Dustin Keller, our new TE- Welcome to New York

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by notjustQBs, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's got Kellen Winslow's waist size and Antonio Gate's breath. Good luck with that.

2. hazmat

hazmat New Member

This guy will completely change our passing game. I don't like trading up but they only gave up a 4th. With Keller changing the offense and Gholston providing the pass rush both sides of the ball should look very different with just these two players.

3. I dont see this pick as so much of a replacement for Baker or even a Tight end for that matter. Keller is gonna come in and be a "match-up guy". I believe we'll see him playing some H back, some Tight end, some full back and even some plays in the slot. I think of him as a more athletic chris cooley/Keith Byars type.

At first I was upset by the pick as i ran down the list of all the big WR's.. But than I realized that Keller is a much safer pick, and w/ the way the draft is going..there will be plenty of value at WR later in this draft.

Keller is a good pick..a real offensive weapon

4. pakijet

pakijet New Member

QUOTE=Br4dw4y5ux;831526]The Pats tend to draft big TE's who can play in a lot of packages. Keller is Doug Jolley sized and can't.[/QUOTE]

fuck he pats where the new york Jets..we have our own style...just watch and c when Dustin Keller Kills the pats and Vernon Gholston rapes brady:rofl2::pats_suck:

give the guy a chance..maybe our coach thought he was the best player availabe? look the seahawks would have drafted him..they drafted carlson TE NOTREDAME..who the eff is he:breakdance::bills_suck::buffaloblows:

5. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

Exactly. Our red zone offense was offensive. Now we have a big playmaker to throw to. Quit bitchin' people, this guy seems like a solid weapon.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

The JETS have not used the TE properly in YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS...

Why did we do this?

7. krd145

krd145 New Member

everyone thinks wr is a huge need. this front office is in love with brad smith. understand that and get over it.

8. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

Well, rumor has it that the Jets FO was heartbroken that the last few years were not included on the ever most popular "Jets Draft Blunders video..." therefore, a TE selection in the first round via a trade up was ordered....

On the flipside, maybe this kid turns out alright....only time will tell. :?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Totally disagree. This guy is a Ben Watson clone, an oversized wideout.

10. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Watching his highlight packages, and this dude can absolutely fly for being 240+ pounds. He looks like he can be that 800-1000+ yard type of TE and if so that's pretty much like having another WR out there. Don't love that they traded up, but I am really liking this pick right now.

11. TheDooner64

TheDooner64 Member

I don't like this pick at 36 let alone 30. Now we can't fill our other needs because we lost our 2nd 4th rounder....

12. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

please dont let him be another johnny mitchell

13. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We've never used an TE that way, what makes you think that it start now? He will be used exactly like how Baker was used.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

just watched some of his videos.....damn he looks better then I thought...

15. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I don't know anything about college guys so I have no idea if Keller is good or not. But I trust in Tannenbaum. And for those of you who like Keller but aren't thrilled with us trading up for him - relax. All we gave up was a 4th rounder. By that point in the draft, it's all just a crapshoot. There are a good number of excellent players in the NFL who were never drafted at all. After the 2nd round, draft picks in general are overrated. I'm all in favor of trading down in the 1st to get 2nd rounders but what did Green Bay get out of this deal? They dropped down 7 spots and got a 4th rounder. Big deal. If they are desperate for 3rd string fliers, that's cool but what's the difference?

16. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just that all of our TEs have sucked as receivers recently? I don't remember Becht, Jolley or Brady becoming these receiving threats once they left the Jets?

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Not sure about the pick....he is sort of like a Greg Olsen and Olsen is doing nothing right now.....

But....the corners were gone.....still, was he so good that we had to trade up for him?

If the Jets keep Baker, the Keller pick is senseless, if they let Baker go....who will block?

I think we should have stayed put and taken a lineman in round 2, or taken the WR from Mich. State even though a lot f people are saying he's not that great.....

Either way, we don;t have many picks now, so lets hope we've focused on quality and gotten it right.

18. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Maybe they aim to fix that.

20. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People said the same thing about Vernon Davis, and we are still waiting for results