NFL Draft 2008 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Petrozza, Apr 26, 2008.

1. islesfan

islesfan New Member

Nobody would have taken Keller. There was no reason to move up and waste a 4th rounder. It's not Keller that people are unhappy about, it's the moving up.

Right now they could have had Keller or they could have had Sweed, Hardy or Kelly. Plus the 4th rounder they gave up.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That's just a ridiculous thing to say. If he turns out to be as good as Gates it was a great pick. There was no good reason to trade up, that's the problem I have. He would have been there at 36.

3. triplebean

triplebean New Member

Jets plus TE in the first round = Disaster!! When will this franchise learn???

4. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

I would have been happy with any of those 3 WRs. Obviously those guys would be facing CBs, meaning no mismatch, and probably not the 'explosive' weapon we were hoping for.

Keller will be going against LBs (who won't be able to match up) and safeties. Meaning, perhaps he can offer more 'explosive' play.

Plus, to add on to my earlier stats, the only TE who does have more catches then Keller (Rucker from Missouri) averages a full 3 yards less per reception AND he is not a good blocker either.

Of course hearing "won't block" concerns me. Maybe the CS sees his work ethic (which is sighted as high) and plans to coach up that part of his game.

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

If he pans out he will provide more impact this year than a #3 WR would have. It's a good pick.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We have nothing for Robertson yet and who will give up anything for Baker who ends up getting cut?

7. Nomad

Nomad Member

Everyone on NFL Network liked the pick, but to me a TE who wont block is useless. If they plan on using this guy as WR they should have just picked a WR or atleast waited to take him instead of trading up.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, but we all know he won't.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'll post this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O5zlZziMfQ

He would've been gone by 36...guaranteed. Watch his highlight film, and then complain. He's an absolute beast in the open field, he has solid hands, and he will fit in nicely into our offense. Cotchery and Coles will be fine at receiver. Keller is athletic enough to split out at wideout also. Don't complain until you know what you're talking about.

Chris Baker will likely be traded, and we can recoup that 4th rounder.

10. Kenny

Kenny New Member

The Dolphins could of taken him, the giants could of taken him with shockey being traded probable.

I love the pick.

11. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

Of course you cannot understand why we traded up to pick him.How can you understand when you are sitting somewhere with a computer and a TV, not in anyones war room where the phones are ringing.You have no idea what conversations are going on plus teams values or needs.It's really strange that each and every year when our favorite players are not mentioned people seem to think we made a mistake.The favorite WR's like Hardy, Sweed, Jackson are still there .Are the Jets the only team to have "errerd" by not taking them?

12. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

What a fucking disgrace. We needed to build here- not take a feast or phamon flyer. He may be fast, athletic, whatever. He can't block- we got raped for him, 2nd only to the Carloina raping earlier. You build a team by trading down, getting capable bodies without sacrificing the rest of the draft...

You trade a few spots down take an extra pick get a top 3 WR and then have 2/3 more picks in the next 2 rounds-- instead you take a player you could have gotten by not moving, still had a four and not have to pay him 1st round cash... (oh yeah- and we just signed a TE we should have drafted 10 fucking years ago)

The whole thing is a fucking joke... management should check these boards and get a clue. I'M SO FUCKING PISSED.

Sorry about language if anyone offended. Welcome to draft day.

13. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

It's an excellent pick. Rumor had it the Giants were taking him and then trading Shockey so let's not hear the BS that they didn't have to move up. They know when they have to trade up. This is a hr pick, some of you are so freakin clueless.

14. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm actually okay with this pick, I had forgotten about him to be honest and while all the top recievers were still on the board none of them were really game breakers. Keller should be able to generate some mismatches and gives us someone who can go down the middle and catch the ball. I'm not sure they should have traded up to get him in a year we were short on picks anyways but I wouldn't call it a bad pick. I also thinks that this says the Jets are OK with K.C. at QB. Speaking of K.C., although another KC, I do have to say I think the best draft so far belongs to the Chiefs

15. islesfan

islesfan New Member

I would love it if the Jets could trade next years 2nd rounder for one this year with the hope of landing one of those big WR's.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Exactly. There's a reason why Donnie fuckin' Avery was the first WR taken. None of you knew about, or wanted him, did you?

Keller wasn't expected...big deal. He's a beast, and he's probably better, and more reliable then any of the receivers in this year's draft.

17. #28Martin

100 percent correct. Some fans are just so freakin clueless. The TE the Jets got was predicted to go higher then he went. WFAN yesterday they had an expert raving about this guy. Nothing not to like.

18. #28Martin

bingo !!!!!!!!!!

19. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Could it be possible that we don't even line-up at TE? Colston was a WR converted to TE that ended up back at WR in the pros.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the pick. I never said I did. I have a big problem with trading up.

What good reason was there to trade up?