college. He wasn't as proven. Also, Davis broke his leg as a rookie, but averaged 13-something yards per reception as a rookie. That's a first down per reception. Davis was injured again in 2007, but he pulled in 50 catches for 500ish yards and 4 TDs in a horrible offense.

Keller had 56 catches for 771 yards and 4 TDs as a junior, and 68 catches for 881 yards and 7 TDs as a senior. That's what people would normally call PRODUCTION.

PRODUCTION.

The only comparion that you can make between Keller and Davis is that they both had strong combines.

4. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's useless is we don't know how to use him correctly, the reason why so many TEs flop in this league is that the teams thing just because SD and KC can do it that we can take an oversized WR and get results but instead fail miserably trying to utilize his skill sets.

5. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No but with the amount of weapons on that team along with the QB dishing out the ball has quite a bit to do with their results.

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We know Gholston. We don't know Keller, and we traded up to get him. Makes a lot of sense, but it is pretty funny.

7. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Greg Olsen is another example.

8. rillo

rillo New Member

Why trade up?! WTF?!

9. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

the jets have made two extremely risky picks. falling in love with workout warriors can be a recipe for disaster, and you can make the argument that the jets have fallen in love with TWO of 'em. i just hope it works out!

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I would like to add a few videos as well..so people can stop bashing him

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO-vS7o0PEs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O5zlZziMfQ[/youtube]

11. Rhodes_25

Rhodes_25 New Member

shut the fuck up you negative fucking assholes !

12. boomer

boomer Active Member

Wow, those videos are actually quite impressive.

13. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

That would be "who are you".

Keller's not a bad pick, I see now that the Seahawks were infront of us targetting a TE. I think the Giants like Boss though. I don't think that TE was near our biggest need, but it's far from something that we couldn't improve. His tools are special, but we better hope Woody can stick to RT otherwise we're going to have a bunch of average to a little above average over on that side trying to block.

Still though, we could've solidified CB #2, or got our second safety in Kenny Phillips. Not the apocalypse though, pretty good pick.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Seems like a good player , I Have faith he will be good for us.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

that stiff arm was beast

16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

lcommon... lets keep it civil gentlemen... no need to go crazy

17. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

All Time sack leader ot Ohio State in Gholston, and 124 catches in 2 seasons at Purdue, not to mention the highest rated TE on 90 % of draft boards hardly qualify as work out warriors...

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's a HORRIBLE comparison. Stop spitting out bullshit, because you obviously have nothing to say that matters on the subject of Dustin Keller.

Greg Olsen is 6'6 254.

...also, Olsen was selected to Pro Football Weekly's All-Rookie Team, even after missing a few games.

Dustin Keller was drafted today to be a fixture in the passing game. He wasn't brought in to block, he was brought in to get open and catch passes.

19. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I was skeptical at first but after seeing some highlight reels I think it was a good pick. Not a WR but a playmaking TE is basically just as good and will be on the field more than a #3 WR. Our WR combo is strong as it is, adding this guy in at TE really gives us some passing threats. Trade baker to get back in the 4th round and we'll see what happens.

I say day 1 was a great success.

20. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

I can see why Tangini wanted this guy. As a weak-armed, check-down quarterback, Chad needs a big target that he can rely on to check-down or to create mismatches. Keller will match up against linebackers and use his speed to get open on short routes. He could fit into Chad's game very well. A check-down tightend also bodes well for a developing quarterback like Clemens.

One things for sure: our offense sucked last year. Keller better contribute, and not be invisible for 95% of each game.