NFL Draft 2008 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Petrozza, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Keller's an offensive beast on those videos. When's the last time we had that type of potential here?

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the angst about a blocking TE is overblown IMO....

remember richardson is signed for 08, albeit a full back, will help and do not forget the upgrades along the OL - that should minimize the need for the prototypical blocking TE.

jil

3. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

who said we needed mcfadden to fit the role???

i believe we may have found our new offensive playmaker right here in keller.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

One of the clips on his youtube video that I posted is Keller catching the ball over the middle, and he gets absolutely drilled -- helmet comes off and everything -- but he hangs on the ball, and gets up yelling. He's a beast.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Now I am just pointing this out, but if Keller was obviously going to help us more than any of those WR's why was he never brought up on the board as a viable option? We all talked about WR in round 2, but nobody really talked about Keller...

I am warming up to Keller allready just watch that highlight video but I think my point is still valid...

6. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

Absolutely!

The funniest fans are those who kill the draft, DURING THE DRAFT. Give it at least 2 years, then pass judgement. Besides, many nay-sayers will change they opinion once they see Keller's rating in Madden. :)

7. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I'll go on record as saying I like this pick also. Didn't understand it a first but when you see his ability to make big catches where he's surrounded all over, and break away it makes sense why the Jets moved up. He's a WR in a TE uniform. He will cause mismatch problems. Jet's haven't had a #3 WR/TE with this abilty in long time (Johnny Mitchell)True that JM was not a good blocker but he caused the opponent to game plan arround him. I think that is what Keller will do.

8. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

The question is did the Jets really need a one dimensional pass catching threat?

Especially with Bubba Franks signed?

I hate the fact this guy can't block.

Plus what is Dallas Clark without Peyton Manning?

We don't even have a QB to get him the ball :mad:

9. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

If Keller was the guy we wanted we needed to make that trade otherwise the Giants probably would have taken him there.

If the Jets are going to stay with Chad then we need all the big catch passing guys we can get. Keller acts as a 3rd down WR. Big target that can take the hit.

I like the pick. It's not sexy. But considering we were looking to accumulate picks not move up the Front Office must have been real high on this guy.

10. desert swordz

this explains why NONE OF US HAVE JOBS IN THE NFL, doesnt it.

11. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I saw that too, almost Shockeyesque. The kid has some 'tude in his game and I love it. He could be a real fire starter and third down playermaker for us next season.

12. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

1050 am in new york city Keller is an interview, he is seems like a really bright guy

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Chris Baker "incident" is fairly recent, and everyone on this board had their minds set on James Hardy or Darren McFadden...RB and WR: all of the FLASHY skill positions.

Tight end just wasn't even a thought, because it wasn't an option at 6, and Keller was supposed to go to Seattle in the mid-20s. I love the pick. It was completely surprising, but I truly believe Keller will make an immediate impact.

14. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

I'm sold on this pick. Initially I thought it was a head scratcher because I knew nothing about the kid. I like the playmaking ability he brings and I think the FO had a good reason to move up. They got a solid player, and I really think we put one over on seattle.

I'll drive Baker to the airport for you.

15. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

We never brought it up because we wanted a WR, but REALLY that's what he is. A BIG WR.

Now WHAT I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE... is a bruising Fullback that can open some holes.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

1. We NOW have an offensive line to protect Clemens or Pennington, whoever the starter will be.

2. Dallas Clark was NASTY in college. He'd be effective on any team that utilizes the tight end.

3. Bubba Franks isn't a one dimensional tight end, but Chris Baker is. Franks was brought in to be a veteran backup, and he can block.

4. If you're going to complain about the draft, then you can just leave...because no one gives a shit.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

ManBearPig? OMG thats hysterical way to go South Park!! nice avy, watching Keller take a pass and haul up the sideline so that nobody even came close to him sold me... plus he appears to have some solid hands... I just am really worried about his blocking ability.

19. desert swordz

would have been interesting if we had traded down from the 6 for some more picks, and ended up with keller, avril at OLB, and then some, for a boilermaker-dominated day one for the jets.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Do you not know about the Tony Richardson signing?